Dec 29 2014
By: tigres7882 Splicer 79 posts
Accepted Solution

Is Battlefield 4 really worth the money?

[ Edited ]
32 replies 561 views Edited Feb 24, 2014

I'm planning on buying the game for PS4, but before I do, I'd like to hear any suggestion before making the purchase. I'm trying to get an experience from both the single player campaign, and the online multilayer. I heard that the online mode had a lot of bugs and glitches, so that is my main concern. Also, is the campaign story good? 

Edit: Added label. Fore more information on labels, please see this post: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 33 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4172 posts

Re: Is battlefield 4 really worth the money?

Dec 29, 2013
Bug, glitches, yes. Worth it? Also yes.
All PS4 information from Sony available here:

PS4 FAQ
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Everything you need to know about the PS4
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5102/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzA2MDMzMy9zaWQvR1hqc3RRSGw%3D
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 33 (554 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2013

I haven't played much of the campaign since I kept getting corrupt saves at launch, but from what I've played it's not bad. Also I believe that issue has been fixed. As for the multiplayer, that's what makes the game. It's great on the PS4. I don't have any problems with it. Sure others will say different, but I've got over 100 hours played (not bragging either) and haven't had any problems. The first week or so yea there were problems but I'm not having any now. I mainly play Conquest with 64 people and on occasion I see some slight rubber banding but it's been around as long as the game has been around on any console.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 33 (551 Views)
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2013
I've only recently started playing Conquest. It runs good for the most part... I'd say I crashed out or lagged so bad I had to quit about one game out of five. That has also been since Christmas and the system (PSN) has seemed taxed pretty hard all around.

Even if you ignore Conquest (in which case everything has ran smooth as butter for me since launch) it's an amazing game and the best shooter out right now IMO (console anyway I don't know about PC).

My biggest a complaints are...

Some of the spawning... Not choosing to spawn at the wrong time/place that many can't seem to figure out. But spawning and a few seconds later enemies spawning behind you etc.

... And my grenades not going off after I die. :smileysad:
 photo jermwarfare.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 33 (541 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Dec 29, 2013
I just got it for PlayStation 3 new from GameStop for $39.99 on sale. Comes with the $10 PlayStation 4 upgrade. I like the game, I haven't played the campain yet but the multiplayer is fun. Take's time ranking up and getting the unlocks you want.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 33 (516 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4314 posts

Dec 29, 2013
1322893137551.gif
tigres7882 wrote:

I'm planning on buying the game for PS4, but before I do, I'd like to hear any suggestion before making the purchase. I'm trying to get an experience from both the single player campaign, and the online multilayer. I heard that the online mode had a lot of bugs and glitches, so that is my main concern. Also, is the campaign story good? 

The maps are way bigger in that game I was told in best buy buy the gameing guy. It compares to gta 5 in map size. I say go for it. Who cares if some glitch. I am getting mine soon. Call of duty maps are to small.

sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 33 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Dec 29, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:
1322893137551.gif
tigres7882 wrote:

The maps are way bigger in that game I was told in best buy buy the gameing guy. It compares to gta 5 in map size. I say go for it. Who cares if some glitch. I am getting mine soon. Call of duty maps are to small.

LOL the gif

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 33 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Dec 29, 2013

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll go for it. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 33 (501 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

Dec 29, 2013
Well I just upgraded it for $10. So hope its worth it
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 33 (494 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 29, 2013

The story mode is fun but short so play it on hard.

Three different endings available but...

Spoiler
Not much difference and I feel like it ended right when things were getting interesting.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 33 (458 Views)
0 Likes