Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 07 2012
By: kaltenburger First Son 1 posts

Internet Browser

10 replies 19 views Edited Mar 7, 2012

Every time i turn my browser on now it asks to run plug in,  which it did not before.  Then if i want to watch video or live webcasts of anything it doesnt even play even after i say yes to run plug in?

Message 1 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4692 posts

Re: Internet Browser

Mar 8, 2012

It will depend on the video format.  Not everything is compatible with the PS3 browser; it's not that great.  It's probably better to expect things not to work and just be happy when they do .

Message 2 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Mar 9, 2012

How do I fix youtube quality all the video on there are pixelated compared to my PC and my mobile phone even my ipod is clearer on youtube

Message 3 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Mar 9, 2012

you can't,not until sony gets a real web browser that supports real flash anyways,and that probably will never happen or it would have already.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 4 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 9, 2012

That's not the issue. The browser played many many diff types of formats before the update. Then suddenly its almost impossible to get it to play the number of streams it used to play.

Sony included an upgrade that let it play a certain type of stream that they or one of their clients will be using and while they were at it they throttled down the ability of the browser to play other formats. its just like when they included a patch to fix the chat issues many years ago and at the same time stopped the ps3 from allowing an independent operating system without telling people.

Sony does this to ensure a better chance of their content "not" being ignored. A full media system? They lied!

Sony worries and kisses our asses when they lose money but they don't care when we are locked in to a purchase!

This crap is why Apple is running away with everything. Fracking foreign companys coming her just using us as a mass market money maker!

You'd better remove this whole post Sony because its not going to go away. Ill make it my personnel time to ensure this topic is at the top as long as it stays open.

Liars!

Message 5 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4692 posts

Mar 9, 2012

They told people about Other OS.  In fact, you couldn't even use PSN without reading about it and accepting their terms.  I don't use the browser enough to know if they've removed any functionality.  No one has pointed out to me a website that used to work and now does not (aside from websites that changed their format/version, which the PS3 browser almost never updates).  All I know is it works the same as ever for what I've used it for.

Message 6 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Mar 9, 2012

But the iPod, iPad and any of Apple Products don't support Flash either

Message 7 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Mar 10, 2012

TapDatAsz wrote:

That's not the issue. The browser played many many diff types of formats before the update. Then suddenly its almost impossible to get it to play the number of streams it used to play.

Sony included an upgrade that let it play a certain type of stream that they or one of their clients will be using and while they were at it they throttled down the ability of the browser to play other formats. its just like when they included a patch to fix the chat issues many years ago and at the same time stopped the ps3 from allowing an independent operating system without telling people.

Sony does this to ensure a better chance of their content "not" being ignored. A full media system? They lied!

Sony worries and kisses our ***** when they lose money but they don't care when we are locked in to a purchase!

This crap is why Apple is running away with everything. Fracking foreign companys coming her just using us as a mass market money maker!

You'd better remove this whole post Sony because its not going to go away. Ill make it my personnel time to ensure this topic is at the top as long as it stays open.

Liars!

Do you really believe the stuff that comes out from your mind?

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 8 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 10, 2012

I, for one, would like an answer about constantly having to enable the plug in before a web page will open. THAT is very annoying.

I tried going into the settings and finding a way to enable the flash plug in as the default, but no luck.

And it didn't do that before the update.  That has actually stopped me from even using the browser. Can you fix this, Sony?

Marvin

Message 9 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Mar 10, 2012

marvinh65 wrote:

I, for one, would like an answer about constantly having to enable the plug in before a web page will open. THAT is very annoying.

I tried going into the settings and finding a way to enable the flash plug in as the default, but no luck.

And it didn't do that before the update.  That has actually stopped me from even using the browser. Can you fix this, Sony?

Marvin

It's done that for four years for me.

Message 10 of 11 (19 Views)
0 Likes