Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Initial Thoughts on PSM?

Oct 17, 2012

Maybe im old fashion , but I like it when THEY remake classic with hd graphics. That excites me to watch release dates and reserve copy.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (505 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 21, 2012
In my opinion, The Vita is all about mobile gaming and they need this new line of games to succeed. I love my iPhone, and love I can play fun games on the go for less than a dollar or two. I love my Vita as well, but there is not enough 'budget' gaming for the device. I certainly see the new Mobile line of games being a good direction to go if done right. Heck, alot of Mini's could probably be reworked and re released under the new Mobile platform. Again just my opinion here :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (486 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4970 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

I hope we could get infinity blade onto psm, that would be really awesome!

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Nov 2, 2012
I think what we have so far is sort of an open beta. Once the dev kit is fully released in November we'll probably see more content each week.

For me the service right now stands between heaven and hell. The prices aren't as low as the Play store to lure impulse buyers and the lack of trophy support is doing nothing to attract the hardcore crowd to the service.

SCEA should really start contacting high profile devs like Capcom, who are notorious to have a large variety of iOS games while ignoring Android, to port their games to PSM. This way, devs can enforce some reasonable DRM on their products (PSM) while Android users get exclusives that would otherwise not be available in the platform.

Add trophy support and other features like cloud saves and Sony could have a new stellar service. But again, this makes too much sense, so it probably will never happen.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (428 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4970 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Jotamide wrote:
I think what we have so far is sort of an open beta. Once the dev kit is fully released in November we'll probably see more content each week.

For me the service right now stands between heaven and hell. The prices aren't as low as the Play store to lure impulse buyers and the lack of trophy support is doing nothing to attract the hardcore crowd to the service.

SCEA should really start contacting high profile devs like Capcom, who are notorious to have a large variety of iOS games while ignoring Android, to port their games to PSM. This way, devs can enforce some reasonable DRM on their products (PSM) while Android users get exclusives that would otherwise not be available in the platform.

Add trophy support and other features like cloud saves and Sony could have a new stellar service. But again, this makes too much sense, so it probably will never happen.

I see a bright future for PSM if done right.

Needs Trophy Support..this will reel in alot more gamers in!

IOS devs would love it with the addition of touch screen and physical buttons, it will bring much more broader and deeper games.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I love the idea behind it. I would enjoy seeing more mobile games available on the vita through it. Great idea, I've played a few of the free games, and they were great. Thanks!

[Forsaken Crown]
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Know what would make PSM actually worth it? If Sony hadn't pulled PSOne classics from tablets. What benefit does PSM provide me at this point? The library is small, the functionality isn't stellar, and pretty much any game found on PSM will end up in the Google Play store for cheaper.

Sony really dropped the ball, and I'm sure they have their reasons (like trying to give people a reason to buy the Vita), but it seems like they keep making one terrible decision after another when it comes to the mobile gaming market. You've got people who are willing to throw their money at you, in order to play PSOne games on their phone or tablet, and instead you'd rather release hardware failure, after hardware failure, in order to stem off the devaluing of your brand.

At this point, I can't see PSM having any longevity, and it's a novelty at best. Get your head in the game, Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1365 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I think the big point that makes psm a guaranteed fail is the lack of effort to actually get it to people. You currently have to have a Sony phone to use it. I use Verizon so my only option for psm is the Xperia Play, out dated and not that great when it wasn't. If your audience barely exists then the time spent in development was wasted. New devs aren't going to make psm games that only work on a select few phones when they could make one for the android market playable on all phones.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Well it's all HTC phones if I remember correctly. Sony is third worldwide in marketshare as well. I think PSM had potential, it's just hard to see it here in the U.S. at the moment.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1365 posts

Mar 1, 2013
It isn't all htc devices. Only the One series phones. I use an htc droid dna and it isn't available. And Sony is 3rd worldwide but has little to no marketshare in the US. Until they get more devices on a carrier other than att they're screwed.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (56 Views)
0 Likes