Splicer
96 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems, post here and I will try to help

Oct 16, 2009
Hope you can help 

I have just got a new modem that allows both wired and wireless connections.  I now have a wired connection with my playstation 3 but my laptop is still wireless.  When i tried to share media from the laptop to the playstation the playstation will not pick up the laptop, only my PC which is also wired.  I have tried to share the media THROUGH the PC (as in share my laptop media with the PC then pick it up from there) but the PC is so damn slow, and is also running XP (laptop is running vista) so its difficult to set up

ok, so BASICALLY i just want to share from my wireless laptop to my wired PS3.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance 
Message 171 of 177 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: If you have network or connection problems, post here and I will try to help

Oct 16, 2009

I have been trying to set up an account for 3 weeks through my ps3.  I always get "connection to the server timed out".  I am running a wired connection through a Qwest Actiontec GT701 modem with a 50ft ethernet cable.  I have cycled the modem and ps3 and still get no connection.  I have tried both auto and manual and the auto doesn't ever pass the connection test.  When I manually enter the ip address and other addresses the ps3 at least passes the ip and internet connection test, although I have never been able to utilize the browser on the system.  I finally just set up an account with my computer today.  Also, when I am trying to connect I do unplug my computer that is connected through the usb port on the modem.  Any ideas on how to get this thing online?

Message 172 of 177 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 9, 2010

Hello, i have a NAT type 2 and even a 90% connection PSN KEEPS KICKING ME OUT!

the internet browser everything else works fine but PSN wont let me loged on!! please help 

Message Edited by K_Y__O on 02-09-2010 03:19 PM
Message 173 of 177 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 21, 2010

Hi there!

My Playstation keeps logging me off from the internet everytime i want to play online. It says: 8002AD23. When i sign in again, it disconnects me after 5 minutes... Please help me i'm trying to play Skate 3 and i can't because of this **** problem...

Hope you read this...

Thank you!

Message 174 of 177 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 22, 2010

I am having problems signing into psn. My internet works for my computers but when i plug the cord into the ps3 and try to sign into psn... my whole ps3 freezes and i have to pull out the cord to shut it off. Has anyone else experienced this that might know what to do?

Message 175 of 177 (72 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: i need help man!

Nov 28, 2012

i am have slow game speeds and download issues. I have 75mbps download and 35mbps upload. Why can my PS3 only download at speeds of low 20's? I get the 75mbps download when i plug in the laptop with the ethernet cable. so why is the PS3 not seeing it? The PS3 is also plugged in straight to the router with a ethernet cable.

thanks

Message 176 of 177 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Player connects to internet called private networks

Sep 16, 2013

Player get picked up by hacker and I want to know if there any thing I can do . I believe it has  it own DNS

the only thing it does so far is turn off the internet connection 

320 gb playstation 3 wireless connect

use it for netflix lite gaming

Message 177 of 177 (42 Views)
0 Likes