Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: [INFO] Watch Dogs Thread

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2014

Anyone else been reading about this so-called "controversy" about the Watch_Dogs we were shown in 2012 vs. the Watch_Dogs we are seeing now?

2012 vs. Now comparison.

http://abload.de/img/dogs4mevz.gif

Now vs. 2012 comparison.

http://i.minus.com/iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

I'm wondering if it's people just over reacting. They need to remember the game is multiplatform. So these "bullshots" they are now calling the 2012 footage could still be PC, but the rest be console footage.

Or PC/PS4/XB1 vs. PS3/360.

Who knows. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on Assassin's Creed: Chicago. Smiley Tongue

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 11 of 938 (744 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13312 posts

Mar 7, 2014

Yea I saw some of the footage. The new stuff reminds me of a Sims game to be honest. It was a pretty big difference. Hope it won't affect game play too much.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 12 of 938 (737 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2014

This is why I hate cross gen games. The grapics are never up to par on current gen games because they are handcuffed by what the previous gen games can only do. Atleast there are a few game companies who try to make the grapics better by making a seperate game for current gen (example is MLB The Show 2014). I bet if devs were completely focused on current gen and not on the last gen anymore, we would be having some VERY pretty games right now. I know graphics aren't everything to some, but to me they are important ands just as important as gameplay (for me its 50/50), graphics for me help with a games atmosphere and immersion.

I can't remember if it is or not, but I hope The Division isn't cross gen if this is what watchdogs for cross gen is going to look like on the current gen platform.

I get the feeling though that if there was a downgrade, ubisoft would be commenting on it now or soon if these rumors are going around the web right now...

Message 13 of 938 (729 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

The Reason Why Watch Dogs Was Delayed!

Mar 7, 2014
Message 14 of 938 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2641 posts

Re: The Reason Why Watch Dogs Was Delayed!

Mar 7, 2014

ERROR 404  -Page not found. 

Message 15 of 938 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

Mar 8, 2014

PaperCarrier wrote:

ERROR 404  -Page not found. 

Works fine for me.. Try again

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 16 of 938 (812 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2098 posts

Mar 8, 2014
Good. Take notes. Crappy devs. U know who u r
Message 17 of 938 (788 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5187 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2014

Here's some relevant excerpts from the article. 

They wanted to "polish" the game some more...

"We produced an insane amount of animations and behaviors for the citizens of our Chicago. But once you do a lot of playtests you realize there are certain parts of the city where players go more than others. So look at it and we say, OK, there’s all these things happening in the city that many players may never see, there’s those areas they’re going in, and maybe if we had more variety there it would be better. It’s impossible to plan that a year ahead. You need to do it, see it, make an adjustment, iterate on it. So we actually produced more content that would fit into the areas where the players went more, moved content around a little bit, looked at it again, played it again. Iterating on this huge of a game takes a while. It takes weeks for anyone to get through our game."

An example of enhancing gameplay...

"Here’s a quick example. We’ve always had the ability for the player – for Aiden – to hack into an NPC’s communication device – basically, their headset, to block them from calling in reinforcements. We actually used a variation of that in the first demo we showed at E3, where Aiden hacked in the communications system and disrupts a bouncer from talking with someone on the phone. We had discussions about that, but we never implemented other ways of hacking into that system. But we also wanted the hacking of the headset to be useful in combat. Someone had an idea a while ago: What if we had high-pitch, high-volume sound push into those headset? How would someone react to that?

You can imagine how someone would react to that while he’s shooting a gun or is in cover or while he’s preparing to throw a grenade! So we added that in, it created a lot of new emergent moments, a lot of new ways for the player to be smart with hacking."

Another "polish"...

"Yes! There is one that that I’m really happy with. We’ve talked a lot about how you can go in other players’ games and interact with each other. How multiplayer is involved in your single-player adventure. And we saw in playtesting gamers who loved it and spent a lot of time doing that. We wanted to give rewards to those players – skills that could be unlocked and used as Aiden in your single-player game.

That’s something we had, but it was very obscure. It was hidden somewhere and we were seeing that players weren’t enticed by those skills. Sometimes they didn’t even realize when they unlocked new ones. They still liked going into other players’ games and playing with others, but the actual reward was not presented correctly to the gamer. The UI wasn’t clear, it was hidden in a stat page somewhere, it just didn’t work.

Now we made it very apparent. We brought it into the flow you follow in single-player to see your skills and buy new skills, so it’s always going to be there, you’re always going to be seeing how you can gain rewards. And when we show you a player you can hack, we already tease you with how much closer you can get to that next skill. It’s subtle incentives. It’s the same core gameplay, but now it’s more rewarding because you’ve got your clear objective and reward in your game."

Overall, the article is a good read.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 18 of 938 (783 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Mar 8, 2014

sounds like they counted their chicken before they hatched and gave a release date when the game wasnt really finished.

hopefuly this new release date is the real deal. Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 938 (769 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Mar 8, 2014

It's good that they're giving the extra time to make a better experiance. It makes up for the delays.

Message 20 of 938 (756 Views)
0 Likes