Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Re: Ideas on how Gaikai should work?

Dec 7, 2013

kiran593 wrote:
I think Gaikai should be like netflix where we pay monthly fees to play previous gen games on the PS4.

Anyone else have ideas or agreed with my idea?

Good idea, OP, and it's not far-fetched, either.

I remember Yoshida Shuhei said that ideally, he wants PS+ to grant access to a library of hundreds of games. I believe Gaikai will be the start of this.

Message 41 of 54 (134 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 7, 2013

Personally I hate the idea of another monthly fee. Gaikai should just give me the ability to purchase games individualy from the old system libraries and stream them to my PS4. Transfer all my games from my PSN account over for free (or a small fee ($2 per game if they have to charge anything)) and  then leave it at that.

Monthly fees are brutal when you have already paid for PS+ and this is supposed to be a service that makes backward compatibility accesible to PS4 users. Adding the fee would defeat the purpose of the concept.

Message 42 of 54 (131 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7020 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2013

i think they   should just merge it  with psn re name it Psn / Gaikai.. or just merge them in a way. I dont think a monthly  fee is needed to many fee's is not good, it cost money to manage fees.  I  dont think its counter productive to charge for trial game and psn+ already has trails on the service for free an the  devs are giving demos's/trails for free..  I dont think the gamer should be paying for a demo or a limited game trail..

There would no need to  even  sub to giakai. psn + is doing it better and doing it free and lower cost with more saving to the consumer.

Put everything in one thing is the better, stronger, effective for console. I dont  think there should be any fees. Unless you want to  buy the game or move them around. I  think you should have to rebuy the games, like for example  a ps3 to ps4 then  you pay a fee.. Same as they doing with certian games as of late/

i think 5-15$ is fair in that aspect. I think sony spent enough money attaining gaikia  , its  time to make money with what they bought., selling  games and etc. I dont  think a fee should be there for consoles, they should  use what they have, psn+ is good for the consumer and making gmoney and saving for everyone . They dont need to create new fees.

As for the  pc  side. this would  give sony  a leg to get (Soe) in the ball game a little more with gaikai in a steam like pricing way.. They want to sell hardware on console and software , then  keep those fees on the pc side but at lower price and same exact  policy way of before. Make the console gaikai the psn+ way,  keep the pc way the same just lower  price.  No one can  complain about saving. If the ps3 gamer want to bring pc game to ps3 or ps4 make a a fee+ price of the game, if it set in a steam like way in pricing , then 20-40$ should  cover everything for most  hi end pc games. 10-15$ the low end games which is very attractive

This  will bring in buyers to both, but console will be more  attractive becuase of saving( psn+). This will increasse hardware revenue, software revenue as well.I do the think systematic structures and all that  should be kind of seperate in a way,  for saftey measures.

If they want to raise psn+ to 55$-60$ over time  then  that is acceptable , but make sure  the previous buyers  of psn + plan are not affected. Make sure  they tell  the gamer they getting more service just 5$ more and previous buyers are not affected.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 43 of 54 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Here is the long-run problem with a Netflix-esque model. DEPENDING ON THE PRICE, I know that is a huge depends but hear me out.

1) Pay a subscription for the few games I actually want to play while indirectly paying for all the garbage I do notwant to play.

VS.

2) Pay a set amount per title for the handful of games that I want to play while not having to continue the service to access it.

I will not "subscribe" to this service unless it is ridiculously cheap.

Message 44 of 54 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Dec 8, 2013
I doubt it would be free for plus nembers. Maybe theyll discount for plus members
Message 45 of 54 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Completely agreed
Message 46 of 54 (88 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 8, 2013

I know everyone has their hopes for this, but you guys have no idea how infeasible it is to make a game streaming service work and not such.  It's just not possible to do with today's technology.  Even at a very very very optimistic 120ms response time from controller action to seeing it's effect on screen (60ms to the servers, 60ms back), games that require any timing, moving enemies, etc etc will be nearly unplayable. 

Sony just needs to give us ps1 and ps2 and psp emulation for ps4.

Message 47 of 54 (86 Views)
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Dec 8, 2013
I don't want to pay a monthly fee. I want to pay a one time fee for each game I want to play. I'm not going to pay for example $5-10 a month because what if I only want to play a few old games? It would end up costing a lot more just for nostalgia. A monthly fee would better benefit those who play a lot of old games. But honestly if that were the case, even that would end up being costly for them because in order for a monthly fee to be justifiable they'd have to only play old games. At that point, it's like why did you even buy next gen to begin with..
Message 48 of 54 (80 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Dec 8, 2013
You mean like game fly?
Message 49 of 54 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Dec 8, 2013