Dec 14 2010
By: VoltActionSniper First Son 2 posts

Internet Bullying!? it's real.

8 replies 15 views Edited Dec 14, 2010

Welp, I play COD Black Ops like a lot of people do I'm sure. When I saw a special on internet bullying I laughed. Not at the actual suicides, or the terrible thinks that those people were driven too. But at the notion of people being so...mean?

Well Yesterday I ran into a clan while playing Team Tactical. I was with my own clan, and we won. Everyone wins, were not special, or particularly good for that matter. However, the other clan didn't see it that way. they took it upon themselves to call me several words, and use sophisticated phrases like "I'm going to **bleep** your mother"

Then we played another game, and won yet again, thats when things go into the truly extreme. They looked me up on the internet and managed to find my facebook account. They proceeded to call my girlfriend fat, and ugly. But had no reservations about having sex with her, because they said they would do that too. Me and my clan understood that it's a game, and promptly left the team tactical room. Then, I started seeing messeges trickle into my mailbox saying about the same thing, my girl friend, and sister are aparently still hideous, and waiting to have sex with them. Then they took it upon themselves to "photoshop" one the pictures I have on facebook. So instead of me posing in my girlfriends boots (a joke they didn't get) It's now a picture of me getting "sucked off" by another man.

Yes. I have the messeges in my inbox (even the attachments). Yes I've filed a complaint form. Yes. this really happend.

My question is thus: what else can be done? I'm highly insulted, and to be perfectly honest, I want more then just a complaint form. I'm fairly certain what they did is a crimnal offense, and am curious to the legal aspect of this. Furthermore, any comments on what these people did? I've been playing COD for years, and am curious to know if this kind of thing has happened to anyone else?  

Message 1 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39396 posts

Re: Internet Bullying!? it's real.

Dec 14, 2010
It really sucks that there are people like this out there & some of the things they do are out of order.

Having said that you have done pretty much all you can do by reporting & then blocking them, I would also change the settings on your Facebook account (easily done now), at least for a while anyway to restrict access to anyone outside of people you know.

Lastly at the first sign of any trouble I would try to avoid any confrontation in future in any online situation.
CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8179 posts

Dec 14, 2010

I find the Playstation Forums and the General Community a very friendly place, however there's always that certain minority that loves to be complete idiots.

Sorry to see that you are being disturbed by them, but you can help clean up and take out the trash by reporting the message to Sony. Harassment/Griefing is a bannable offense on PSN.

Also, you may want to retain those photographs and messages and contact the police or legal help if you are very worried.

Message 3 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Dec 14, 2010

Sounds like you maybe have cyber stalkers on your hands, which is a crime btw. I'd save everything those losers are sending you as evidence.

Message 4 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 14, 2010

Contact the police, harrasment via Internet and other forms of technology is against the law and is considered harrasment. Warnings can and will be issued to those involved, further harrasment after a warning results in an arrest.

So yes, report them to Sony, as well as call the police and explain to them the situation. They have threatened you and people close to you, do not take threats even over the internet lightly. There are some pretty crazy people out there, that do crazy things over video games.

Call the police ASAP.

Message 5 of 9 (15 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Dec 14, 2010
Message 6 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 14, 2010

I disagree with the infantile fan base comment, perhaps always playing with a group of gamers I know aren't infantile makes me slightly bias. There are a bunch of knuckleheads though, and meeting cool people is pretty damn hard I'll agree. I will be buying Socom 4 when it comes out, the socom community is always a lot more serious/friendly. The ability to create your own room, and name it accordingly is also quite awesome. It helps you find people who are...your style. Just look for the cool room name! xD

I will be contacting local law enforcement, and an attorney who happens to be in my clan, I don't want any of there threats to come true.

Message 7 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 29, 2011

Hey i was wondering about stalking there is people using fake names of my ID targetting my friends and my family what do i do.. SONY won't step up after countless grief reports i've done becasue of these no life. Someone help.

Message 8 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Aug 29, 2011

Gather details like usernames and times when they harass you. Then call or visit the local law enforcement. The police will then pursue the matter with Sony and the internet service providers of the harassers.

Message 9 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes