First Son
3 posts

Re: Is Call of Duty done for?

Jun 13, 2013

I'm a Call of duty fan and wanna drop it, but I'll still probably get it because most of my friends will, that'll be a reason lots of people will buy it I bet.

Message 21 of 28 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Techno-RageX wrote:

I'm a Call of duty fan and wanna drop it, but I'll still probably get it because most of my friends will, that'll be a reason lots of people will buy it I bet.

which is sad b/c this is why they put very little into each game b/c they know those who dont really want it will still get it b/c their friends do. The first release of COD games will look better and play better b/c of the new hardware on the PS4 but rest assured that as time and years go by these games will not improve much over what we see when they were first released on the PS4. They used the same dam game engine through out the entire PS3 span and its highly doubtful they will upgrade the engine for the PS3 game once the PS4 is out. They will stil make COD games for the PS3 once the PS4 is out for a few yrs b/c its just more money for them but I'll guarantee you the game wont actually be any better.

Message 22 of 28 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jun 13, 2013
I have committed to REFUSING to buy another COD game. I haven't touched COD since The first Black Ops. Pretty much the same thing every **bleep** year. No to mention the multiplayer takes no brains or strategy to be a insane pro. Every COD game i played, i noticed about 70% of the people play about the same way. So i took that into context and used it against them. And that is why i have at least 2.80 K/d ratio on every COD game i have played. It just got boring after a while.. going like 60 kills 20 deaths on domination.
 photo BBSIGANIMATED_zpsbd119225.gif
Message 23 of 28 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
270 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

BF3 Stats
Message 24 of 28 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
944 posts

Jun 13, 2013

In my opinion: Battlefield>Call of Duty

Message 25 of 28 (75 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6113 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Hah, I work the system, I buy the newest COD game used at Gamestop to play the single player portion as soon as possible.

Why?

Because Gamestop has a horrible return policy I exploit. "If you don't like the game, you can return it within 7 days of purchase for another game".

I do it everytime Smiley Tongue!

And get two games literally for the price of one Smiley Tongue!

(Aka, I beat the COD game within 2 days, return it to Gamestop and say I didn't like it and get another game - stupid Gamestop. I don't support Gamestop's retail practices so I have no problem exploiting them whenever I can.)

Message 26 of 28 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Call of Duty will need to change their business model for the Next-Gen. Games like Call of Duty and Battlefield may not sell well on the PS4 system due to these Free 2 Play games that are also coming out such as Planetside and Blacklight. These games will not need Playstation Plus to game online allowing for the upper hand. This does not mean people wont want to play to play Call of Duty but people may not be willing to pay for a product at a premium price when there are similar products that can do the same thing and more for little to no cost depending on your level of play.  I think games like Call of Duty and Battlefield will need to look into things like a separate clients for the different styles of gameplay such as multiplayer only or zombie mode only or even a client for the single player campaign.

Message 27 of 28 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 13, 2013
As the saying in COD goes SSDD.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 28 of 28 (38 Views)