Sep 01 2013
By: XxWayuseyXx First Son 2 posts

If I live in Mexico and buy a PS4 in the US, will mexican games work?

6 replies 4869 views Edited Sep 1, 2013

And will there be any problem downloading DLC's even if I use an American Credit Card?

Message 1 of 7 (4,869 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9090 posts

Re: If I live in Mexico and buy a PS4 in the US, will mexican games work?

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

Playstation 4 software is not restricted by region. The majority of games purchased in another country will work on any Playstation 4 system as for the credit card thing i suspect you can use it as well however if the game is from another region the DLC will not work unless the game is from the same region

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 7 (4,863 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Sep 1, 2013
All credit/debit cards for use with the North American PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, must have a billing address within North America. If you are located outside of the North American region, you may still be able to create a Sony Entertainment Network account using a US or US territory address and purchase content from the North American PlayStation Store, however, you must have a North American credit card or debit card (with a Visa or MasterCard logo).
Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Message 3 of 7 (4,847 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

XxWayuseyXx wrote:

And will there be any problem downloading DLC's even if I use an American Credit Card?

Go ahead and buy a PS4 in America, Mexico has the same region code as the US and Canada. Anyways it doesn't really matter because the PS4 is region free. So you will have no problem whatsoever if you buy a PS4 in the US.

In fact, I recommend that you buy it here as the PS4 is $399 in the US while in Mexico it's $560.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 4 of 7 (4,787 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Sep 2, 2013

XxWayuseyXx wrote:

I suspect everything will work just fine.. if you in mexico.. Just use PSN cards and your straight.. PSN cards are safer anyway.. 

Message 5 of 7 (4,781 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28996 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

XxWayuseyXx wrote:

Go ahead and buy a PS4 in America, Mexico has the same region code as the US and Canada. Anyways it doesn't really matter because the PS4 is region free. So you will have no problem whatsoever if you buy a PS4 in the US.

In fact, I recommend that you buy it here as the PS4 is $399 in the US while in Mexico it's $560.

That is actually not true. Mexico falls into Region 4, which covers Latin America and South America. The United States and Canada are Region 1. For Blu Ray movies North, Central, and South America are the same.

Message 6 of 7 (4,775 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

cross12095 wrote:

XxWayuseyXx wrote:

That is actually not true. Mexico falls into Region 4, which covers Latin America and South America. The United States and Canada are Region 1. For Blu Ray movies North, Central, and South America are the same.

Most PS4 games if not all will be region free. Also you are free to make a PSN account in any country you want. 

Blu-ray Disc/DVDs might be another story but XxWayuseyXx probably has a Blu-ray player by now. I still stand by my recommendation of buying a PS4 in the US, it's $160 cheaper.

• PS4 games - Region free
  • Blu-Ray - Some movies are region free, Mexico is in Region 1 which includes all of the Americas & Southeastern Asia
  • DVD - Mexico is in region 4 while the US in region 1

So the only problem of buying a US PS4 is not being able to play DVDs.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 7 of 7 (4,768 Views)