Splicer
44 posts

Re: Ignore the reviews.

Apr 29, 2015
Amazing game. This game is so finely crafted in every single area from visuals (best looking game I've played) to voice acting to story and atmosphere. People who don't like this game are obviously immature and can't appreciate a class and quality.
Message 41 of 68 (2,217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 29, 2015

Totally agree. Quality game. So cohesive. The story and action I think were well integrated and focused and kept the game moving forward. People complain its an interactive movie. Maybe. But I love a great movie and I love a great video game. It was just a cool, great way of getting both in a cohesive, focused package. I loved it, no problems with it at all.

Message 42 of 68 (2,210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

May 7, 2015
I picked it up earlier today and will play it after the kiddos go to sleep
Message 43 of 68 (2,164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 7, 2015

Hope you enjoy it. A grat ride.

Message 44 of 68 (2,160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 7, 2015

A great ride. I mean.

Message 45 of 68 (2,159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
599 posts

May 10, 2015

I'm still on the fence cause it's kinda hard to ignore the reviews which most times are negative.

I want to play the game, but think I'll wait some more for the price to drop.

From a collector's standpoint, the premium statue is awesome!

photo BATMAN-STARGAZER-110---500X150-PIXELS_zpszzhp1kzb.gif
Message 46 of 68 (2,133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2015

Everyone is entitled to thier own subjective opinion. that being said, I thank god I didn't ignore the reviews as this game was absolutely horrid. I wound up borrowing a copy from a freind so thankfully I didn't spend penny one on it. Just to name a few things that really stuck out to me:

1 - Way too short with nowhere near enough gameplay, clearly one of the most common complaints against this game and one I agree with 100%. this was more akin to a tech demo than a $60 retail game. 

2 - While the game has a good cover mechanic (very similar to Gears of War) in the few sections you actually get to play, the AI of the enemy was absolutely horrid. they just stood there like targeting dummies. 

3 - the whole premise of the game sounds really facinating, but its completely wasted on shallow, cliche characters and really bad writing and I really can't stress that last part enough. the writing was absolutely horrid. For example, when Gallahad goes to the docks with the rebel leader (Indian woman), he tells her "until I say otherwise, we will not hurt innocent men", yet just 5 minutes later your gunning down people left and right at the docks. Basically, your killing a bunch of people based on the unproven claims of the rebel leader, who was your enemy up to that point. Sorry, but that is as sloppy and shallow as writing gets. A far more believable scenario would have been to provide Gallahad with some sort of proof and then have a confrontation at the docks. Of course, that is just one example of many. I honestly feel like this game was written by a couple of 12 year olds with no writing expereince whatsoever. Dont get me wrong, I don't need the writing in games to be of nobel prize in literature quality to enjoy them, but I do expect a lot more that what 1886 gave us. Again, just low quality writing all the way around. And don't even get me started on the characters and just how cliche they were. You even had the "womanizing frech guy" thrown in there, lol. 

4 - the quick time events, sigh. I will come right out and say it, short of some crazy miraculous advance in qte technology and the way its implemented, quick time events should be banished from gaming, period. they are worthelss and boring and add absolutely nothing to gameplay. Everytime a quick time event showed up in this game, I literally cringed. 

5 - the variety of enemies was terrible. they were bland and nearly indistiguishable from one another. 

6 - the final boss fight was a joke. In fact, it was 100% recycled from a previous boss fight in the game. there are actually video's on Youtube that show the 2 scenes playing side by side and they are 100% identical. All they did was change the graphics. the final boss should be one of the highlights of the game and this company can't even be bothered to create anything for it except a new layer of graphics. Absurd and disgusting at the same time. Either they just completely ran out of money, in which case they should have raised more, or they just wanted to finish the game, regardless of the quality. this would easily make my top 3 worst final boss fights.

7 - the ending, lol. What can one even say about the ending. 

I will opnely admit that this game was absolutely stunning graphics wise. Unfortunately the setting was drab, bland, and even somewhat depressing. Not to mention, graphics are the least important aspect to a game, at least in my opinion. I value gameplay and quality story/writing FAR FAR above the graphic quality of the games I play. Its looks to me like this company blew thier entire load on graphics, which left very little for all of the other aspects of the game. 

I don't normally post on gaming forums, but I just had to give my 2 cents on this game. All in all, easily one of the worst games I have played in recent memory. the only thing I took away from this is my being thankful that I didn't spend any money on it.

Message 47 of 68 (2,117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7160 posts

May 21, 2015

I thought the game was quite fun. The gunplay was surprisingly fluid, and the story itself was interesting. Sure I would have liked it to be longer, but otherwise it was a great experience.

Message 48 of 68 (2,090 Views)
First Son
9 posts

May 25, 2015

To me it was interesting and had some fun action.  *** Spoiler Alert ***   I particularly liked the werewolf/vampire aspect of the story and how the establishment were actually the evil bad guys. Great twist. To me just a well constructed game that flowed very easily. The action was also fun... nice gadgets and weapons. Cool game.

Message 49 of 68 (2,075 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
853 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2015

I think it's a great game but I think it's a niche title, also.  Unless you are into werewolves, vampires, knights of the round table, victoria London settings and playing a game that kind of like Gears of War sans co-op with God of War-like QTEs, then you probably won't like it.  I think that is most of the mainstream gamer crowd, people just aren't into the setting and characters.  Maybe if it had co-op like Gears does, people might have liked it better,.

As it stands, I'd give the game a 9.  Some of the weapons enemies have (and the lycan segments) can cause frustration when you try to dodge them because the game's floor space is cluttered and small.

Message 50 of 68 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes