Highlighted
Mar 29 2012
By: Firepowerr Hekseville Citizen 348 posts

Is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite worth getting to play on Vita?

8 replies 3337 views Edited Mar 29, 2012

I am new to the series and this would be my first game.

Would it be worth the 20 bucks for me to experience this on my PS Vita?

I have seen gameplay already, but I want your opinions. I am also slightly confused on how online play works. Do you need to be in the vacinity of the other players, or is it online?

Message 1 of 9 (3,337 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: Is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite worth getting to play on Vita?

Mar 29, 2012

I had MHFU on my PSPGo.  I definitely think it is worth getting.  I am playing it more on my Vita than I did on my PSPGo.  Not sure why.  Maybe it is because I feel like I can do more with the Vita than my PSPGo so I always have it with me?

I have never done online play with it but if you get it, let me know, maybe we can do some monster hunting.

Message 2 of 9 (3,337 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Mar 29, 2012

I have monster hunter freedom unite, I got it when i had my psp go (as well as hundreds of other psp games). It was one of my personal favorite psp games, however the only multiplayer is through ad-hoc (meaning not online, you have to be in the same room as each other, unless you use ad-hoc party on the ps3)

The game is long, and mostly has to do with hunting and gathering in missions to collect items, and then use those items to make better weapons and armor. Making better weapons and armor allows you to take on harder missions, getting you rarer items to make even better weapons and armor.

There is alot of weapons and armor to suit differant play styles, if this sounds like your kinda game, then yes I would highly recomend getting it.

Message 3 of 9 (3,337 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Mar 29, 2012

This game is a journey not an experience.  Some say this game has 1000 hrs plus gameplay. I believe it.  Once you have about 50-100 hrs of gameplay in it it will sink it's claws into you and you'll try to escape..but you can't LOL.  With dual analogs and a bigger screen it's just flat out amazing.  I play it more than all my Vita games.  You can play online through your ps3 with Adhoc party just ggogle it you'll find it.  I just play adhoc with my son. 

Message 4 of 9 (3,337 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Mar 29, 2012

Thanks for all the great replies from you guys! I think I will pick it up later today and look into the Ad Hoc Party thing for PS3!

And wrath17XD you were the one praising Disgaea in my other discussion which I appreciate, but I would love to try some Multiplayer once I look into using the PS3 for it.

Feel free to add me everyone on here interested to play or just chat about Disgaea.

EDIT: Just purchased the game due to getting the exact response I was looking for. Thanks guys, hope to see some of you in my PS Vita friends list.

Message 5 of 9 (3,337 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Mar 29, 2012

Firepowerr wrote:

Thanks for all the great replies from you guys! I think I will pick it up later today and look into the Ad Hoc Party thing for PS3!

And wrath17XD you were the one praising Disgaea in my other discussion which I appreciate, but I would love to try some Multiplayer once I look into using the PS3 for it.

Feel free to add me everyone on here interested to play or just chat about Disgaea.

EDIT: Just purchased the game due to getting the exact response I was looking for. Thanks guys, hope to see some of you in my PS Vita friends list.

after you get some time in MH, come back and post how it is, I want to try it as well, since I have never tried a MH game.

Photobucket

Message 6 of 9 (3,337 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Mar 29, 2012

my friend told me that the load times  between zones on the Vita were MUCH faster than on the PSP.

Can anyone verify this? Because that'd be great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 9 (3,337 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Mar 30, 2012

I would really like to try it out since it has so much content for a low price, I just want some more info, on what people think. I just bought splinter cell essentials for five bucks, but it is kinda cheesy, so I need a new game.

Message 8 of 9 (3,337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 23, 2015
What's your psn I have monster hunter mine is sausuno207
Message 9 of 9 (501 Views)
0 Likes