First Son
17 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems, post here and I will try to help

Aug 8, 2007
Yeah, I am using windows XP with WMP 11.  My wife is playing stardust right now so i cant test this idea but when i have the results from a few tests i will post them.
Message 41 of 177 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems, post here and I will try to help

Aug 8, 2007

Polaris4505 wrote:
Yeah, I am using windows XP with WMP 11.  My wife is playing stardust right now so i cant test this idea but when i have the results from a few tests i will post them.

Found it.       Just like with my computer, the PC stays in "away mode" and not sleep.  The problem is... XP never had an away mode, so the computer really doesnt know what do do with it.  This keeps the connection open, and its WMP11 that doesnt relinquish the connection to the PS3.  Since it's not a 360, the media interface doesnt know that it needs to let go of the connection when you want to play a game, or anything else.  It essentially thinks its only a media extender... not a game console that can stream media.  So if it were sending info to say a Linksys media center extender, that is only a box that hooks to your home theater and SHAZAM theres your media, then there would be no problems.

Message Edited by BLOODSCOURGE on 08-07-2007 11:34 PM
Message 42 of 177 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Aug 8, 2007
Ok, so wife is done playing her game and I disabled the media server connection.  now when exiting games and folding, i dont get disconnected.  I was in shock when i didnt see in the corner that I have been disconnected.
Message 43 of 177 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Aug 8, 2007

Polaris4505 wrote:
Ok, so wife is done playing her game and I disabled the media server connection.  now when exiting games and folding, i dont get disconnected.  I was in shock when i didnt see in the corner that I have been disconnected.

fricken awesome!!!
Message 44 of 177 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

If you have network or connection problems, post here and I will try to help.

Aug 8, 2007
ok now i've posted several help posts tryin' to figure out whats wrong with my connection and have tried everything ppl have suggested. but now that there is a certified expert in here i'll ask once again lol:

now when i first got my ps3 i waited while to try t oget online with it. but the first time i tried nuthin' was workin' but this past month i sumhow got it to connect to the router we have in the house. and all last month i was connected then a couple weeks ago the dsl internet light went out on the dsl modem. called verizon to get that back on but after getting the router and the internet back i tried to get my ps3 reconnected but wouldn't work. i've dmz'd it forwarded ports and a couple other things but nuthin' seems to work. i've tried hardwiring my ps3 to the router but i couldn't tell if it would work cuz i guess my ps3 was already set to my HDTV. also there are two computers in the house..the main computer which the router is connected to..and my computer in my room(which is wireless) along with the ps3. the ps3 picks up the home router with a signal strength of 95-100% every time i scan for it but won't connect. i keep getting an error (8013013E)

can you help me please....

router: WRT54G
modem: verizon dsl westell 6100
Message 45 of 177 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Aug 8, 2007
Alright Blood i really need your help on this one. I got my PS3 on friday. Before friday my internet connection was fine. Ok so i set up my PS3 and everything. Whenever i'm playing resistance online i keep getting signed out of PlayStation Network (PSN). I dont even have to be playing an online game to get signed out of PSN . I can be sitting on the Cross Media Bar or playing an offline game and an error message appears telling me ''connection was lost'' or ''i have been signed out of PSN''. I get signed out of PSN automatically at random time intervals. My computer also loses connection to the internet when i get signed out of PSN.

Ok i have Verizon DSL. I have a Westell Versalink Model 327W (gateway modem/router). My PS3 is hardwired and so is my computer. Can my gateway modem/router be the problem?

Please help me out. If you need more info please ask. Thank you in advance.

edit note: it never signs off at night like after 12...i tried it last night i played from 3am to 9 am and it didnt sign off once..so i dont know what to think now

Message Edited by TGHHH on 08-08-2007 09:37 AM
Message 46 of 177 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Aug 8, 2007

Twizz84 wrote:
ok now i've posted several help posts tryin' to figure out whats wrong with my connection and have tried everything ppl have suggested. but now that there is a certified expert in here i'll ask once again lol:

now when i first got my ps3 i waited while to try t oget online with it. but the first time i tried nuthin' was workin' but this past month i sumhow got it to connect to the router we have in the house. and all last month i was connected then a couple weeks ago the dsl internet light went out on the dsl modem. called verizon to get that back on but after getting the router and the internet back i tried to get my ps3 reconnected but wouldn't work. i've dmz'd it forwarded ports and a couple other things but nuthin' seems to work. i've tried hardwiring my ps3 to the router but i couldn't tell if it would work cuz i guess my ps3 was already set to my HDTV. also there are two computers in the house..the main computer which the router is connected to..and my computer in my room(which is wireless) along with the ps3. the ps3 picks up the home router with a signal strength of 95-100% every time i scan for it but won't connect. i keep getting an error (8013013E)

can you help me please....

router: WRT54G
modem: verizon dsl westell 6100

This can be caused by your wireless encryption sometimes.  Try disabling any WEP/WPA, and do a straight wireless connection.  If this works, then try a different encryption method.  If you were using WEP, then move over to WPA-PSK (Its more secure anyway).  If youre still having the problem, do away with the encryption and enable the MAC address filter.  This will let the network run at full speed, because encryption slows it down some) and still gives you adequate security because it only lets computers with the MAC addresses you specify can connect.

Think of a MAC addres as a serial number for networking equipment.
Message 47 of 177 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
500 posts

Aug 8, 2007
I have d-link N wireless router and I always have 100% and I have 2 cordless phones will it make it better if I take them out
Message 48 of 177 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 8, 2007
i've tried disabling the encryption all together...thats something a friend of mine told me to do and still nuthin'.

but ur sayin' go to the MAC address table?....u kno wut..i went in there and put the ps3 address in ther ebut forgot to put my wireless computer in there too cuz after i did it(on my computer) my connection on my wireless stopped and i had to go to the main computer lol.....but ok i'll try that and get back to you.

thank in advance
Message 49 of 177 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 8, 2007
oh yea...i meant to ask you...
1. so should i reset the network settings in my ps3?
2. should i power cycle everything after i do the MAC table thing? lol..(the wording i kno..)
3. if i am to reset the network settings in the ps3 how do i do that and should i go back in and maually put in a IP address again?
Message 50 of 177 (14 Views)
0 Likes