Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/08/2010
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

brigantine_72 wrote:

Mayhem1421 wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

How can you be so IGNORANT **bleep** PEOPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hah...bro ease off the caffeine, stop acting entitled. The companies set a bad trend by letting trading/sharing and losing money in the process. All they be doing is righting the ship Smiley Wink By you lending a friend a title your engaging in PIRACY!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!! Kinda like TERRORISM but without the death and destruction!!! Don't be cheap bro open thy wallet and let it flow.


While I agree Zorrillo needs to chill out calling lending a game piracy is insane. Piracy is illegally making copies of a game. When lending a game to a friend there is still only one game that can be played. If you purchased a disk and copied it to your HD then somehow lent it to a friend and they also copied it to a HD, allowing both of you to play the game, then yes that is piracy. When I lend a game I purchased to a friend I cannot play that game. I have no problem with this since I only purchased one copy of the game.


brig - I was joking there good buddy Smiley Wink

Message 71 of 91 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
1010 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
PC has even worse DRM. Some even do invasive hard disk and memory scans.

Punkbuster (Crysis, Battlefield 3, EA DRM/Anticheat) even has a part where they explicitly state they reserve the right to scan your entire hard disk and all your files.

Not that I don't believe you or anything, but can you give a citation for this? It's interesting. 

 photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 72 of 91 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2013
Offline
1013 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013
I am not against the production companies making money. That doesn't bother me at all. What does bother me is that these companies think that a used game sale will stop them from making money. I bought Killzone 3 used, and that game is good enough to get me to buy Killzone 2 new (found a new copy hiding under the game cases at the Walmart I work at), plus I bought the HD version of Killzone 1 off of PSN. That single used game sale got me to spend another $35 on new games.

With DRM there will be CD keys like with PC games to activate your game. If I buy a game from a store, why should I have to pay extra money (possibly even the cost of the new game at launch) for the activation code for the game. I haven't even played Killzone 3's online yet, but DRM can make it so that you can't even play single player without the activation code (referencing Diablo 2, Diablo 3 (which you can't play at all without an Internet connection), Starcraft 2 (same setup as Diablo 3), Command and Conquer, Age of Empires and thousands of other PC games). I don't mind paying a reasonable fee to play games online. To me, $60/year with no other benefits besides playing online is not a reasonable price. If the price was $60/year with store discounts and higher quality online gameplay over the free PSN, then it would be a reasonable price.

What MS does for online gameplay is flat out crazy. I know that game maintanence costs money. I just don't think that asinine fee should be put on the players.
My PSN
Message 73 of 91 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/07/2009
Offline
657 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

Mayhem1421 wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

How can you be so IGNORANT **bleep** PEOPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hah...bro ease off the caffeine, stop acting entitled. The companies set a bad trend by letting trading/sharing and losing money in the process. All they be doing is righting the ship Smiley Wink By you lending a friend a title your engaging in PIRACY!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!! Kinda like TERRORISM but without the death and destruction!!! Don't be cheap bro open thy wallet and let it flow.


I know what you are doing LOL, you are NOT **bleep**(Edit: A Special Kid) and I know that because I imagine you laughing on your end hehe and you are just waiting for me to curse you on the forums, I got ya and I will not give the pleasure Smiley Happy of course I might be wrong and you may be actually serious.

Message 74 of 91 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/08/2010
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

LazyShady wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:
PC has even worse DRM. Some even do invasive hard disk and memory scans.

Punkbuster (Crysis, Battlefield 3, EA DRM/Anticheat) even has a part where they explicitly state they reserve the right to scan your entire hard disk and all your files.

Not that I don't believe you or anything, but can you give a citation for this? It's interesting. 


They have no idea what they're talking about. All PB does is check processes and memory locations  and see if the game .exe has been injected with a aimbot or cham or anything else. It does not scan your hard drive.

Message 75 of 91 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/08/2010
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:

Mayhem1421 wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

How can you be so IGNORANT **bleep** PEOPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hah...bro ease off the caffeine, stop acting entitled. The companies set a bad trend by letting trading/sharing and losing money in the process. All they be doing is righting the ship Smiley Wink By you lending a friend a title your engaging in PIRACY!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!! Kinda like TERRORISM but without the death and destruction!!! Don't be cheap bro open thy wallet and let it flow.


