Splicer
44 posts

Re: Is battlefield 4 really worth the money?

Jan 22, 2014
Total agree with JermVVarfare, I'm so tired of grenades not exploding after I die. I play a lot of TDM and other small map game modes, so few players have mics and it's easier to do my own thing on the smaller maps. The problem with spawns on the smaller maps is that players don't understand spawn control, or they just don't care ?
Message 21 of 33 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 22, 2014

x_GHOST_ZERO_x wrote:
Total agree with JermVVarfare, I'm so tired of grenades not exploding after I die.
I play a lot of TDM and other small map game modes, so few players have mics and it's easier to do my own thing on the smaller maps. The problem with spawns on the smaller maps is that players don't understand spawn control, or they just don't care ?

What platform do you play on?  If you are on the PS4, everyone has a mic, they probably jusy choose not to use it, or are in a party with others.  I squad up with friends, and we coordinate that way. Often, we carry the team in objective-based gametype that way.

As for the grenade thing, that bugs me a lot, but, bear in mind that the grenade's pin must be pulled before it can go off.  Grenades I've thrown have exploded post-mortem, but not every grenade intended to be thrown has.  I do think reducing the pin pull time is in order, though.

To answer the OP, BF4 is definitely worth the money, especially now that it is more or less fixed. Smiley Happy

Killzone is also great for MP skirmishes.  Love them both.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 22 of 33 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jan 22, 2014
Well I watch the grenade fly from my characters hand in the direction I intended it to go, so I assume my character has pulled the pin. I know everyone got the earbud mic with PS4, guess they're like me and choose not to use the trash. I purchased the Turtle Beach PX4, mic works fine sound is great and 90% wireless. Don't get me wrong I love the game, but, I can't find any decent players to squad with because no one talks. Yes, I'm on PS4.
Message 23 of 33 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56227 posts

Jan 22, 2014

x_GHOST_ZERO_x wrote:
Well I watch the grenade fly from my characters hand in the direction I intended it to go, so I assume my character has pulled the pin. I know everyone got the earbud mic with PS4, guess they're like me and choose not to use the trash. I purchased the Turtle Beach PX4, mic works fine sound is great and 90% wireless. Don't get me wrong I love the game, but, I can't find any decent players to squad with because no one talks. Yes, I'm on PS4.

This happens to me all the time, if I toss a grenade and die before it explodes it will not explode.  I think they might have done this intentionally.

As far as people talking I play with people who talk all the time but I deploy and join the "BHD BF4 Party Chat" so there are usually clanmates on there chatting away about whichever server we are in.

Message 24 of 33 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jan 22, 2014
Yeah, I was talking about grenades that were clearly thrown and landed at the feet of a guy who I had just dumped half a mag into before dying.

Funny thing...

I've been playing a lot more Conquest lately and the grenade thing doesn't seem to happen as much (though it still happens). Now what I notice more is missiles magically going straight through vehicles if you die before they hit home.

Just FYI- Conquest also seems to be running much smoother lately as well. At least for me.
 photo jermwarfare.png
Message 25 of 33 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jan 22, 2014

I bought BF4, tryed it for a week, and exchanged it for killzone shadow fall. BF4 sucked horribly.

I can say that i am enjoying killzone much more.

~ Accepting all friend requests ~

PSN: "RSJohn7293"
Message 26 of 33 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Finally put BF4 in my PS3 last night.

I owned it since Nov/Oct but never unwrapped it as I was in the beta and it was a gong show for real, probably the worst beta I ever been in.

Some of my PSn friends been playing it a lot and asked me to join them so I broke down and opened the game.

Turns out the game plays very well, had no connection issues, games seem to load faster then they do in BF3, and you can spawn faster too.

I kinda like that they dont make me grind for 20hrs to unlock a scope of foregrip, I was able to actually go positive my very first round!

Where as on Bf3 it took me a long time to even get my first kill.

My biggest fear before was that BF4 would be too much like BF3, but now my favorite thing about it is how much it feels like BF3.

The thing is I did not pay for BF4, I would not pay $60 for a multiplatform game like this.

Once its down to $30 or less I say its worth it, but I have high standards and odd tastes.

I also do not buy DLC for these types of games and would never get premium or a season pass.

Anyways I was surprised how much fun I had last night, the levels are huge but I could only find 3 different levels?

How to you search for levels if you dont know what they called?

cheers.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 27 of 33 (131 Views)
Platinum
56227 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Philly I saw you playing last night and tried to invite you to my BF4 party but you were on the PS3.  Darn It!

Message 28 of 33 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 27, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Philly I saw you playing last night and tried to invite you to my BF4 party but you were on the PS3.  Darn It!

You can watch me from PS4?!?!?!?

If I had known I woulda covered up a bit, Pervert!

But I cant see anyone playing PS4 on my friends list, I thought they couldnt see me either?

Our friendship has become fairly one sided.......

Hey playing any SOCOM or MAG tonight to say goodbye?

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 29 of 33 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56227 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

You can watch me from PS4?!?!?!?

If I had known I woulda covered up a bit, Pervert!

But I cant see anyone playing PS4 on my friends list, I thought they couldnt see me either?

Our friendship has become fairly one sided.......

Hey playing any SOCOM or MAG tonight to say goodbye?

I hit mag up for one laggy game Smiley Tongue

And yes, I can see people on the vita/ps3 and what they are playing but for some reason those on the ps3 can't see me.

Message 30 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes