Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Re: [INFO] Wolfenstein : The New Order

May 24, 2014

So how is this game? I've never played any wolfensteine games before. I'm thinking on picking this up on monday/wendsday when I go trade in my Wii, along with getting Murdered: Soul Suspect and placing 5 dollars down on The Crew. It looks fun but the play time is what has me wondering. I'm someone who likes to get all collectables and take my time, so how long do you think this game would last me (assuming I also go back and play through the hardest difficulty if there is a trophy for it)?

Message 141 of 184 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1301 posts

May 25, 2014

GrnDragn wrote:

Kelsinator wrote:

Skooma303 wrote:

I'm really surprised about the no multiplayer, as well. That's unheard of nowadays with games. Kind of sad. 

No, what is sad, is that a developer would feel obligated to put in MP..... can anyone help me figure out how to do a silenced pistol takedown? It just keeps uing the knife everytime when I have the pistol and silencer equipped

You just shoot 'em with the silenced pistol. Don't actually do the take down. 

Hahaha wow....ok...I was thinking and hoping he would put the gun to his head or neck,  or something . Oh well, thanks

Message 142 of 184 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

May 25, 2014

I'm LOVING this game! It's great to have a single player game with great visuals, good gameplay, all the added little things to find, just overall AMAZING! This goes to show not every shooter needs multiplayer.Like someone else said, I can't wait to see DOOM like this, or hopefully, possibly Fallout 4. Visuals and gameplay like this will make those two games outstanding, and NO MULTIPLAYER, please, just single player only.

Message 143 of 184 (413 Views)
MVP Support
6209 posts

May 26, 2014
Message 144 of 184 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1330 posts

May 26, 2014

Gratz to Machinehead Games.!

"For god ,your soul ... For me, your flesh...""

Message 145 of 184 (357 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6209 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2014

And for what you were all waiting for....

A Deep Comparison/Differences between the PS4 and PS3 versions of Wolfenstein : The New Order!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-wolfenstein-the-new-order-face-off

Qoute-

"So just how scalable is id Tech 5? The true test of the engine would be to compare the results of the new consoles with the last. Unfortunately Bethesda didn't send us last-gen code, but we borrowed the PS3 version and stacked it up against The New Order running on PS4 to see the key advantages the new consoles bring to the game. Naturally, the target resolution is pegged at 720p on PS3, but a dynamic framebuffer regularly results in sub-HD visuals as the engine attempts to hold a solid 60fps - just as it did in the PS3 version of Rage (Resulting in 640 x 720 sometimes on PS3 for Wolfenstein compared to PS4 which sometimes drops to 1760 x 1080) . This results in a somewhat murkier look, with fuzzier geometry edges - exacerbated by the lack of anti-aliasing - and blurrier textures.

Other cutbacks include a reduction in alpha-based effects (smoke, fire and debris), the loss of screen-space reflections on shiny surfaces, and the removal of the fluid simulation used to replicate the swell and flow of water. We also see simpler levels of post-processing, with the noise filter used to give the game a gritty oppressive look on the PS4, Xbox One and PC builds appears to be completely absent. The lighting model takes a knock too, dramatically changing how characters and portions of the environment are illuminated. This leads to an unusually dark look in many areas, with enemies and objects cast in shadow.

Overall, we are looking at a build that lacks much of the sparkle of the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions when it comes to visual fidelity, but the core gameplay experience remains remarkably preserved. 60fps is the target, and for the most part the engine does an admirable job of maintaining it during hectic scenes. Things aren't perfect though, and there are some short but heavy bouts of tearing when the engine is under stress. It's an annoyance, but keeping v-sync engaged here would have compromised the feel of the controls and we feel that Machine Games made the right trade."

Here is a video comparison between the two by a German youtube user interested in the differences, I can understand it a bit due to my German classes in school back in the day but some may want to mute it for those intrigued by the visual differences.

Fullscreen in 1080p to see differences better! 

Message 146 of 184 (350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 27, 2014

So I did my first play through on uber difficulty. I found out later that was the hard way of doing things. There are two play throughs with two different side characters. The health packs (gives bonus starting % of health, max 200), armor packs (Increases % of armor you get with armor pick ups), weapon upgrades and perks stay with you through all play throughs.

Later I completed the second play through on easy, and got all collectables and achievements. I am now 246/100,000. Is there any way to get a higher rank? And why does it cut off at 100,000. First day it was like xxxx/17233 and as more people got the game it is now capped at 100,000.

Long story short, this is the first game on my PS4 that I thought was worth playing through enough to 100%. Great story, cant wait for a DLC for further play or a multiplayer expansion. (Yes I have the four new play modes unlocked also)

Message 147 of 184 (325 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41788 posts

May 27, 2014

Langor wrote:

So I did my first play through on uber difficulty. I found out later that was the hard way of doing things. There are two play throughs with two different side characters. The health packs (gives bonus starting % of health, max 200), armor packs (Increases % of armor you get with armor pick ups), weapon upgrades and perks stay with you through all play throughs.

Later I completed the second play through on easy, and got all collectables and achievements. I am now 246/100,000. Is there any way to get a higher rank? And why does it cut off at 100,000. First day it was like xxxx/17233 and as more people got the game it is now capped at 100,000.

Long story short, this is the first game on my PS4 that I thought was worth playing through enough to 100%. Great story, cant wait for a DLC for further play or a multiplayer expansion. (Yes I have the four new play modes unlocked also)

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Glad you liked the game, I'm playing through it right now & loving it.

There won't be any MP though, it's a SP game through & through, as for DLC, maybe, that's up to Bethesda etc.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 148 of 184 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

May 27, 2014

Amazing game. Beat both storylines and got all the collectibles.

Message 149 of 184 (304 Views)
Monster Hunter
24 posts

May 27, 2014

I've been taking my time on this and just at Chapter 10. Wasn't sure what to expect after seeing the trailers but the game has a bit more "depth" than being a dual welding blat away shooter.  There are some Human Elements of emotion that are surprising and you really start hating these Nazis the more you play.

The visuals have been really solid and in many cases just stunning. The detail in "The Hideaway" just leaves you shaking your head and asking...just how the heck did they do this? The "Sewer Chapter" with lightings, steam and water was really a sight to take in.

For now I'm now getting Watch Dogs and will continue with Wolfenstein, taking time and enjoy it. Mainly to see what surprises Sony might unleash come E3 that might happen in June. I'm personally glad I got it and to those who think this is a flash to the bargin bin...you're dead wrong. Plus I got $25 in certs from Best Buy so it's been a Win-Win situation with the game.

Message 150 of 184 (283 Views)