Mar 10 2012
By: MR_MINERALZ Splicer 94 posts

Is MLB12 The Show any good???

5 replies 26 views Edited Mar 10, 2012

I bought Fifa 12 thinking it would be a near perfect port of the console version = Face palm.

Anyway I don't want another horrible port of a sports game, so can anyone tell me if MLB12 The Show on the Vita is any good?

If you own Fifa 12 for Vita and console and you actually like the portable version, you must work for EA sports and therefore your opinion on this question has no merit with me.

OK THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (26 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Re: Is MLB12 The Show any good???

Mar 10, 2012

I don't own FIFA 12 for the Vita - mainly because I figure there will be another "improved" release later this year.

As far as MLB 12 goes - I haven't played MLB The Show since version 10.  I have only spent a brief amount of time with MLB 12 (Vita) and will not have time to play MLB 12 (PS3) until later today.  I haven't put in anywhere near enough time yet to tell you if it is a good game, which is subjective anyway.

I can say that I spent a couple of hrs last night messing around with the Home Run Derby mode - really just to mess around, partly to get better at hitting, and to pick up some of the HR Trophies.  If the commentary is indicative of the game, it will be beyond solid.  I never say any issues (wrong comments) - the announcer would talk about just missing one, being just short, providing a countdown of outs left, and asking the crowd to cheer when I was down to my last out.

The graphics were fine - much better than MLB for the PSP; forget what version I last played ... but it goes without saying that the graphics should be better.  I didn't notice any hiccups ... I didn't like the square ball shadow on the ground for fly balls, but I guess there has to be some way to track balls.

I'm sure that others that have actually played the game all week can chime in; I'm surprised there are not more reviews on Metacritic.  If no one else jumps in, I will bump the thread some over the weekend and post a few more comments.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (26 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Mar 10, 2012

One word, YES!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Mar 10, 2012

It absolutely is worth picking up. Graphics are pretty damn good, gameplay takes a little getting used to, but is fine once you do so. pick up the vita and ps3 versions together and save the $20...pretty good deal     

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Mar 10, 2012

id highly recommend it.. great game. online games. alot of different modes to play. requires practice to get good. graphics are pretty good. so far its my fav vita game that i own.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (26 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 10, 2012

I love it.  I am dissapointed that the Diamond Dynasty mode didn't make it to the Vita version though... maybe they will add it later?  One can hope at least.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (26 Views)
0 Likes