Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
I buy like 90% of my games new anyways, not necessarily at $60, but I wait for them to go on sale. If this effects being able to bring my game to a friends house I will be a little upset though but it won't alter my decision.

I would like to know how much ps4 games are gonna cost.

the same price a now^.

to the  op ,Me personally i  know  i will get ps4 day one but same time  i dont want  that drm trash on it. its not sony responisbility to   play  "digital gamesstops and cut these companies a  slice  of the pie".. their  job is  security of the  brand  in their  umbrella of  workers..

if sony  pulls something like that out, i  could respect it for their own games, but its just big waste of money and un needed hassles. in small every dev need to take care  of their  own in the right fashion , it not  sony job to do second sales for them, get your  own hands  dirty for your  games , dont bark demands. If they are serious about 2nd hand sale thing  give gamers the  places  to do so by them..  Sony console is not a second hand payment  store  or  program for all of  gaming...

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 91 (2,491 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jun 9, 2013

If its as bad as what M$ is doing then its gonna be awhile before I pick up a PS4 

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 91 (2,157 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 9, 2013

ichigo334 wrote:

If its as bad as what M$ is doing then its gonna be awhile before I pick up a PS4 

I am sorry microsoft now longer deserves the capital in its name so it m$ now honestly dont even deserve the shift key to anymore so make that m4. Also keep flooding the servers with used game/drm comments let the world taste our might.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 91 (1,667 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Figured I'd finally log into my PSN account and weigh in on this. While I'm a 100% PC gamer at the moment I definitely plan on getting a PS4 simply because I'm tired of playing on PC (Imagine that). I've had 3 Xboxs/2 PS3's so I can definitely voice my opinion on this. I've bought alot of used games from Gamestop over the years and all, I have also traded in as well so I'm guilty in that. DRM is nothing new, as I'm a Steam user I see it everyday. It was long coming that consoles would get there and really there is nothing wrong with it. Publishers/Developers  expect full retail pricing or whatever the going rate on a long time release is at the moment per copy. What I feel the problem is that a good portion of the console community has just been trained over the years to be this way. And we have the result, buying used games at GS or renting from GF is acceptable. In a manner yes it is, but it's also completely acceptable for pubs/devs to want full price or going rate for the product and not have d'bags like GS rob a kid and his mom and give him a $20 credit for his brand new copy of CoD he bought a week prior. You know GS is going to sell that for $40+.  All GS does is double dip and the day they go under I'll gladly do a happy dance. In the end when it comes to MP companies like EA will just keep doing the Digital Pass which is fine. I just think the console community needs to come to grips and realize DRM is here and it's not the boogy man coming to take you away in the night. It's just to make sure devs get paid and that's it.

Regards,

Me :smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 91 (1,373 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Mayhem1421 wrote:

Figured I'd finally log into my PSN account and weigh in on this. While I'm a 100% PC gamer at the moment I definitely plan on getting a PS4 simply because I'm tired of playing on PC (Imagine that). I've had 3 Xboxs/2 PS3's so I can definitely voice my opinion on this. I've bought alot of used games from Gamestop over the years and all, I have also traded in as well so I'm guilty in that. DRM is nothing new, as I'm a Steam user I see it everyday. It was long coming that consoles would get there and really there is nothing wrong with it. Publishers/Developers  expect full retail pricing or whatever the going rate on a long time release is at the moment per copy. What I feel the problem is that a good portion of the console community has just been trained over the years to be this way. And we have the result, buying used games at GS or renting from GF is acceptable. In a manner yes it is, but it's also completely acceptable for pubs/devs to want full price or going rate for the product and not have d'bags like GS rob a kid and his mom and give him a $20 credit for his brand new copy of CoD he bought a week prior. You know GS is going to sell that for $40+.  All GS does is double dip and the day they go under I'll gladly do a happy dance. In the end when it comes to MP companies like EA will just keep doing the Digital Pass which is fine. I just think the console community needs to come to grips and realize DRM is here and it's not the boogy man coming to take you away in the night. It's just to make sure devs get paid and that's it.

