Splicer
60 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems, post here and I will try

Aug 9, 2007

TGHHH wrote:
hey blood i guess it makes sense that im getting kicked off of PlaySation Network during peak hours but why is my computer also losing internet connection?

also when i try to update my router it says Upgrade Failed Bad Header CRC...

and are you ok dude?

Message Edited by TGHHH on 08-09-2007 02:16 PM

The response i've gotten from my fellow agents is to upgrade your routers firmware, or replace the router.    Ifthe update is going squirley, then try downloading it onto a wired PC, then installing the batch file.  If this doesnt work, replace the router.
Message 71 of 177 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems

Aug 9, 2007
can u make your dsl connection faster?
Message 72 of 177 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems

Aug 9, 2007

rohulla1 wrote:
can u make your dsl connection faster?

By paying your ISP more money an upgrading your service to a higher package.
Message 73 of 177 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems,

Aug 9, 2007
can u tweak the connection?
Message 74 of 177 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems,

Aug 9, 2007
Hey Blood I wonder if you can help. I have a 60gb PS3, and a D-link DGL 4300 gaming router. The router connects just fine to the PS3 wirelessly, I never get disconnected or anything, but I have NAT type 3, so I can't play most games online. I had the same problem with the Linksys WRT54G router that I had before. I've tried upgrading the routers firmware, and also I've tried downgrading it, because some people say that version 1.4 is better for the PS3, but didn't work. I've tried putting it in the DMZ, and taking it out, also turning UPnP on and off. I have all the correct ports forwarded too. Nothing gets me NAT type 2. Think you can help?
Message 75 of 177 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Aug 9, 2007

BLOODSCOURGE wrote:

TGHHH wrote:
hey blood i guess it makes sense that im getting kicked off of PlaySation Network during peak hours but why is my computer also losing internet connection?

also when i try to update my router it says Upgrade Failed Bad Header CRC...

and are you ok dude?

Message Edited by TGHHH on 08-09-2007 02:16 PM

The response i've gotten from my fellow agents is to upgrade your routers firmware, or replace the router.    Ifthe update is going squirley, then try downloading it onto a wired PC, then installing the batch file.  If this doesnt work, replace the router.

thanks i tried installing the batch file directly to my gateway modem but like i said it says upgrade failed Bad Header CRC... anything to help me here?

also when i tried running the upgrade file it says "setup has detected that the tcp/ip protocol is not installed on this computer. please install the tcp/ip protocol....'' How do you do this???

well i got a gateway modem/router (westell versalink model 327w)... verizon is sending another one and maybe it begins working again ... but should i keep using a gateway modem/router  or should i use a modem and seperate router? 

Message Edited by TGHHH on 08-09-2007 05:42 PM
Message 76 of 177 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Aug 9, 2007
Hey I have this ongoing problem and I think I have found the problem, but not too sure. Well I have a LInksys Wrt54g and I'm using the wifi connection. All my applications work, PS store, PSN, Browsing and all. Even Resistance and Rainbow six work online. BUt my Madden 07 game doesn't seem to work online. It always says that the server is unavailable. Many people are having the same problem, and I think it may be my ISP. Since I have a cable internet connection, I think my ISP is blocking off specific ports from my modem, and therefore I won't be able to log on to the game. My NAT type is type 2 and I have good signal. THis problem is really bothering me and I wonder if there could be a way to fix it. I also have a static IP set up and did portforwarding, and set up DMZ to my ps3's IP address and to even more complicate the question I can play all non - EA games online, such as COD2 for PS2. Just yesterday I also tried to connect manually, but that didn't even work. I really believe that it was my ISP that is blocking off the ports I need to open.

Thanks a lot and I hope somebody can help
Message 77 of 177 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

question

Aug 9, 2007
 I have dlink gigabit router. under network settings in the ps3 should i leave the speed and duplex set to auto?  would it hurt anything to set it to 1000t full-duplex? And if i can set it to 1000thalf or full-duplex what should i set it
Message 78 of 177 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8085 posts

Aug 9, 2007
i get signed off every so often. its not my cnnection as im still connected on my pc
Message 79 of 177 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1989 posts

Aug 9, 2007
you said PS3 and Wii so here we go. I have my 20 Gig PS3 hooked up to a Wireless G gaming adapter. I get disconnects on my PS3 only every so often usually if left inactive for too long. My Wii though has horible online capabilities, and I was wondering if it is just interference from the gaming adapter that is about 3ft away from it or if its online just sucks naturally.

(note to mods, not a Wii discusion. Just a question on interference and performance)
Photobucket

If you did something right..... people wont realize you've done anything at all.
Message 80 of 177 (56 Views)
0 Likes