Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: Im concerned about sony

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

I am glad to see Sony is doing better. Sony is my favorite electronics company! Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 66 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Re: Im concerned about Sony

Sep 13, 2013

*Sniffs* Yep Troll

Sony has made a few bad decisions over the years. They did take a hurt on PS3 sales in the e beginning profit wise. But Its all done. Thy found ways to make them for cheaper costs. So they make money on each unit they sold and still sell today. Saga made lots of bad decisions. Back in the day they were great but they went in areas no one knew would work. Saga add on CD, and CD 2 systems. Saga 32X system, Saga Saturn. No real great games for it. Dreamiest was good but they tried for on line stuff for its time just didn't work well and also. What killed Saga was all the piracy on there disk based game. There wasn't much to stop it out there. Poor game sales equals Saga hurting in the end. Where Sony Will have good game sales so this will only add more funds for Sony. Seeing how they stop Piracy as much as possible vs back in the day do a disk copy on a PC and boom instant game copy. Sega was also charging a good chunk of change for all there add ons. Not everyone could walk up and buy them.

Message 22 of 66 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Big difference there between how both companies sold there hardware and software.

Message 23 of 66 (165 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10911 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Don't forget, Sony has their hands in places where Microsoft and Nintendo dare not tread:

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE)

Columbia / Tristar Motion Picture Group

Sony Pictures Television

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

Message 24 of 66 (161 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Ever heard of Vita Tv?

Yeah Sony is gonna be just fine in a minute here.

Message 25 of 66 (159 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28843 posts

Sep 13, 2013

psfanatic98 wrote:

Im concerned about sony, i heard that they are in financial trouble and that they lose lots of money each year. I also heard that most of their electronics dont sell so well and that they're in debt. will sony go out of business soon, is it safe and a good idea to buy the ps4. should i get an xbox one instead just to be safe. my biggest fear is that i will buy the ps4 and then they will stop making consoles. this happened to me with the sega dreacast. im really concerned about this. what are you guy's thoughts?

You do realize they do other things besides video games, right?

Message 26 of 66 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Sep 14, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
Nice video, Grey.

Thanks.

I have money invested in Sony.... So I'd like to pay attention to how my $20k is being used. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 27 of 66 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Sep 14, 2013

TwinDad wrote:

psfanatic98 wrote:

Im concerned about sony, i heard that they are in financial trouble and that they lose lots of money each year. I also heard that most of their electronics dont sell so well and that they're in debt. will sony go out of business soon, is it safe and a good idea to buy the ps4. should i get an xbox one instead just to be safe. my biggest fear is that i will buy the ps4 and then they will stop making consoles. this happened to me with the sega dreacast. im really concerned about this. what are you guy's thoughts?

FInancial Trouble, yes. It's very safe to purchase a PS4. They are fine, don't worry, the worst case is that they branch off the playstation brand away from the other divisions of Sony. Which won't effect your PS4 in any way.

Thats NEVER going to happen if Sony continues the upswing they are in

Furiously Chaosing
Message 28 of 66 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Don't forget, Sony has their hands in places where Microsoft and Nintendo dare not tread:

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE)

Columbia / Tristar Motion Picture Group

Sony Pictures Television

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

Exactly, Skyfall.... which came out in 2008..... had a net profit of about $800million totalling $1billion if you include the $200million it cost to make the movie.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 29 of 66 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Sep 14, 2013

No Just No.....

Message 30 of 66 (107 Views)
0 Likes