I know what you are doing LOL, you are NOT **bleep**(Edit: A Special Kid) and I know that because I imagine you laughing on your end hehe and you are just waiting for me to curse you on the forums, I got ya and I will not give the pleasure Smiley Happy of course I might be wrong and you may be actually serious.


lol, it's all good man. We're just a couple of mixed up gamers in this world trying to make sense of it all!

Message 76 of 91 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 06/09/2013
Offline
34 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Mayhem1421 wrote:

brigantine_72 wrote:

Mayhem1421 wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

How can you be so IGNORANT **bleep** PEOPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hah...bro ease off the caffeine, stop acting entitled. The companies set a bad trend by letting trading/sharing and losing money in the process. All they be doing is righting the ship Smiley Wink By you lending a friend a title your engaging in PIRACY!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!! Kinda like TERRORISM but without the death and destruction!!! Don't be cheap bro open thy wallet and let it flow.


While I agree Zorrillo needs to chill out calling lending a game piracy is insane. Piracy is illegally making copies of a game. When lending a game to a friend there is still only one game that can be played. If you purchased a disk and copied it to your HD then somehow lent it to a friend and they also copied it to a HD, allowing both of you to play the game, then yes that is piracy. When I lend a game I purchased to a friend I cannot play that game. I have no problem with this since I only purchased one copy of the game.


brig - I was joking there good buddy Smiley Wink


My bad! Smiley Sad

Message 77 of 91 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/08/2010
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

brigantine_72 wrote:

Mayhem1421 wrote:

brigantine_72 wrote:

Mayhem1421 wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

How can you be so IGNORANT **bleep** PEOPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hah...bro ease off the caffeine, stop acting entitled. The companies set a bad trend by letting trading/sharing and losing money in the process. All they be doing is righting the ship Smiley Wink By you lending a friend a title your engaging in PIRACY!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!! Kinda like TERRORISM but without the death and destruction!!! Don't be cheap bro open thy wallet and let it flow.


While I agree Zorrillo needs to chill out calling lending a game piracy is insane. Piracy is illegally making copies of a game. When lending a game to a friend there is still only one game that can be played. If you purchased a disk and copied it to your HD then somehow lent it to a friend and they also copied it to a HD, allowing both of you to play the game, then yes that is piracy. When I lend a game I purchased to a friend I cannot play that game. I have no problem with this since I only purchased one copy of the game.


brig - I was joking there good buddy Smiley Wink


My bad! Smiley Sad


Atleast I can say the PS forum is actually civilized. The Xbox forum is just VICIOUS.....

Message 78 of 91 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2013
Offline
1013 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013
I'm very strongly against cheating, but that is a completely different subject and I'm not getting into that in this thread.

Scanning your entire hard drive is a very loose expression that can be used for a lot of different things. They could be searching for cookie data for advertising as well as for the cheating programs. Personally I don't want anything scanning my hard drives unless it's a disk defragmenter, file structure check, virus scan, or something like that.

Drive maintanence is completely different though. My information is my information. I don't want or need anybody going through it for ad targeting or any BS like that.
My PSN
Message 79 of 91 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 06/09/2013
Offline
34 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Mayhem1421 wrote:

brigantine_72 wrote:

Mayhem1421 wrote:

brigantine_72 wrote:

Mayhem1421 wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

How can you be so IGNORANT **bleep** PEOPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hah...bro ease off the caffeine, stop acting entitled. The companies set a bad trend by letting trading/sharing and losing money in the process. All they be doing is righting the ship Smiley Wink By you lending a friend a title your engaging in PIRACY!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!! Kinda like TERRORISM but without the death and destruction!!! Don't be cheap bro open thy wallet and let it flow.


While I agree Zorrillo needs to chill out calling lending a game piracy is insane. Piracy is illegally making copies of a game. When lending a game to a friend there is still only one game that can be played. If you purchased a disk and copied it to your HD then somehow lent it to a friend and they also copied it to a HD, allowing both of you to play the game, then yes that is piracy. When I lend a game I purchased to a friend I cannot play that game. I have no problem with this since I only purchased one copy of the game.


brig - I was joking there good buddy Smiley Wink


My bad! Smiley Sad


Atleast I can say the PS forum is actually civilized. The Xbox forum is just VICIOUS.....


LOL, Yep!! Smiley Very Happy  Even legit questions get crazy fast!

Message 80 of 91 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes