Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
28565 posts

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 8, 2013
LOL PC gaming......

If the PS4 had DRM, I would still buy it. Playstation has too many great franchises for me to ignore. DRM is something that is coming at some point whether we like it or not. Videogames are a business too. Can't fault companies for trying to maximize profits, even if it's a poor attempt (Looking at you, MS).
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 91 (273 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15050 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I think the point is, if you start having to deal with DRM on consoles...then, it will be based completely on what you like, and what games a system has. No loner will consoles be the convenient option, because, building a PC is pretty easy these days. And unless you have NO IDEA what you're doing, games WILL work on the rig you build, and that rig, I might add, will last longer than the general lifespan of any console...Contrary to the generalization captainalbator was making.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 91 (267 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14251 posts

Jun 8, 2013

h4783101h wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

h4783101h wrote:

I know that, but what point is there in buying a console when you can build a PC?

So you don't have to constantly upgrade your video cards, worry about if you have the right drivers, enough RAM, and even when you do there's still a chance when you load up the latest and greatest game and SURPRISE!! It STILL doesn't work.

I buy a console I spend money ONCE, and all the games will work for the next 5-7 years. And unlike the seemingly majority of "gamers", I know how to comparision shop to save money, and I know that used games are not always a bargain.

PC is still moe powerful, gives you better gaming and graphics. 

At the end of the day I care about gaming. I will stick to what I have, build a PC and buy a Wii U. 

Gosh, I was right when I said this site has a loyal fanbase. 

That's just conflicting. You care about gaming but your making a point that PC gives you better graphics, "better gaming", and you'll buy a Wii U. I don't approve of such nonsense. What about games exlcusive to the PS4? You can't get those by unilaterally declaring you'll just play games on your PC. If DRM is that much of a deciding factor in whether or not you buy something why are you turning to the PC? Are you just doing it on principle or because you actually care?

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 91 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7560 posts

Jun 9, 2013
PC has even worse DRM. Some even do invasive hard disk and memory scans.

Punkbuster (Crysis, Battlefield 3, EA DRM/Anticheat) even has a part where they explicitly state they reserve the right to scan your entire hard disk and all your files.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 91 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
PC has even worse DRM. Some even do invasive hard disk and memory scans.

Punkbuster (Crysis, Battlefield 3, EA DRM/Anticheat) even has a part where they explicitly state they reserve the right to scan your entire hard disk and all your files.

ehem *Skidrow* excuse me I sneazed.( wow doesn't works so well online lmao)

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 91 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 9, 2013

h4783101h wrote:

I loved all the exclusives, my fav are Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 10, Chrono Cross, Crash CTR, Uncharted series, God Of War, ICO, Shadow Of The Colossus, Dark Cloud, Metal Gear Solid, the List goes on and On. 

Except FFVII, FFVIII and some of the MGS titles aren't exclusives to Sony's platforms~.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 91 (231 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24762 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Okay, I'm going to be completely and brutally honest here people. Here's the long and short of it. You can decry digital rights management, you can say the corporations are meany greedy poopie heads, and you can take all the principled stands you want. The inescapable fact is that no matter how you try to convince yourself otherwise, the video game industry is a BUSINESS. You can say that you're building a PC, buying this console, that console, it doesn't matter one iota. EVERY company is out to make money. They don't exist for the betterment of the gaming community, they still want to make some green off of you. Whether it's Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, NVidea, who ever.

I know all those words during the credits to a game are meaningless to most, however they all represent the names of very real people who did very real work to put the game in your hands. Many of them worked long hours right up to, and well after the game's release, and despite the ideas to the contrary, they ALL deserve to be paid for their hard work. This is not "different because it's video games". And this isn't different because you like it. The sooner the gamer cognoscenti starts to understand this, the better off we'll all be.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 91 (219 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Amen Captain! Amen! I totally agree with your post. Because it is TRUE.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 91 (213 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Drop PlayStation and what esle am I left to game on?????
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 91 (211 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 9, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Okay, I'm going to be completely and brutally honest here people. Here's the long and short of it. You can decry digital rights management, you can say the corporations are meany greedy poopie heads, and you can take all the principled stands you want. The inescapable fact is that no matter how you try to convince yourself otherwise, the video game industry is a BUSINESS. You can say that you're building a PC, buying this console, that console, it doesn't matter one iota. EVERY company is out to make money. They don't exist for the betterment of the gaming community, they still want to make some green off of you. Whether it's Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, NVidea, who ever.

I know all those words during the credits to a game are meaningless to most, however they all represent the names of very real people who did very real work to put the game in your hands. Many of them worked long hours right up to, and well after the game's release, and despite the ideas to the contrary, they ALL deserve to be paid for their hard work. This is not "different because it's video games". And this isn't different because you like it. The sooner the gamer cognoscenti starts to understand this, the better off we'll all be.

Well said Captain. EA go back to Online passes.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 91 (206 Views)
0 Likes