Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/08/2010
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

balmungfury wrote:
But microsoft owns the servers thats how they are able to charge for it I asked Namco about this because the online passes do not work when XBLG is expired even though you buy access to them double dipping fees on consumers. It is all a crock of bleeding Makoto nuts.

From what I know Microsoft doesn't "own" the servers. Live is a central network, and the individual developers connect their servers to it.


This, all MP games BF3 etc are all hosted by the pubs/developers.

Message 61 of 91 (144 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/08/2010
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

brigantine_72 wrote:

I agree with the servers being an issue that must be paid for. The online pass is not a problem in my opinion when it has to do with online play. The problem comes in when an entirely offline single player game is getting junk tacked on just to justify online play. I have no issue with Microsoft charging used game buyers an extra fee to access the multiplayer servers. These servers are constantly updated and worked on so it is only natural everyone using them pays for them. If you purchase a used game to play on these servers you owe maintenance money.

 

A game like Skyrim is played totally offline and should not be hampered by an online pass or other such DRM. Of course Skyrim opens up the issue of pricing. Should all games be universally charging $60? My opinion is no. Skyrim and other such games could easily justify a $100 price tag while other games can’t justify a $30 price tag. It’s the one size fits all DRM approach that I find so troubling.


I hear what your saying, in the end people need to pay for the game whether new or used. But I definitely think it needs to be market value, a game that's a year old etc will usually not be selling for the new price of $49/$59.  If it's $30 in a year that's very fair. Forget the used market, just focus on new for the moment. I don't think anyone should be all "mad bro" at that. Fair market value is what I say, I had to do it when I bought a used disc of Bad Company 2 and I payed EA's Pass which is fine. Again, the DRM is just a way to make sure devs/pubs get what they deserve at fair market value. Whether it's $60/$30/$15 etc...

Message 62 of 91 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/07/2009
Offline
654 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

- If devs find a way to stop piracy that doesn't affect me, I'd be fine with that, internet check doesn't affect me because even if my internet goes down I can still use my phone internet, but having to do it every 24 hour it's going to be annoying but not a deal breaker. ( not going to stop piracy imo, people are still going to hack PS4 and like always everyone would get what they want out of it anyways )

 

- Not being able to share/borrow games from/to my friends the exact same way I to do now it's a deal breaker for me, how does that has anything to do with the suppose make more money because it's a profitable company? Forcing me to buy a game my friends "OWN"? Do you even own that game if you can't let your friends borrow it? They'd better slow down or else they might crash, you know the proverb: Do not bite off more than you can chew, this may change my mind about buying a PS4.

 

- I don't buy used games but I sell the one I don't like, I play online and if for whatever glitchy reason I want to sell it, I deserve the right to sell that game to whoever will pay me pay me more for it so I don't feel like I've wasted 60 - 80 bucks on it, even if they give you a SP or MP demo, it wouldn't be a solution because you probably wouldn't find out whether X game is broken or not.

 

Funny how people excuses these companies for their actions, we are the only ones bullied here and they shouldn't be acting like piracy it's every gamer fault, slow down you companies or else I might stop giving you my lunch everyday.

 

 

Message 63 of 91 (114 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/08/2010
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Zyou just answered your own questionorrillo90 wrote:

- If devs find a way to stop piracy that doesn't affect me, I'd be fine with that, internet check doesn't affect me because even if my internet goes down I can still use my phone internet, but having to do it every 24 hour it's going to be annoying but not a deal breaker. ( not going to stop piracy imo, people are still going to hack PS4 and like always everyone would get what they want out of it anyways )

 

- Not being able to share/borrow games from/to my friends the exact same way I to do now it's a deal breaker for me, how does that has anything to do with the suppose make more money because it's a profitable company? Forcing me to buy a game my friends "OWN"? Do you even own that game if you can't let your friends borrow it? They'd better slow down or else they might crash, you know the proverb: Do not bite off more than you can chew, this may change my mind about buying a PS4.

 

- I don't buy used games but I sell the one I don't like, I play online and if for whatever glitchy reason I want to sell it, I deserve the right to sell that game to whoever will pay me pay me more for it so I don't feel like I've wasted 60 - 80 bucks on it, even if they give you a SP or MP demo, it wouldn't be a solution because you probably wouldn't find out whether X game is broken or not.

 

Funny how people excuses these companies for their actions, we are the only ones bullied here and they shouldn't be acting like piracy it's every gamer fault, slow down you companies or else I might stop giving you my lunch everyday.

 

 


You answered your own question, you dont own the game. So you shouldnt be playing it...

