Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Re: If You Preorder PS4 at Gamestop

Jun 13, 2013

is it in order. For example, i cant pick up mind until the person who preorder b4 me pick up his, and he cant pick up his till the person b4 him pick up his and so on. Or can i just pick up mine in any order as long as i already preorder it.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
944 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I have no idea on that. He said I'd be able to get mine on the release day. I guess he's talking about lining up the people there to pick up their preorders in the order they were preordered

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (424 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7916 posts

Jun 13, 2013

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

is it in order. For example, i cant pick up mind until the person who preorder b4 me pick up his, and he cant pick up his till the person b4 him pick up his and so on. Or can i just pick up mine in any order as long as i already preorder it.

Basically, when a shipment arrives at a Gamestop store, each unit is tagged with a customer's name (first one goes to the first person to have preordered and so on).  Say they took 25 preorders, but the first shipment only contained 22 PS4's.  The first 22 customers will have had their name put on a PS4 (and will be informed via email, text and/or phone call the day before release that their PS4s will be available for pick-up), and those 22 people can come in and pick up their PS4s in whatever order.  The other 3 people that preordered will have their names put on the next three PS4s to arrive (with Gamestop, that usually means two or three days later, depending on their truck delivery schedule).

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (419 Views)
Survivor
2439 posts

Jun 13, 2013

gatorman865 wrote:

They said it was Sony who was only allowing them to hold it for 1 day. All I know is I'll be there at the midnight release to pick mine up

Sony has nothing to do with how long GameStop holds games or consoles for. Sony does not care once the is shipped it is as good as sold especially a launch system.

I'm going to Quote from my PS4 reserve receipt ... "UPCOMING RELEASE PRODUCTS WILL BE HELD FOR 48 HRS AFTER RELEASE"

Who ever told the OP this one day crap is full of crap, its not true this is false information.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
944 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I'm just saying what I was told

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2439 posts

Jun 13, 2013

gatorman865 wrote:

I'm just saying what I was told

What you were told is wrong. That employee or manager or who ever he was does not set policy. It is GS policy to hold items 48 hrs they can't sell it the same day it comes in. They understand not everyone may be available the very day it comes out.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9486 posts

Jun 13, 2013

gatorman865 wrote:

They are getting VERY limited quantities of preorders. My Gamestop just got a few more preorders in. They told me that they will be releasing them in the order they were preordered on the release. If you don't pick up the PS4 you preordered on the release date, they will sale it to someone else and you'll have to wait until more comes in. I was lucky and just got mine preordered at Gamestop. Now the long anticipation waits.

they go down by the list, if by chance you cant pick it up on day one, you got 48 hours to do so before they give it to someone else in the list

>

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (395 Views)
0 Likes