Splicer
60 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems, post here and I will try

Aug 10, 2007

TGHHH wrote:

BLOODSCOURGE wrote:

TGHHH wrote:
hey blood i guess it makes sense that im getting kicked off of PlaySation Network during peak hours but why is my computer also losing internet connection?

also when i try to update my router it says Upgrade Failed Bad Header CRC...

and are you ok dude?

Yes I;m ok, thanks for asking.  Smiley Happy   What version of windows are you using?   You have to have TCP/IP installed... otherwise you won't have internet capabilities.  You might want to try uninstalling and re-installing it.  Go into your Add/Remove programs, Choose windows features on the left side, and then un-check TCP/IP, then reboot   Then, go back in and re-install it, reboot again.  Then try the update again.

Message Edited by TGHHH on 08-09-2007 02:16 PM

The response i've gotten from my fellow agents is to upgrade your routers firmware, or replace the router.    Ifthe update is going squirley, then try downloading it onto a wired PC, then installing the batch file.  If this doesnt work, replace the router.

thanks i tried installing the batch file directly to my gateway modem but like i said it says upgrade failed Bad Header CRC... anything to help me here?

also when i tried running the upgrade file it says "setup has detected that the tcp/ip protocol is not installed on this computer. please install the tcp/ip protocol....'' How do you do this???

well i got a gateway modem/router (westell versalink model 327w)... verizon is sending another one and maybe it begins working again ... but should i keep using a gateway modem/router  or should i use a modem and seperate router? 

Message Edited by TGHHH on 08-09-2007 05:42 PM

Message 81 of 177 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems,

Aug 10, 2007

Senor_Steve wrote:
Hey Blood I wonder if you can help. I have a 60gb PS3, and a D-link DGL 4300 gaming router. The router connects just fine to the PS3 wirelessly, I never get disconnected or anything, but I have NAT type 3, so I can't play most games online. I had the same problem with the Linksys WRT54G router that I had before. I've tried upgrading the routers firmware, and also I've tried downgrading it, because some people say that version 1.4 is better for the PS3, but didn't work. I've tried putting it in the DMZ, and taking it out, also turning UPnP on and off. I have all the correct ports forwarded too. Nothing gets me NAT type 2. Think you can help?

This is one of the few routers I have not touched.  You could just try disabling NAT all-together, and just running with the SPi firewall, which is still god stuff anyway.  It should e in the advanced section on your router.
Message 82 of 177 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Aug 10, 2007

illeagle wrote:
Hey I have this ongoing problem and I think I have found the problem, but not too sure. Well I have a LInksys Wrt54g and I'm using the wifi connection. All my applications work, PS store, PSN, Browsing and all. Even Resistance and Rainbow six work online. BUt my Madden 07 game doesn't seem to work online. It always says that the server is unavailable. Many people are having the same problem, and I think it may be my ISP. Since I have a cable internet connection, I think my ISP is blocking off specific ports from my modem, and therefore I won't be able to log on to the game. My NAT type is type 2 and I have good signal. THis problem is really bothering me and I wonder if there could be a way to fix it. I also have a static IP set up and did portforwarding, and set up DMZ to my ps3's IP address and to even more complicate the question I can play all non - EA games online, such as COD2 for PS2. Just yesterday I also tried to connect manually, but that didn't even work. I really believe that it was my ISP that is blocking off the ports I need to open.

Thanks a lot and I hope somebody can help

I think your last sentance nailed it on the head.  I would call your ISPs tech support, and speak to the highest level tech you can reach, and see if they can open the ports.  There are reports of some ISPs blocking ports due to known malicious activity.
Message 83 of 177 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Re: question

Aug 10, 2007

buckunit101 wrote:
 I have dlink gigabit router. under network settings in the ps3 should i leave the speed and duplex set to auto?  would it hurt anything to set it to 1000t full-duplex? And if i can set it to 1000thalf or full-duplex what should i set it

Leave it as auto.  Unless you know 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt all of your equipment is full duplex and gigabit... dont mess with it.  Otherwise you will have very slow, or no network traffic.
Message 84 of 177 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Aug 10, 2007

kasumakuma wrote:
you said PS3 and Wii so here we go. I have my 20 Gig PS3 hooked up to a Wireless G gaming adapter. I get disconnects on my PS3 only every so often usually if left inactive for too long. My Wii though has horible online capabilities, and I was wondering if it is just interference from the gaming adapter that is about 3ft away from it or if its online just sucks naturally.

(note to mods, not a Wii discusion. Just a question on interference and performance)

With your PS3, the linksys gaming adapter is it's own network bridge.  It has it's own wireless access point built into it.  Notice, Access Point... not wireless card.  APs send out a FAR stronger signal than wirless cards do... simply because they are powered and they can.  I'd reccomend, getting a Netgear powerline ethernet adapter and a 5 port switch.  This way you can hard wire the PS3 and your Wii through a single connection.    The power line extener plus into one of your routers ports, then directly into the wall.  The next box, plus into the wall, and has its ethernet cable hooked into the uplink port on the switch.  From there, plus ports 1 and 2 into your Wii/PS3.  All should be fine now.

Or you could just get a compatable range extender, that'll work too.  lol
Message 85 of 177 (31 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1427 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems

Aug 10, 2007
May be a stupid question.  Right now I hooked up wireless with a Belkin router (dsl).  When downloading, the files will pause for 30-45 seconds about every 3000kb.  While downloading, I usually get booted off the network.  When I hook up directly to the modem, everything works great.  Is it possible to just run a phone line to the playstation and buy another modem?  If so, what would be the downside?  If not, how could I fix it?  Thanks in advance.
Friends don't let friends say "noob", "pwnd", or "epic fail"
Message 86 of 177 (31 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

RE: If you have network or connection problems, post here.

Aug 10, 2007
My PS3 keeps logging me out and then back in over and over again until finally it logs out and doesn't log back in. This is over a wireless network my signal strength is about 70%. I have a Netgear Gateway Model DG834G v2.  There is one wireless laptop in the same room and I have a cordless telephone at 5.8 Ghz.
 Is there something I can do about this. 

Message Edited by Pharnok on 08-09-2007 09:52 PM
Message 87 of 177 (31 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

PSN signed out when playing any game.

Aug 10, 2007
I've been having quite an oddball problem with PSN sign-in and sign-out. I am using wired direct connection from PS3 to the broadband modem. As soon as I start playing a game (any game, including demos) the PS3 tells me "An error has occured PSN signed-out, error code 80028ED6" If I quit the game, I'll be immediately reconnected to PSN. This is really odd. Please offer any suggestions to this occurance.
Message 88 of 177 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems

Aug 10, 2007

cbone13 wrote:
May be a stupid question.  Right now I hooked up wireless with a Belkin router (dsl).  When downloading, the files will pause for 30-45 seconds about every 3000kb.  While downloading, I usually get booted off the network.  When I hook up directly to the modem, everything works great.  Is it possible to just run a phone line to the playstation and buy another modem?  If so, what would be the downside?  If not, how could I fix it?  Thanks in advance.

If you run a line, and buy a 2nd DSL modem, your ISP will charge you double for internet becuase you will have 2 live connections.  I personally have never liked Belkin routers.  I've never had one work well, and they are always kinda finky after they are setup.  I'd say go to a Netgear Rangemax or a Linksys Home N now for the money.
Message 89 of 177 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Re: PSN signed out when playing any game.

Aug 10, 2007

LKX wrote:
I've been having quite an oddball problem with PSN sign-in and sign-out. I am using wired direct connection from PS3 to the broadband modem. As soon as I start playing a game (any game, including demos) the PS3 tells me "An error has occured PSN signed-out, error code 80028ED6" If I quit the game, I'll be immediately reconnected to PSN. This is really odd. Please offer any suggestions to this occurance.

The real annoying thing is that Sony doesnt really elaborate on what the error codes mean.  Even a google search on that error code doesn't yield any results.  I'll try to research it more and I'll get back you on this one.
Message 90 of 177 (31 Views)
0 Likes