Highlighted
Apr 19 2011
By: hArLeY_QuiNn01 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

If I were to "restore default settings"?

4 replies 1460 views Edited Apr 19, 2011

That affects all the accounts on the system? What about all the stuff I bought on PSN? I am so lost. Can someone help me?

Message 1 of 5 (1,460 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: If I were to "restore default settings"?

Apr 19, 2011

Restoring your system to default settings doesnt affect data on your mem stick or purchases tied to your PSN account. Its just resets your system.

Message 2 of 5 (1,460 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Apr 19, 2011

hArLeY_QuiNn01 wrote:

That affects all the accounts on the system? What about all the stuff I bought on PSN? I am so lost. Can someone help me?

All your data will be there, but all your settings and accounts should be removed, and set to default.  So while all your purchased stuff will be there, it won't work until you put your PSN ID back onto the system.  Then, it should all start working again.

Message 3 of 5 (1,460 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Solar_Difusion wrote:

hArLeY_QuiNn01 wrote:

All your data will be there, but all your settings and accounts should be removed, and set to default.  So while all your purchased stuff will be there, it won't work until you put your PSN ID back onto the system.  Then, it should all start working again.

Incorrect.  Restore Default Settings does exactly what it says, it goes through the settings menu and resets every option to what it was when the PS3 was in the box.  None of the user profiles or PSN accounts are deleted from the system, and all media stored on the HDD remains intact.  The only thing that is deleted is the login information for each account, so you will need to re-enter your PSN account email address and password again in order to sign in after restoring the system's settings; be sure you know what all of your login information is before you start.

Message 4 of 5 (1,460 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Apr 19, 2011

ProfessorTripp wrote:

Solar_Difusion wrote:

hArLeY_QuiNn01 wrote:

Incorrect.  Restore Default Settings does exactly what it says, it goes through the settings menu and resets every option to what it was when the PS3 was in the box.  None of the user profiles or PSN accounts are deleted from the system, and all media stored on the HDD remains intact.  The only thing that is deleted is the login information for each account, so you will need to re-enter your PSN account email address and password again in order to sign in after restoring the system's settings; be sure you know what all of your login information is before you start.

It's not just your login info that is removed. It removes your PSN Account.

Some people have tried to ask Sony to help them change their PSN Account.  Sony walks them through restoring default settings.  Then, they put their new PSN ID onto their profile, and find that everything is screwed up because all their data is looking for the original PSN Account, and not the new one they added.  They have to restore again and put their original back on.

Unless Sony wisened up and fixed that particular problem recently, but what are the odds?

Message 5 of 5 (1,460 Views)
0 Likes