Limit Breaker
22812 posts

Re: If this is current-gen, I am unimpressed.

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2014

MADDENKING1980 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I would have to say this gen has been rather unimpressive in my opinion. I say that because I don't see a big improvement in graphics and online gameplay has seemed to take a step backward even though we now pay for online gameplay.

I was very excited for this gen and thought we might see something special but to me the ps4 has been mediocre at best.

You wont day one. Heres PS3 thing. That is a  massive difference. You wont see massive changes yet till the devs get deep into its hardware to see what it can do. This takes tme.

Day one release.jpg

Today  today.jpg

This is comical, you take a gameplay screen shot from the first ps3 game and compare it to a cut scene from a new game to show how the ps3's graphics improved, did you really think I wouldn't call you out on that?   Obviously the graphics have improved slightly over the lifespan of the ps3, but it is nowhere as big as a jump as sd vs hd.   The ps3 was a game changer because it was the first time most of us played video games in high definition,

Smiley Happy Resistance Fall of man.. it looked good when it first came out!!

but now.. playing it again.. not so much.. :/  Smiley LOL

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 81 of 92 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Jan 5, 2014
Yeah... whoever posted a picture of Resistance gameplay and compared it to a promo poster or cut scene has a brain tumor, no doubt.
47Reviews.BlogSpot.com

Reviews from me -- an honest reviewer who isn't paid off.
Message 82 of 92 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Nuff Said.

Resistance_gameplay.jpgresistancefallofmanlg.jpg

VS

the-last-of-us.jpgthe-last-of-us-bill-joel-lg.jpg

Message 83 of 92 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Re: If this is next-gen, I am unimpressed.

Jan 5, 2014

MADDENKING1980 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I would have to say this gen has been rather unimpressive in my opinion. I say that because I don't see a big improvement in graphics and online gameplay has seemed to take a step backward even though we now pay for online gameplay.

I was very excited for this gen and thought we might see something special but to me the ps4 has been mediocre at best.

You wont day one. Heres PS3 thing. That is a  massive difference. You wont see massive changes yet till the devs get deep into its hardware to see what it can do. This takes tme.

Day one release.jpg

Today  today.jpg

This is comical, you take a gameplay screen shot from the first ps3 game and compare it to a cut scene from a new game to show how the ps3's graphics improved, did you really think I wouldn't call you out on that?   Obviously the graphics have improved slightly over the lifespan of the ps3, but it is nowhere as big as a jump as sd vs hd.   The ps3 was a game changer because it was the first time most of us played video games in high definition,  Madden 07 on the ps2 vs Madden 07 on the ps3 was a huge jump graphic wise (but like most ps3 games it was a step back in game content).    My kids have cod ghosts for the ps3 and ps4,  I watch them play the game on both systems on the same t.v. and it looks the same to me.  Bf4 looks awesome on my ps4 but Madden 25 and the ps+ renal games look generic imo.  I hope this explains why I'm unimpressed with the graphic upgrade when comparing ps3 vs ps4.  

I didn't expect a huge jump in graphic with the ps4 but I did expect a much better online gaming experience on ps4 and that has been the biggest letdown.  How is it that I get less lag and disconnects on my free online game services (ps3 and ps2 over xlink) then I get with my paid ps4 service?

Ok here you go want tp push your always right. Reistance 1 game play VS Batman Arkam Origins game play

Still show 100% difference in quality from then and now. You keep saying Sony and so one doesnt improve nothing or give us nothing your typical whine. These photos are from gam eplay now. And there is no arguable difference vs the quality. As times get better. Games will look  better an dplay better. Its a proven face sience the nes days. NES came. Sneas came games looked beter. So on and so forth. It is what it is.

release.jpg

today 2.jpg

Message 84 of 92 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
465 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Are we suppose to care that OP is unimpressed with next gen? Boy how many times have we heard that one...

I built a PC just so i could experience a new world of games. And im having fun

Message 85 of 92 (491 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jan 5, 2014
This is why I decided to skip PS4 in the end. Im waiting for the next model or the end of 2014 so I can play Destiny and Watch Dogs. Bring me some BA RPG also. I want in on that action.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 86 of 92 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jan 5, 2014

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:
This is why I decided to skip PS4 in the end. Im waiting for the next model or the end of 2014 so I can play Destiny and Watch Dogs. Bring me some BA RPG also. I want in on that action.

Release systems willl be able to do allof that as well. Only big difference maybe updates alread instaled that we will get anyways. There wont be a difference at all other than you at the time will have more games to play.

Message 87 of 92 (481 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:

Release systems willl be able to do allof that as well. Only big difference maybe updates alread instaled that we will get anyways. There wont be a difference at all other than you at the time will have more games to play.

Either I am not understanding what you typed or this had nothing to do with what I said. Please be clearer so that I may better comprehend your post, bro.

Message 88 of 92 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22812 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2014

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:

i'm bend warming for now (just noticed that there are good games on the psone, psp and ps2 that i missed.. it's time to go back.)... until i see the PS4 SLIM and games that i want..

not really interested in multi-platform games..  just exclusive titles mostly..

i want Killzone Shadow fall.. but just 1 game will not make me go out and buy a system..:/  they will need more than that..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 89 of 92 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jan 5, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:

i'm bend warming for now (just noticed that there are good games on the psone, psp and ps2 that i missed.. it's time to go back.)... until i see the PS4 SLIM and games that i want..

not really interested in multi-platform games..  just exclusive titles mostly..

i want Killzone Shadow fall.. but just 1 game will not make me go out and buy a system..:/  they will need more than that..

Agreed. I am going to grab the Ratchet and Clank HD collection and get some other PS2 games I didnt get. Maybe buy some JP PS2 games as well. Until PS4 gets more cool titles I am going to stick with PS3. If I can download games anyway. My internet gear wigged out Smiley Tongue

Message 90 of 92 (463 Views)
0 Likes