Splicer
47 posts

Re: Is battlefield 4 really worth the money?

Dec 29, 2013
Nope I bought it on launch and its the most glitch and buggy game I've played. It corrupts your campaign data a lot and the game crashes. Get Assassins Creed 4its the best game to get on PS4. Or get Killzone its the best shooter on PS4.
Message 11 of 33 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6112 posts

Dec 30, 2013

bountyhunter_123 wrote:
Nope I bought it on launch and its the most glitch and buggy game I've played. It corrupts your campaign data a lot and the game crashes. Get Assassins Creed 4its the best game to get on PS4. Or get Killzone its the best shooter on PS4.

This is why you can't listen to people. He bought it at launch, has an hour and a half playing time, which I'd assume was at launch and then says its the most glitch and buggy game he's ever played. All personal opinion in which this persons is garbage. Assassins Creed, the best game on the PS4? Hardly. Killzone, the best shooter on the PS4? Not even close. Granted the graphics are great in the campaign, the multiplayer is trash and has no lasting appeal.

Message 12 of 33 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Dec 30, 2013

bountyhunter_123 wrote:

Yeah.... you almost had me going until i played it. that was a good one. Lets just say im glad its free..... because it sucks camel sack.

All PS4 information from Sony available here:

PS4 FAQ
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Everything you need to know about the PS4
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5102/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzA2MDMzMy9zaWQvR1hqc3RRSGw%3D
Message 13 of 33 (278 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Dec 30, 2013
Yeah killzone being the best shooter for ps4? No. No way. Lol. The campaign is OKAY but the multiplayer is very boring.
Message 14 of 33 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Dec 30, 2013

I've only played some 10 matches on KZ and I've enjoyed them.  Have about 10 hrs in BF4 on PS4 (waited several weeks to see if they patched the buggy bits...not so much) and it's been halfway enjoyable and almost all frustration.  Lag, rubberbanding, 1-hit kills, hit markers not showing up, hits not counting (3 hits from a 25 damage weapon does around 30 pts total point blank?).  Haven't tried the large scale stuff since I've heard enough issues on dropping framerate that I'd thought I'd save my eyes.  

OP, get it if you want, but be prepared for an experience between good and horrible.  It's all over the map.  They even have some Premium event right now, and as soon as I went to Battlelog I see a warning about connectivity issues.  You can't win for losing.  Plus, DICE is not in any sense responsive to customer ccmplaints or feedback of any sort, and they do not communicate with the community at all.

Message 15 of 33 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Dec 30, 2013

Badger3k wrote:

I've only played some 10 matches on KZ and I've enjoyed them.  Have about 10 hrs in BF4 on PS4 (waited several weeks to see if they patched the buggy bits...not so much) and it's been halfway enjoyable and almost all frustration.  Lag, rubberbanding, 1-hit kills, hit markers not showing up, hits not counting (3 hits from a 25 damage weapon does around 30 pts total point blank?).  Haven't tried the large scale stuff since I've heard enough issues on dropping framerate that I'd thought I'd save my eyes.  

OP, get it if you want, but be prepared for an experience between good and horrible.  It's all over the map.  They even have some Premium event right now, and as soon as I went to Battlelog I see a warning about connectivity issues.  You can't win for losing.  Plus, DICE is not in any sense responsive to customer ccmplaints or feedback of any sort, and they do not communicate with the community at all.

Wow those are some serious allegations about bf4.  I was thinking about going and picking it up but with that said i may just wait for Destiny to come out.  I am glad to get a good honest opinion about that game, I had a post and got a few good replies but not so much detail.

It is true about KZ, single player is ok and multiplayer is not all that fun.  I have not played it too much, really since a few weeks after launch but that is because I was not having fun while playing it.   Make your own choice based on reviews from several sites and the forums and also by the kind of game you are looking to get.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 16 of 33 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2013
Well, again I've had virtually no lag or "rubber banding" or any of those other issues mentioned, outside of Coquest. Even in Conquest it's not anywhere near every game.

But I only have about 120 hours in so...
 photo jermwarfare.png
Message 17 of 33 (250 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6112 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2013

Badger3k wrote:

What are you talking about? PSN is having problems all together right now. As for DICE not listening to customers feedback, **bleep** (lol, you can't even use g t f o together without a censor). That's all they do. Have you ever played a single BF title throughout its lifespan? All DICE does is constantly patch things nerf or buff weapons based on feedback. Half the time they even go back and undo nerfs and buffs because people still **bleep** about things. They are actually one of the few developers who do listen to feedback and complaints. As I said in my first post in this thread it's all a matter of someones opinion. I've got well over 100 hours played on this very game on the PS4 playing Conqest with the max people and don't have any problems. Once in a while you get into a match with rubber banding or lag if you will. Framerate drops are very limited if they do happen. Most of the time when one does happen it's when a massive building or something is collapsing but even then it's not often that it occurs. To me this is one of the better BF in a while which is why for the first time I even bought Premium for it.

Message 18 of 33 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Dec 30, 2013

i personally think bf4 sucks.  it just feels like an extension of bf3...more of the same.  the campaign is just plain dull.  the gamplay is linear and too scripted.  the story was dumb.  it feels like they just threw together a campaign when all they really cared about was multiplayer.  and even the multiplayer is just more of the same as bf3 but with worse maps.  i feel like battlefield is going down the same path as call of duty.  the only real upside is that the ps4 version is 60fps.

as far as multiplayer reliability...i havent had many problems like some people are reporting.  for the most part im able to connect and play matches fine.  maybe the problems are only in certain areas or people have bad connections.  or maybe i just dont play multiplayer enough to expose these problems.  all i know is i rarely have issues connecting.

in my opinion if you still like bf3 multiplayer and multiplayer is all you care about you probably wont regret buying bf4 but if you value the campaign then bf4 is a waste of money...in my opinion of course

Message 19 of 33 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
249 posts

Dec 30, 2013

Campaign was just your average shooter story line. Nothing special and you've seen it all before except it looks prettier now. Online is very good for the most part. The maps are huge and there are a lot of people on at once so they are full of action. I have had some rubber banding, lag, and other misc glitches but nothing so bad it made me want to stop playing. The most important thing is to pick a low ping server yourself. Don't let the game auto pick it. I've played only Conquest so I may have experienced more issues than others but again it has been enjoyable enough for me to work up to lvl 51 so far and I'm not even very good at it. Haven't played in at least a couple of weeks though because I got caught up in AC4 and wanted to play through that. AC4 is a very good game. Highly recommend it.

Message 20 of 33 (232 Views)
0 Likes