MVP Support
10873 posts

Re: Ignore the reviews.

Feb 26, 2015

youdrankmybeer wrote:

L0NG_SHOT_28 wrote:

This game is absolutely fantastic. I don't for the life of me understand why it has garnered so much criticism. The order wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel. It's visually stunning

but most importantly it is a solid game.

And as someone who writes for a small online magazine doing reviews, I can tell you this game deserves your attention borrow it rent it or support RAD and buy it. But don't sell yourself short.

go away shill.

im not paying $60 to watch your movie. ill wait until it hits netflix.

You'll be waiting a long time.

Message 31 of 68 (2,325 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2015

Emerald_Swords wrote:

youdrankmybeer wrote:

L0NG_SHOT_28 wrote:

This game is absolutely fantastic. I don't for the life of me understand why it has garnered so much criticism. The order wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel. It's visually stunning

but most importantly it is a solid game.

And as someone who writes for a small online magazine doing reviews, I can tell you this game deserves your attention borrow it rent it or support RAD and buy it. But don't sell yourself short.

go away shill.

im not paying $60 to watch your movie. ill wait until it hits netflix.

You'll be waiting a long time.

the movie was already uploaded to youtube before it hit theaters. im sure somebody will reupload it anyways

all those QTE's really kill the experience. a movie like this aint gonna sell much on a gaming console. anybody who was ever interested in this movie has already watched it.  give it a month or two before it hits the bargain bin. i'd say theyll be airing it free to ps plus members before the end of the summer.

Message 32 of 68 (2,318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Feb 26, 2015

I'd say do listen to the reviews. This game is way too flawed to pretend the negative reviews were completely wrong.

I just beat the game, and watched IGN's review after...they were spot-on by calling it boring. That's what I kept saying to myself during my ~8 hour playthrough.

For some reason I'm gonna play through again on Hard before trading it in for Bloodbourne.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 33 of 68 (2,288 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21484 posts

Feb 28, 2015
I believe in reviews only when reviews consistently say the same thing across the board. The order, im sure, is a good game. Visually appears to be next gen'ish while severly lacking in playability. I for one am looking to pick it up once its heavily discounted. $19.99 sounds good 2 me.
Message 34 of 68 (2,251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 2, 2015

I finished the game last night, thought it was incredible.

I know the game went Gold before it's release, and I know it's still selling really well...the only problem is if it doesn't sell enough, RAD may not make another.  I really hope they do, there's so much potential in this series.  I also think this game has cult potential, will eventually take off once people realize what it really is.

Message 35 of 68 (2,223 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5935 posts

Mar 2, 2015

Wife and I finally started playing it last night.  We got up to the point where The Order had their round table meeting before she had to get to bed (said I'd only play it while she was with me so she could watch.)

Both are loving it.  It's exactly what I thought it was going to be.  We are both fans of Beyond and Heavy Rain, so there are no surprises.  The gunplay is amazing.  Would be great if other sony first party devs utilized RaD engine, cause this game has the smoothest, most natural feeling animations I've seen.

Can't wait to get back into it tonight.

Message 36 of 68 (2,220 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Mar 2, 2015

circa__survive__ wrote:

I finished the game last night, thought it was incredible.

I know the game went Gold before it's release, and I know it's still selling really well...the only problem is if it doesn't sell enough, RAD may not make another.  I really hope they do, there's so much potential in this series.  I also think this game has cult potential, will eventually take off once people realize what it really is.

Just FYI all games "go Gold" before release. All that means is the game is finished, cleared certification, and is being manufactured. It's different than music industry terms. I agree though, I hope it moves enough copies to warrant a sequel. This game established a good base for RAD to expand. The engine is great, it looks beautiful, now that all that work is done, they can focus on getting the core experience and gameplay/story tweaks solid for a sequel.

Message 37 of 68 (2,215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 2, 2015
Wha!?!! People actually like this game? Great graphics on a flawed storyline is like a Lamborghini with a lawnmower engine. The developers have no respect to the buyers if they're gonna sell a product that is half done at full price. Honestly, its like me buying a Tell Tale season 1 game for 60 dollars. Seasons 2-5 will also be $60. The game is real short if you take out the fillers... Chapter 6 is nothing but button prompts and useless dialogue. Bottom line, this is a $20 game... at best.
Message 38 of 68 (2,208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Mar 2, 2015

I'm not quite sure why this game had garnered so many tepid reviews other than the reviewers must have been expecting something completely different than what they were given. They biased their reviews by clouding their judgements with ideas of what they thought the game should be, instead of taking the game in on its own merits.

I expected the game to be an interactive cinematic experience and that is exactly what I got. It is a beautifully crafted game with an intriguing storyline and engaging characters with which RaD can build upon (fingers crossed).  The game is not perfect by any stretch but it is pretty darn sweet and should be appreciated for what it is. I love this game and will continue to play it over and over again.

Message 39 of 68 (2,195 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Apr 17, 2015

Totally agree. This was a great game. I don't know what the reviewers were playing. This had a great story, great graphics goes without saying, and great action. I thought it was completely engrossing. To me it was a complete game. And I didn't think it was a short game. To me the Tomb Raider Remake was shorter with much less content. You really can't believe all the reviews. You just gotta make up your own mind. This was a great game, without a doubt. Loved it. 

Message 40 of 68 (2,038 Views)