Wastelander
689 posts

Re: If rumors are true about the PS4 not being backward compatable will you buy it?

Apr 2, 2012

At age 75,  I have bought my last console.  Will just play and replay the games that I have on both PS3 and Xbox.

Gray hair is a crown of spendor; it is attained by a rightous life.
Games: F1, Eye of Judgement, BFBC2, Sports Active 2, Shift 2 Unleashed, BF3. Games on order:
Message 31 of 50 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: If rumors are true about the PS4 not being backward compatable will you buy it?

Apr 2, 2012

im an avid sony owner and i have not even heard of the PS4, so im going to say that i will not even buy something that i have not even seen commercials for. if the PS4 is not backward compatable, then people probably not buy it for that reason. i think that sony has their hands full with the PS3 and the issues it has right now, so it will be harder for them to deal with the issues the PS4 will bring with it, and then sony will lose more customers than they will gain just like they did when the original PSN was hacked in Feb. of 2011 and people went to the xbox360.

Message 32 of 50 (43 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Apr 2, 2012

im an avid sony owner and i have not even heard of the PS4, so im going to say that i will not even buy something that i have not even seen commercials for. if the PS4 is not backward compatable, then people probably not buy it for that reason. i think that sony has their hands full with the PS3 and the issues it has right now, so it will be harder for them to deal with the issues the PS4 will bring with it, and then sony will lose more customers than they will gain just like they did when the original PSN was hacked in Feb. of 2011 and people went to the xbox360.

Message 33 of 50 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Not trying to jump to the sarge's defense, but he didn't say it was definitive numbers. He said it was specific 3rd party places and he said "right now" - regarding PS3 repairs. Regarding the "least repaired" he was not saying all 360s, but the "slim 360". Again, this is also related to the specific repair shops he spoke to, AND "right now".

With all of that in mind it may very well be true.

My personal experience. I have had 2 360's fail. One I was the original owner, one I bought used from Gamestop (a later model which had the RROD problem fixed). I also had 2 launch PS3s fail. (one 20gb unit and one 60gb unit). I was the purchaser on the 20gb unit and my brother was the purchaser of the 60gb unit. While the PS3's did last longer, they both eventually failed as well. However, with BOTH of the 360 consoles, Microsoft repaired or replaced them for FREE. They provided the packaging, they paid the shipping and they were VERY timely with it (both shipping and to, repairing and return shipping) within 5 business. Most impressive part is that they did this for both units, while a.) both were out of warranty, and b.) the second unit was not a launch unit and did not actually qualify for the free repair. But one simple phone call and they did it anyway.

Where as my PS3s required roughly $130 plus shipping and a few weeks to be sent in for repair (each).

I would also like to point out that my slim 360 is running great with lots of time played on it. Also as the Sarge pointed out, has everyone forgot about the PS2 issues? I can't count how many PS2s I went through bc at one point it became cheaper to replace then actually repair.

Message 34 of 50 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Message 35 of 50 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Apr 2, 2012

kythunder wrote:

thats false,the most repaired units are by far the 360's and i know this myself firsthand as a fact..lol

Well not according to the 5 third party repair places I have talked to.  All of them said the same thing.  Number one right now is the PS3.  Both the old fat ones and the skinny ones.  And they all said the system they have seen the least of was the 360 slim.  The Wii took the middle ground.

Ask third party repair centers yourself.  As they fix them all, and sell none, they have no reason to lie.

Be One With The Game.

Message 36 of 50 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
431 posts

Apr 2, 2012

i will not be buying Dobis (rumored name) if it does not have backwardedness.

Message 37 of 50 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

Apr 2, 2012

I didn't allow my kid to do 'what if'. What if the sky is falling? What if winged monkey's flew out my...? If, if, if. You can 'if' yourself all day long but it won't mean anything, won't change anything and helps nothing. People are getting all bent out of shape over 'what if'. What a waste of everything. 'What if' is a form of paranoia. Paranoia will destroy ya.

Message 38 of 50 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
431 posts

Apr 2, 2012

what if what if though?

Message 39 of 50 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Apr 2, 2012

im tied very closely with a repair shop here in my town and yes theres plenty of ps3's that come through but way more 360's and slim 360's as well and most of the ps3's can be repaired when many of the 360's are beyond repair or cost more to repair than they are worth,i have many 360 cases sitting in my closet that i use for everything from homemade bench power supply boxes to homebrew ham radio linears lol,them cases come in handy..im not saying the ps3 don't have it's share of issues because it does but by no means comes close to the 360 repairs,i'll get a pic next time im there and then let you judge from that..lol...but then again it could also be demographic as more people around here seem to have 360's than ps3's and could be the other way around where your talking to,theres many things to take into consideration but it's nothing to argue about because they both clearly have many flaws that a few extra bucks in manufacturing costs could have prevented...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 40 of 50 (43 Views)
0 Likes