Feb 16 2014
By: xXJunglejediXx First Son 5 posts

Is Online Multiplayer Chat on PS4 Offensive?

[ Edited ]
28 replies 2109 views Edited Feb 17, 2014

Hey all..

Just wanted to get your opinions on this. Lately I've noticed the community on PS4 is pretty bad. Specifically FIFA. I mean, almost every game I get in theres multiple smack-talkers. I mean, I had just recently bought FIFA. I'm not the best in any means, and I was playing this one, maybe 13 year old. He repeatedly claimed he was **bleep** my **bleep**, made racial slurs, and talked about how "ay man u kno how ur gf is saying i love you i love you over da fone? ya well rite now shes suckin ma **bleep**." It was awful. I've encountered about 3 people doing this, and it's beginning to get on my nerves.

It's all over Ustream, and many times I've just had to mute the game, or not even play at all. Anyone else notice this?

Edit: Changed Label from Games and Platforms to Feedback and Ideas

Edit: Change title to be more descriptive of the the topic. Also removed profanity & added body breaks. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 29 (2,109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: PS4 Bad Community?

Feb 16, 2014

And to make it worse, he won.

Message 2 of 29 (2,105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3280 posts

Feb 16, 2014

That is a norm for any online game, just have to mute them out or deal with the attention seekers.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 3 of 29 (2,101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Zeelot wrote:

That is a norm for any online game, just have to mute them out or deal with the attention seekers.

Exactly. 

What you experienced is far from an isolated incident nor one which is limited to the PS4. It happens on all games and platforms unfortunately. 

Message 4 of 29 (2,091 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

Yeah, I was just in a rage when I wrote that. The reason I'm stating it specifically at PS4 is because I have the Xbox 360, PS3, and I've had the Xbox since launch month and PS3 for a little over two years, and in the short time I've had the PS4 I've encountered more people like that than with the Xbox and PS3 combined.

Message 5 of 29 (2,088 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6351 posts

Feb 16, 2014

That's the best part of gaming. I just switched over from MS, been with them online the past two consoles and always ran into idiots on it as well. For the most part I haven't had any problems yet on the PS4. Probably since I don't play COD, that's probably plagued on every console out.

Message 6 of 29 (2,086 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2641 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Coincidence? I've played online on many systems like PS2, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, PS VITA.. The worst for me seemed to be from PS2 days or from PS3 when I was using the PlayStation Home app but such gaming behavior is pretty much everywhere. 

Message 7 of 29 (2,073 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

xXJunglejediXx wrote:

Hey all.. just wanted to get your opinions on this. Lately I've noticed the community on PS4 is pretty bad. Specifically FIFA. I mean, almost every game I get in theres multiple smack-talkers. I mean, I had just recently bought FIFA. I'm not the best in any means, and I was playing this one, maybe 13 year old. He repeatedly claimed he was "F*****g my b***h, made racial slurs, and talked about how "ay man u kno how ur gf is saying i love you i love you over da fone? ya well rite now shes suckin ma d**k." It was awful. I've encountered about 3 people doing this, and it's beginning to get on my nerves. It's all over Ustream, and many times I've just had to mute the game, or not even play at all. Anyone else notice this?

Welcome to the forums.

Wow....

I play a lot of Madden, and I can honestly can say I've never come across someone that spoke like that.

And there are some pretty die hard Madden players.

I'm not sure you can just say "bad PS4 community" without also adding "bad FIFA community."

Even then, I don't think you can label the community bad as a whole, just from a few bad seeds. I'm also surprised to hear  you never encountered those kind of gamers on 360/PS3 combined. I've come across plenty of people like this, especially on 360. Everybody had a mic, so it was more common than PS3.

I've been saying that the PS4 would be the 360 of next-gen. I have not meant it as a bad thing, though some could take it that way. A couple of reasons I said this, are because of how many people were planning to buy PS4 > XB1, which meant a more dedicated multiplayer community. Also, every PS4 would come with a mic -- meaning it would be more common to run into this type of gamer. So far, I've yet to come across this type of verbal abuse, but I haven't played CoD, BF, or any other game that is infamous for having this type of gamer, on my PS4 -- or, I just assume everyone is in a party chat now.

If you encounter any more people like that, report them by going here:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218/kw/complaint

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 8 of 29 (2,054 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29411 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Nothing brings out the a-holes than online gaming.

Message 9 of 29 (2,049 Views)
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

Yeah, like I said, I was just in a rage at the time of writing and wasn't really considering all the other factors. It's bad when you get beat, but even worse when the whole time you're being made fun of..lol. Guess I need to work on my FIFA skills so I can destroy the next kid like that!

Message 10 of 29 (2,037 Views)