First Son
3 posts

Re: Is NEAR working for you?

Feb 28, 2012

My near hasn't worked since the 23rd the day right after I got it. Also I noticed that purple bar, mine didn't go all the way around and then did as well it happened like yesterday that the bar did that. I know I'm connected to an internet I have the 3g version I try near 3-5 times a day and always get the error even though it looks like it's working. I tried rebuilding the system and when I did it said I had some corrupt files or something, but that still didn't fix it. I can't remember if I reset it or not but I think I might have. I tried multiple things with it. I guess I have to keep trying I will let everyone know if I find another way to fix this if I can.

(p.s. I also have wifi at home)

Message 11 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 28, 2012

Ok so I did restore the system I don't think I did that last time, but that blue bar that comes up around the near button is now gone. I was able to update it, but my location was set to private so I wasn't able to see anyone. I did take out my memory card make sure you turn it off before you take it out. After that to restore it I went to Settings > format > Restore PS vita system.

I did say yes to deactivating the system at the time I know it sucks to have to turn it on and watch that long preview of the vita features, but it seems like near is going to be working now.

Message 12 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Feb 29, 2012

I got my Vita on the 24th and Near worked until the 26th. It obtains my location and then tells me an error has occured. Nothing seems to work hopefully it gets fixed soon. At least the Mod explorer still works for me in ModNation

as far as I go as far as I know I've always got a place called Home across all seas it's fine by me cause I'll never be far from Home.

NFL app for ps3 http://goo.gl/eIDlX directs you to blog.share
Message 13 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 29, 2012

My Near has never worked. Every time I Update, it tries to connect forever then it won't obtain location. I'm using wifi, and everything in the PSN store works fine. It seems to be anything location related. Near won't obtain location, maps and photos also don't do anything in regards to location.

Message 14 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Restore your vita and near will work

Message 15 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 29, 2012

@kitt3nqu33n that is actually not true, I've restored and it didn't work for me.  I called Playstation support and they said it's a software issue with near that only seems to be impacting a few customers, but a restore won't fix it and they are working on an update that will hopefully correct the problem.  Part of the downtime for the Network tomorrow is for them to address issues with the near servers. 

Message 16 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Yep. I have already restored my vita and Near still can't obtain my location.

Message 17 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Yeah, it sucks that it's not just something a simple restore could fix, but at least Sony is aware there is a probelm and are working on it.  Hopefully when they are done with the maintainence tomorrow night there will be an update for near.  I got a first edition bundle and near worked fine for me until about 2:00pm on launch day, and hasn't worked since. 

Message 18 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 29, 2012

I think it may depend on your ISP/Network Setup. When I am at home with my Apple router that I setup myself I can obtain my location without issue and see people around me. However when I am on campus (college XD) I can play games online without any issue but cannot obtain location information. This makes some sense as I work in IT here an know that we do at the very least have some technologies in place for monitoring bandwidth. That or really anything else on campus could be causing the location to not work properly.

Message 19 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Feb 29, 2012

If you restore it will it contain past information? I have over 1000 miles of travel on mine but I hasn't been able to update in 4 days.

Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 20 of 33 (3 Views)
0 Likes