First Son
17 posts

Re: If rumors are true about the PS4 not being backward compatable will you buy it?

Apr 2, 2012

Alright so my friend here made a mistake by telling me it was rumored and not confirmed (timeframe right though) about the firmware update.  So my bad for not confirming it myself beforehand.  I apologize and will edit previous post to reflect it.

Less vulgar.  I should have the sense.  More intelligently done posts.  Look behind vulgarity and you'll see very valid and good points that make a lot of sense.  I cuss when I get emotionally invested and care about something.  Like the topic.  It's who I am and Im sure as hell not going to change.

Also being a U.S. Army infantryman, getting blown up in a fu**ing warzone by a 107mm rocket as a result of what's called indirect fire (Im okay severe concussion.) has warranted me the right to talk anyway I damn well please without having to justify it to anyone.

I did fight for the right to do so like those before me. 

Now lets get past this bulls**t and move on.  I would sure like to share my thoughts with like minded people such as yourself.  Im not forcing you to read my posts.  If you don't like it don't read it.  If you don't want to move on and continue discussions on things ...well I tried.

Message 21 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: If rumors are true about the PS4 not being backward compatable will you buy it?

Apr 2, 2012

If Sony follows MS lead and makes it so you can't buy or play used games, I may stop gaming altogether.  I've been gaming for 27 years ladies and gentleman so please don't take that statement lightly.  I am part of what made gaming what it is today by supporting it since it's infancy. (this is fact and can't be argued)  Atari 2600 was where I began.

We can all go ahead and blame pieces of S**T companies like Gamestop folk.  Here's why...everytime a used game is bought there, 0% of that money is sent to game companies/developers.  So now BECAUSE OF BULLS**T like that, developers are PISSED.  I can't blame them.  I would be livid too.  So Gamestop makes 100% profit and gives none to the game creators.  Sorry bastards.  If Gamestop and other stores actually were good businesses, they, from the start, should have been like "Hey developers thank you  for allowing me to sell your games which allows businesses like me to even EXIST.  Here's 25% kickback of our used games sells making both us and you money."  Something along those lines would keep us the fans (who always suffer the most by the way) away from BAD ideas like this from ever seeing the light of day.

Backwards compatibility.  THIS IS IMPORTANT guys and gals.  Let me break it.  I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR F**KING GAMES I ALREADY OWN!  This is what you'll do because it'll be available via digital download.  This is great for people who don't own said game, but F**S the people who do.  So now just like DLC is a ball of F**K on the face of the video game industry today (please don't get me started on DLC) my 60$ before tax (which is BULLS**T enough already) isn't good enough and I pump out more to play a game I ALREADY OWN on the new system (I personally wouldn't do that.  I actually use my brain and am above BULLS**T like this.  I would just hook up my old system and play it.)  F**K that.  Some on here have said "Sony is not that stupid.  They wouldn't take backwards compatibility out of PS4."  I don't know what you're smoking but THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED on the PS3!  So they've already showed they are capable of DICK moves so it's very feasible it could happen again.  Let's not forget Sony's little secret in roughly 2009 timeframe it was rumored that Sony was going to implement a firmware update to make it so old model PS3 users who still had backwards compatibility would be denied that option thereby making it so NO PS3 users could have backwards compatibility.  Now, as we know this didn't happen.  However, the fact that Sony did take away backwards compatibility in all models after the original, it isn't far fetched to say this idea wasn't entertained at some point. Wow isn't that awesome people?  If backwards compatibility is not important then why are people willing to pay 500$ and more for the old models so they can have that option.  Look into it.

Message 22 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Apr 2, 2012

well said!

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 23 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Apr 2, 2012

probably not, im not a big fan of no BC for newer systems and am equally not a fan of the effort by big companies to kill the used game market either. gaming is getting a little to facist for my tastes and if it keeps on going this direction i will probably just go back to PC gaming and avoid consoles all together.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 24 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Apr 2, 2012

As an American, I appreciate your service. I would defend your right to speak how you want in an adult-only setting. As a parent, I would encourage you to consider that this is not an adult-only forum.

Anyway, I'm not sure where the idea comes from that Gamestop owes publishers money for selling used games, or that it would prevent anyone from trying to do whatever the RUMOR is about preventing used game sales.

Music stores that sell used albums/CDs/cassettes didn't offer kickbacks to the record labels. When video stores sell their used movies, they don't pay Hollywood. If that's how it's supposed to be, where does it stop? If I leave my movie collection to my kids, should they have to pay a royalty? There's really nothing logical about blaming Gamestop, or suggesting that they owed the game publishers anything. They became the middleman in a process that was already happening...people sell used games, on Ebay, in garage sales, wherever. Should Ebay have been paying the game publishers too?

If I loan a game to a friend, should someone have to write a check to the publisher? Heck, what if my son plays a game "I own". I'm should have been paying the publisher so they don't try and eliminated the used game market, so their greed can be satisfied?

No. How about putting blame where it belongs. ASSUMING the rumor is true, which I don't, because I think it's too absurd to be true, but assuming it is, then the blame belongs on the greed of the publishers and the console maker.

Message 25 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Apr 2, 2012

thats exactly right,why should Gamestop have to pay royalties to the game publisher when that game was already paid for in full?...they shouldn't get paid more than once for a copy of a game,thats just makes absolutely no sense...thats like saying Gamestop is into piracy but they only sell original media...see,makes no sense..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 26 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Even better...should Ford get a cut of the used car market? If they put in a kill switch on every new car that makes it stop working if the original owner ever sells it, is this guy gonna go, "GD it Carmax! C'mon, you should have been paying Ford and now look what you've gone and made Ford do!?"

Message 27 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Apr 2, 2012

At this point, I'm not sure what I am going to do for the next generation.

I am very disappointed in Sony with the crap they have pulled this generation.  I am on my 4th YLOD.  I have talked to third party repair places, and they tell me the console they are repairing most right now is PS3s.  The least repaired, believe it or not, is the slim 360.  Someone learned from their problems, while Sony still insists there isn't one.

I was kind of disappointed with Sony for the PS2, with the disc read error problem that system had.  The only reason I came back to Sony for the PS3 was because of the BluRay, and it was backwards compatible.  So I could still play my many PS2 games all in one neat package.

So if Sony is going to take that out of the equation for the next generation, I'm not so sure.  If MS puts a BluRay drive in their next generation box, then what motivation is there for me to stay with Sony?

As no matter what, I will have to have two dam consoles taking up space in my cabinet just to play the games I have spent thousands of dollars on.

I would rather go with the company who at least shows that they have accepted, admitted, and attempted to address their design flaws, instead of just endlessly denying that one even exists.

Be One With The Game.

Message 28 of 50 (30 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Amen

Message 29 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Apr 2, 2012

thats false,the most repaired units are by far the 360's and i know this myself firsthand as a fact..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 30 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes