Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 04 2007
By: DannykUYA~ Sackboy 520 posts

Is MotorStorm Too Hard?

[ Edited ]
22 replies 484 views Edited Feb 25, 2014
I can't beat it or get past alot of races. I suck at my PS3 games:smileysad: Except for Resistance.

Edit: Added label & updated subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1321 posts

Re: Is MotorStorm too hard?

Jun 5, 2007
All I can tell you is keep trying and don't give up
_____________________________________________________________Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PSN- nick753

Message 2 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Jun 5, 2007
yeah its the same thing with me im really not good at this game but its alot of fun so i just keep playing it anyway hehe can't wait for thursday
Message 3 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Jun 5, 2007

If you're talking about online play, june 7th's update will even things out. If you're talking about single player, just keep trying until you win. It is meant to be difficult towards the end, and the better you do the more the AI will try to run you off the road. So if you're in first place the entire race, it's going to be tough. Try just keeping up with the pack until the final lap, after that be as aggressive as possible and hope for a little luck. I know the last buggy race at raingod mesa was the hardest for me, but persistence paid off.

Message 4 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2643 posts

Jun 5, 2007
It's funny, every once in a while, I feel the same way. I will try 8 or 10 times on one race, and just keep getting 5th, 6th, etc., and then eventually I will just "get it" and get 1st by like 10 seconds. All I can say is keep trying, you will get it!
"I like my coffee black just like my metal" - MSI
PSN ID: Spek
Message 5 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Jun 5, 2007
I found that on the later races (Level 4) , insted of trying to be in 1st the whole race, I would try to keep up with the pack(1-6?) and conserve my boost for the final stretch.  As long as you don't crash too much the catch-up feature will let you hang with the group.  Then on the last lap I would try to creep up to about 3rd and be heavy on the boost.  I do agree, the AI of the other racers is set to take you out, so be careful. 
Photobucket
Message 6 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3741 posts

Jun 5, 2007
This game is hard and frustrating if you don't figure out what it takes to win.. a lot of what's required to win in the latter tickets are:

your race line -don't swing too far out when doing turns, you lose a lot of ground and others can pass you while you are trying to get back 'on track'

your boost -conserve it and use it to get out of jams, a pile up, on straighaways, and to control your turns.. make them nice and tight to not lose ground to others

your vehicle choice -some are "bumpier" than others.. the last unlockable vehicle is not always the best, they may be faster but you sacrafice stability and control.

I find that if one particular vehicle or race line doesn't work for long, try to do something else.. don't keep trying the same thing more than 3-5 times, as certain vehicle, race lines just would never result in a win.

Message 7 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 5, 2007
I have found out the game( AI ) is a little easer after you play on-line for a while... hope this helps
Message 8 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 7, 2007
Hey, Have to say most races on levels 1-3 are nice and easy.. some take a few attempts.. but thats fine,
Anyone find the event called 'Brutalized' hard? Im on that one now and its seriously the most frustrating thing ever, you cant go for more than 10 seconds without being piled upon. You also have to use a buggy which makes it impossible to get out in front :/..  Its on the tenderizer track aswell

-Shadow

Message 9 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Jun 7, 2007
brutalized was one hell of a race to win. i only had 2nd place in it for the longest time. i had not gone into the level 4 tickets until i got gold on all the level 3's. i finally got it after a 2 hour marathon of tries. after that, the level 4 races seemed easy in comparison. the next hard race is rain god with buggies (i forget the race name). the whole pack of angry buggies eats you alive. best to sit back and conserve boost until the final strech for that one.

--
good luck!
l
--

--
Message 10 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes