Feb 28 2014
By: socom69 Uncharted Territory 1729 posts

If All Indie Games on PS4 Had the Quality of Rain....

[ Edited ]
18 replies 226 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

....I might actually give two ducks about all the hype surrounding sony supporting indi developers. So far the only indi thing I found enjoyable on ps4 is outlast.

Edited title

Edited label -- For more information on labels, please click here. 

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 1 of 19 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Re: If only indi games on ps4 had the quality of Rain....

Feb 28, 2014
We are not even 4 months in to the life cycle of the ps4. And all you do is blah blah blah. SHUT THE **bleep** UP. Give it a break for a little bit.
Message 2 of 19 (220 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 28, 2014

So because you have different tastes, as we ALL have different tastes in games (and everything in life) means that you are of the belief that such games are of "poor quality" ?

Your logic does not compute.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 19 (213 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

So because you have different tastes, as we ALL have different tastes in games (and everything in life) means that you are of the belief that such games are of "poor quality" ?

Your logic does not compute.

It's not that the indi games aren't my taste, it's just I think they suck. I don't have a "taste". I'll play and buy anything.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 4 of 19 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Really find it hard to take someone's opinion on indie games series when they can't even spell the word correctly. By having the atittude towards indies that you do, you're missing out on a lot of the best titles to release in the last five years.

Message 5 of 19 (196 Views)
Survivor
1817 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I think the indie selection has been good so far.  Probably unlike most, Contrast was my fave of the bunch (short, but IMO, memorable), and I had some fun with Resogun and Don't Starve as well. Along with Outlast, they're all very different genres, so they're bound not to please everyone equally.

Indie games are always going to be more niche and run a greater chance of polarizing audiences than AAA titles, which are crafted to please as many people as possible.  That said, I often find them more interesting, and I'm pretty stoked for some of the upcoming indies.  More so, in a couple cases, than the major releases.

Message 6 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

The indie titles on PS4 haven't been the best quality, unfortunately. I like Tiny Brains and Contrast, but they're both a bit of a mess from a technical perspective. I was hoping Basement Crawl would be good, but it seems to be riddled with bugs as well. Outlast is great though. If the performance issues get ironed out they would be some enjoyable titles. 

Out of all the indies, the F2P games (Blacklight and Warframe) are pretty good. Warframe I can't really get into, but it's a solid title.  Daylight also looks like it's gonna be great, as well as SOMA. Then there's the other big name ones like Hotline Miami 2 and The Swapper. I think Jeff Minster hinted at TxK coming to PS4 as well. I think most devs just got caught up in trying to meet the PS4's launch and that cause the drop in quality - by which I refer to performance, not a game being good or bad.  You can see the difference between the launch indies and the ones that came out months later (Don't Starve, Outlast). 

Message 7 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Delta_Canuckian wrote:

Really find it hard to take someone's opinion on indie games series when they can't even spell the word correctly. By having the atittude towards indies that you do, you're missing out on a lot of the best titles to release in the last five years.

I can't spell "independent" correctly? Come again? If you want to make this a battle of arrogance and grammatical correctness, we can do that, but first I think you should refer to the above highlighted segments. "indie" isn't even a full word, it's an abbreviation for the word "independent". But I digress.

Also, I believe my thread is about ps4 games, not titles on other platforms from previous years. Now go sit in a corner. 

Message 8 of 19 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

poodude wrote:

The indie titles on PS4 haven't been the best quality, unfortunately. I like Tiny Brains and Contrast, but they're both a bit of a mess from a technical perspective. I was hoping Basement Crawl would be good, but it seems to be riddled with bugs as well. Outlast is great though. If the performance issues get ironed out they would be some enjoyable titles. 

Out of all the indies, the F2P games (Blacklight and Warframe) are pretty good. Warframe I can't really get into, but it's a solid title.  Daylight also looks like it's gonna be great, as well as SOMA. Then there's the other big name ones like Hotline Miami 2 and The Swapper. I think Jeff Minster hinted at TxK coming to PS4 as well. I think most devs just got caught up in trying to meet the PS4's launch and that cause the drop in quality - by which I refer to performance, not a game being good or bad.  You can see the difference between the launch indies and the ones that came out months later (Don't Starve, Outlast). 

Doki Doki Universe made me absolutely lose my mind because of how dumb it was. When I played the demo, all I kept saying to myself was "why....". I was so traumatized that I sent a picture of it to a friend with the message "And this....is my life".

And Blacklight and Warframe were old news to me so I didn't care to play them on ps4. I already uninstalled them from my computer months prior. Both did nothing for me.

Message 9 of 19 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

Doki-Doki didn't really appeal to me either. I can appreciate what the devs were aiming for, but it didn't click. Not to mention it essentially being free to play and narrative driven at the same time. 

Edit: Just saw the part of your post on Blacklight and Warframe. Yeah, I can understand that; I was really just pointing to them as good indie titles (from a performance perspective). I've played both on my PC as well, but I prefer Blacklight on the PS4 lol.

Message 10 of 19 (156 Views)
0 Likes