Treasure Hunter
7364 posts

Re: Ignore the reviews.

Dec 16, 2015

I'll take a short, but fun immersive experience over a drawn out turd any day, and The Order: 1886 definitely sells you on that point.  Was it a let down realizing HOW short it was?  Of course, but with the way the plot and lore were introduced and how it ended, how could one NOT get the sense that this would be anything other than a new series?  I personally hope it gets picked up for one, because the created world by itself completely hooked me.

Message 61 of 68 (1,435 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 18, 2015
I absolutely loved what Ready at Dawn has done with The Order. It would be great to see a sequel with a few tweaks here and there.
I need the chance to kill Lord Hastings!! However, I have heard that RAD has parted ways with Sony.
Message 62 of 68 (1,421 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Dec 25, 2015

Yeah, my little sister just got it for me for Christmas. I like it so far!

It has a pretty dark atomosphere, and the whole premise of the game is cool so far.

Then again, for $20, this game is well worth it. Going to get Bloodborne next! Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 68 (1,390 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Jan 9, 2016

I felt a little bored a couple of days and decided to pop "The Order" in and give it another play through and boy, am I glad that I did! The last time I played it was last April (?) and I completely forgot what a gorgeous game it is. For me, it's by far the best looking game on the PS4. Plus, when you couple the amazing graphics with the engaging story, you end up with one heck of a game. "The Order" is probably the most underrated game of the 2015.

If you haven't played this game in a while, or never at all, then do yourself a favor and throw it in the PS4 and rediscover, or discover, just what a cool game it is.

Message 64 of 68 (1,355 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 19, 2016
I purchased this game when it first came out from PSN but never had the time to really get into it. My dad (for Christmas) got my son another PS 4 (since the consoles disk drive kept ejecting the disks) and because the warranty expired. So now I have the old one with "The Order",as well as "Thief" ( which I just finished, great game) on the HDD all to myself. Anyway just really glad I read all your reviews, because now I'm looking forward to playing it on my free time, and not feel obligated because I payed $60 for it. And of course my 9 year old son said "it's boring". Not enough run and gun. But I get the feeling it's more for adults anyway by all your comments. Thanks everyone.
Message 65 of 68 (1,322 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Feb 16, 2016

I agree. The game was great and very immersive w/ pretty good combat and cool weapons. When people say TO 1886 was short,... wasn't Tomb Raider(remake) for the PS 4 shorter? I thought it was. You never got off that small island. I remember thinking playing the game, is that it? We never go on to another place in this Tomb Raider? Don't get me wrong, I loved the new Tomb Raider. I just thought it was shorter than TO 1886. Personally, I feel great when I beat any game, anyway. Really, I feel better beating a game, than getting stuck or lost in a long game and never beating it.

Message 66 of 68 (1,240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Mar 4, 2016

Trust the REVIEW! for love of god TRUST IT lol...If you want stunning graphics go watch a pixar movie....this game is a glorified DLC with $60 price tag

Message 67 of 68 (1,199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2016

I don't like being that guy, but this is a definite "wait till it hits plus" game. If you want a game that: flew under the radar: has a narrative focus: was well received, go for Until Dawn. One of my favorite games of last year and caught me completely by surprise (and I consider myself within the gaming "it" crowd).

Message 68 of 68 (1,072 Views)
0 Likes