Regards,

Me :smileywink: 

Wow, Go back to PC you are Biased. Who sells the most new games rhetorical question GS does how by offering credits on old games that help buy new games more frequently. Now I have heard that some GS push used more then new because thats money they gave to consumers that they need to make a profit on. True trade in value have dropped but there was a  depression that America went thru recently. Why do you think it so hard for a Dev to get a publisher, because they budget badly EA, activision and all AAA publishers spend far to much money in production. Mojang is more profitable. $40 million in production, mocapping, paid endorsements useless trife.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 91 (976 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

I've been primarily a PC player for 5-6 years now. I've played a few PS3/360 games in that time, but I don't need a console to fill gaps in my gaming schedule. 

...heck, I still haven't touched my copy of Uncharted 3 or my 360 version of LA Noire. the latter of which was bought used in opposition to R*'s intrusive DRM.

Truthfully, being able to use consoles every once in a while to "stick it" to studios/publishers that use terrible DRM on PC is a major reason I keep a console around. 

I don't have enough use for a console otherwise and if PS4 does as the XB1, then they don't want me to be there to support their studios like Insomniac and Naughty Dog and the rest ...they'll get $0 from me just like R*.

I'll just stick to PC for now. 

...besides, a PS4 emulator that curcumvents all DRM will come to PC eventually [...being x86, sooner rather than later] and I'll remember who didn't want me as a customer and screw them 100% of the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 91 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14962 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I don't mind DRM, but it CANNOT be as invasive and restrictive as Microsoft is doing.... 

I will not support any publisher/developer that also has their games have such DRM that is restrictive on the PS4.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 91 (128 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3136 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I will likely pick of the PS4 at launch (if I can find one) regardless of the DRM. I typically buy my games new anyway, and often digitally so that I don't have to deal with game cases. As such, I'm already subject to the DRM mechanism of the PSN store. I'm much more interested in how backwards compatibility is going to be handeled for my existing game collection at this point.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 91 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I'm not sure what I'm going to purchase yet. I've been an Xbox gamer this last generation but after learning about the XBone policies I will not be getting one of them. I'm just not sure if I will get a PS4 or not yet. If they have less restrictive/invasive/anti-consumer policies I will purchase one but if it is basically the same as XBone not sure what I'm going to do. Could go back to PC but I really enjoy controller gaming and far to few PC games support the controller.

XBone issues I hope are not on the PS4:

1) Used game sale restrictions! I believe once you purchase a game it is yours to do with as you want. The only reason Steam gets away with their restrictive DRM is they have great sales so it benefits the gamer. XBLive never had those kind of sales and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. I'm not sure how PSN handled, or will handle, digitial downloads so this is a wait and see.

2) Entertainment first, not gaming, policies! My TV does everything XBLive does without the extra supscription or the need to turn on a second device. Looks to me so far Sony is going games first second and last so this looks good.

3) Always on stupidity! While I have a great internet connection I see no reason that I should be spied upon every 24 hours. If I wanted to never ever connect my system to the internet I should still be able to play games. Not sure what the PS4 policy will be on this but this is important to me.

4) A general feel that the system was built with a publisher first mentality! XBone was built from the ground up to give publishers control over the way gamers game, and most importantly purchase those games. Publishers need to make money and I have no problem with them doing that but I will not support an anti-consumer product. Again, I don't know enough about the PS4 to decide if it is anti-consumer or not.

I could go on but those are the big reasons I will not be purchasing an XBone and will be hoping Sony has none of it in their system. The only exclusive XBone has so far that I care about loosing is the Halo francise.  I feel much less excited about this generation than the last but I hope that will change after Sony's E3 press conferesnce.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 91 (116 Views)
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I'm biased because I have zero issue with DRM? Because a dev/pub has the right to the money they earned?  Also, this notion that DRM is anti-consumer is just rubbish.  I have 0 empathy for people that have 3 consoles, you had enough $$$ for the boxes now you gotta pay forthe software.  This is no different than PC games/software one copy per machine/account. 

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 91 (184 Views)