Dec 06 2013
By: kiran593 Lombax Warrior 251 posts

Ideas on how Gaikai should work?

[ Edited ]
53 replies 473 views Edited Mar 10, 2014

I think Gaikai should be like netflix where we pay monthly fees to play previous gen games on the PS4.

Anyone else have ideas or agreed with my idea?

Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 54 (473 Views)
VP of Gaming
28544 posts

Re: Ideas on how Gaikai should work?

Dec 6, 2013

Well you can think what ever you want, but nobody knows how it's going to work yet.

Message 2 of 54 (467 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6856 posts

Dec 6, 2013
The better question is when is the system is going to have this feature. Hopefully they'll add the program by 2014.
Message 3 of 54 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Dec 6, 2013

i want to pay a ONE TIME FEE for each game that i buy

but the fact that it's a streaming service means each user will be utilizing their servers

which translates to a MONTHLY FEE as you say

i hate it but my opinion isnt worth shat

what's wrong with just paying for the game itself and be done with it.... like how you get digital download games...

Message 4 of 54 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Dec 6, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:
The better question is when is the system is going to have this feature. Hopefully they'll add the program by 2014.

to me the better question is the fee structure

we all KNOW this is coming

but nobody really knows about the fee

the most probable and realistic outcome would be a MONTHLY fee, which i would b1tch and moan about for a long time

Message 5 of 54 (462 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6856 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2013

Chipz_and_Cola wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

to me the better question is the fee structure

we all KNOW this is coming

but nobody really knows about the fee

the most probable and realistic outcome would be a MONTHLY fee, which i would b1tch and moan about for a long time

If it's a monthly fee, then it should be payed when you purchase PS Plus.

Message 6 of 54 (458 Views)
MVP Support
9435 posts

Dec 6, 2013

Chipz_and_Cola wrote:

i want to pay a ONE TIME FEE for each game that i buy

but the fact that it's a streaming service means each user will be utilizing their servers

which translates to a MONTHLY FEE as you say

i hate it but my opinion isnt worth shat

what's wrong with just paying for the game itself and be done with it.... like how you get digital download games...

I would kind of like it if, you had the option to buy newer game releases for the PS3 through Gaikai on the PS4, that way you could still play the PS3 exclusives on the PS4 (as if it`s a fee to stream PS3 games, it would most likely take awhile for newer ones to be added there, but if you had to pay for the newer ones, then the devs still gets their money, but still no one knows exactly how it would work.

Message 7 of 54 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Dec 6, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

you mean if you are a PLUS member GAIKAI should be offered for free?

i LOVE that idea

whether that will happen, who knows

i will be a SONY fan for a LONG time if they do that

Message 8 of 54 (448 Views)
Fender Bender
3790 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

As long as the PS+ subscriptions are heavily increased to compensate.

Personally -- I'm all about the monthly fee being SEPARATE from PS+. There are certainly logistics that Sony will need to work out (which, I am going to guess is one of the hold-ups for the release). For example... do people that already own certain games get free access to those games on PS4 as long as the PSN account can verify the purchase or the person has the disc available for validation during play? I wouldn't mind a deal where I can stream a certain amount of games per month for a particular price. Say -- $15/month for 3 games. That's competitive with Gamefly.

The server cost to run something like Gaikai is probably astronomical compared to the standard PSN, so I would hope Sony charges a solid fee every month for the access. This will help ensure the quality of Gaikai is consistent. People need to remember that Gaikai will be a SERVICE, and as with any SERVICE -- if someone wants to use it they must PAY FOR IT. Gaikai isn't a feature, it's a service. Big difference.

Message 9 of 54 (433 Views)
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2013

First off Sony will most definitely charge for the service. They have invested hundreds of millions of dollars in gaikai. As much as I would like it, i doubt Sony is going to offer that service at no additional cost. It should work like netflix, a monthly fee for access to all the games they are offering. Plus members get access to the service at a discounted price compared to non plus members. 

Message 10 of 54 (405 Views)