Message 64 of 91 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/07/2009
Offline
654 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Mayhem1421 wrote:

Zyou just answered your own questionorrillo90 wrote:

- If devs find a way to stop piracy that doesn't affect me, I'd be fine with that, internet check doesn't affect me because even if my internet goes down I can still use my phone internet, but having to do it every 24 hour it's going to be annoying but not a deal breaker. ( not going to stop piracy imo, people are still going to hack PS4 and like always everyone would get what they want out of it anyways )

 

- Not being able to share/borrow games from/to my friends the exact same way I to do now it's a deal breaker for me, how does that has anything to do with the suppose make more money because it's a profitable company? Forcing me to buy a game my friends "OWN"? Do you even own that game if you can't let your friends borrow it? They'd better slow down or else they might crash, you know the proverb: Do not bite off more than you can chew, this may change my mind about buying a PS4.

 

- I don't buy used games but I sell the one I don't like, I play online and if for whatever glitchy reason I want to sell it, I deserve the right to sell that game to whoever will pay me pay me more for it so I don't feel like I've wasted 60 - 80 bucks on it, even if they give you a SP or MP demo, it wouldn't be a solution because you probably wouldn't find out whether X game is broken or not.

 

Funny how people excuses these companies for their actions, we are the only ones bullied here and they shouldn't be acting like piracy it's every gamer fault, slow down you companies or else I might stop giving you my lunch everyday.

 

 


You answered your own question, you dont own the game. So you shouldnt be playing it...


Oh **bleep** I forgot about that how geniuessss y=u are wowwow You must be JOKING GOD DAM IT"

Message 65 of 91 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/08/2010
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:

Mayhem1421 wrote:

Zyou just answered your own questionorrillo90 wrote:

- If devs find a way to stop piracy that doesn't affect me, I'd be fine with that, internet check doesn't affect me because even if my internet goes down I can still use my phone internet, but having to do it every 24 hour it's going to be annoying but not a deal breaker. ( not going to stop piracy imo, people are still going to hack PS4 and like always everyone would get what they want out of it anyways )

 

- Not being able to share/borrow games from/to my friends the exact same way I to do now it's a deal breaker for me, how does that has anything to do with the suppose make more money because it's a profitable company? Forcing me to buy a game my friends "OWN"? Do you even own that game if you can't let your friends borrow it? They'd better slow down or else they might crash, you know the proverb: Do not bite off more than you can chew, this may change my mind about buying a PS4.

 

- I don't buy used games but I sell the one I don't like, I play online and if for whatever glitchy reason I want to sell it, I deserve the right to sell that game to whoever will pay me pay me more for it so I don't feel like I've wasted 60 - 80 bucks on it, even if they give you a SP or MP demo, it wouldn't be a solution because you probably wouldn't find out whether X game is broken or not.

 

Funny how people excuses these companies for their actions, we are the only ones bullied here and they shouldn't be acting like piracy it's every gamer fault, slow down you companies or else I might stop giving you my lunch everyday.

 

 


You answered your own question, you dont own the game. So you shouldnt be playing it...


Oh **bleep** I forgot about that how geniuessss y=u are wowwow You must be JOKING GOD DAM IT"


LOL, that's why we have demos/betas etc....Most of the time you have pleny of chances to try a game and not cry about wasting $$$ :smileywink:

Message 66 of 91 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/07/2009
Offline
654 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

How can you be so IGNORANT **bleep** PEOPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 67 of 91 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Neither does the publisher once they sell a copy you can loan it to whomever you please. Whatever happens we will be powerless to do anything about Life is sad.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 68 of 91 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/08/2010
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:

How can you be so IGNORANT **bleep** PEOPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hah...bro ease off the caffeine, stop acting entitled. The companies set a bad trend by letting trading/sharing and losing money in the process. All they be doing is righting the ship :smileywink: By you lending a friend a title your engaging in PIRACY!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!! Kinda like TERRORISM but without the death and destruction!!! Don't be cheap bro open thy wallet and let it flow.

Message 69 of 91 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 06/09/2013
Offline
34 posts
 

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Mayhem1421 wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

How can you be so IGNORANT **bleep** PEOPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hah...bro ease off the caffeine, stop acting entitled. The companies set a bad trend by letting trading/sharing and losing money in the process. All they be doing is righting the ship :smileywink: By you lending a friend a title your engaging in PIRACY!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!! Kinda like TERRORISM but without the death and destruction!!! Don't be cheap bro open thy wallet and let it flow.


While I agree Zorrillo needs to chill out calling lending a game piracy is insane. Piracy is illegally making copies of a game. When lending a game to a friend there is still only one game that can be played. If you purchased a disk and copied it to your HD then somehow lent it to a friend and they also copied it to a HD, allowing both of you to play the game, then yes that is piracy. When I lend a game I purchased to a friend I cannot play that game. I have no problem with this since I only purchased one copy of the game.

Message 70 of 91 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes