Jun 08 2013
By: h4783101h First Son 4 posts

Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

90 replies 523 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

I've been a loyal Playstation gamer for well over a decade. I got a PS1, PS2 and PS3 on Christmas. "98, "02, "08

I loved all the exclusives, my fav are Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 10, Chrono Cross, Crash CTR, Uncharted series, God Of War, ICO, Shadow Of The Colossus, Dark Cloud, Metal Gear Solid, the List goes on and On. 

I love Playstation. I really do. I'm even a PS+ subscriber, I love it. 

I'm also looking foward to The Last Of Us, Tales Of Xillia, Gran Turismo 6, Beyond Two Souls and the other great exclusives

However, I've been **bleep** about the recent reports about DRM. 

I know Developers and Publishers are losing money on used games and I feel for them, I really do. However, we're not all millionaires. We all can't afford to pay $60 a video game. I hate how retailers like Gamestop can't give a little share for used games. A small %, I mean you are selling their stuff, right? I don't want to have to pay a fee for anything I bought. I bought the game I should be able to do what I want with it. 

You want me to hold on to the game, then make a good game, it's that simple. Make a game like Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 or LittlebigPlanet, goodness I love them both.

I hope for no DRM on any game. Not even third party games. No. I really want to play the next Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. 

So I had to ask a loyal fanbase, would you dump Sony and the PS4 if it has DRM? 

I wouldn't even hesitate, I would buy a Wii U and build a PC and stay happy. 

So, would you? 

Message 1 of 91 (523 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29189 posts

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 8, 2013

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, even though you only have two posts. You're going to build a PC and pay twice as much, when PC games have just as bad, if not WORSE digital rights management than console games?

Message 2 of 91 (514 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

Jun 8, 2013
dip for what? all this jumping ship is ridiculous.
Message 3 of 91 (506 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 8, 2013

But thats the thing used games are not property of devs and pubs they are OUR Property and if a want to use game disc as shurikens let alone sell them then it is my *** **** American right and only taxes need be paid to Uncle Sam. Is M$ even American anymore?

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 4 of 91 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 8, 2013

All I can say is enough is enough. These big companies want more money so they cause an uproar which only effect the gamers. Well,, just like now microsoft is backpeddling because of the original press release of xbox1. You **bleep** of the gamers who buys your consoles, games and accessories you may lose them. Thats why even now microsoft is informing the public that their console will play used games and they wont charge for using them either. They release that information publically yesterday.

So what it boils down to is don't **bleep** of the gamers or they will leave you arse....... Secondly I must say if your not happy making what money you did for development, make a better product. Corporations are greedy and they don't want to work hard for their money. Well if they want more money, then get off your arses.... Plain and simple.

Message 5 of 91 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I don't usually entertain hypotheticals. But, no, I would not drop the PlayStation. DRM is not bad.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 6 of 91 (492 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I know that, but what point is there in buying a console when you can build a PC?

Message 7 of 91 (486 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29189 posts

Jun 8, 2013

h4783101h wrote:

I know that, but what point is there in buying a console when you can build a PC?

So you don't have to constantly upgrade your video cards, worry about if you have the right drivers, enough RAM, and even when you do there's still a chance when you load up the latest and greatest game and SURPRISE!! It STILL doesn't work.

I buy a console I spend money ONCE, and all the games will work for the next 5-7 years. And unlike the seemingly majority of "gamers", I know how to comparision shop to save money, and I know that used games are not always a bargain.

Message 8 of 91 (477 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jun 8, 2013

My personal position on the PS4 and XBOX1 has been the same since the day they were officially announced. I will not be getting either anytime soon. On top of all this pathetic war between Mircosoft sucks and SOny better not do what Microsoft did only makes me back down more. It all boils down to what games either console offers that interest me more. I have always gone with PlayStation because of I am more familiar with the PlayStation brand.

I understand WHY people are on the fence with all this issue of DRM and used games. Personally I could care less. Then again I do not speak for everyone else. And I don't ever want to. If I want a PS4 down the line I will wait until I feel the PS4 is worth my time. Right now, even if the games that will be shown at E3 are interesting, I rather wait a year or so before I get a PS4. I don't hate the competition but I also do not approve when either companies take it too far. Whatever SONY has planned for E3 will tip the scale for many but it will not change my view on it. 

Message 9 of 91 (469 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 8, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

h4783101h wrote:

So you don't have to constantly upgrade your video cards, worry about if you have the right drivers, enough RAM, and even when you do there's still a chance when you load up the latest and greatest game and SURPRISE!! It STILL doesn't work.

I buy a console I spend money ONCE, and all the games will work for the next 5-7 years. And unlike the seemingly majority of "gamers", I know how to comparision shop to save money, and I know that used games are not always a bargain.

PC is still moe powerful, gives you better gaming and graphics. 

At the end of the day I care about gaming. I will stick to what I have, build a PC and buy a Wii U. 

Gosh, I was right when I said this site has a loyal fanbase. 

Message 10 of 91 (464 Views)
0 Likes