Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: Ideas on how Gaikai should work?

Dec 9, 2013

I would like it to be where you can buy games individually for a 1 time fee and for them too offer a netflix like service where you pay a subscription fee and have all access to all the games on there. That would be ideal!

Message 51 of 54 (180 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Dec 10, 2013
Agreed
Message 52 of 54 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5490 posts

Mar 8, 2014

I don't keep up on a regular basis, so I haven't heard much about Gaikai. I decided to look a bit to see what is here.

After reading this thread, I have some thoughts:

1) PS+ IS the pay-in side that will pwer Gaikai.

2) There may be a one-time fee to gain access to games that will be played, with free demos all around

3) If you have the disk from an old game, access should be free or drastically reduced

4) I DO NOT have the ability to increase my internet speed. If there is lag, I'm not joining!

What is the latest?  Has it even been released? (Yes, I'll go look some more... Smiley Wink )

I'll come back later and look here again. Thanks.

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 53 of 54 (120 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Mar 8, 2014
1) Doubtful.
2) There's two payment options. A subscription based one like Netflix. And a "rental" service per game.
3) Sources indicate they have no plans to do anything like that
4) They suggest a 5Mbps connection for best quality so if your internet isn't up to snuff, you're out of luck
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 54 of 54 (109 Views)