ESRB Rating: M (Mature)
Suggested Manufacturer's Retail Price: $59.99

NEWS UPDATES

07/31/15 - Interview: The Music of "Until Dawn."

05/26/15 - "Until Dawn" Release Date Announced! + New Trailer

10/06/14 - "Hands-On Preview, from EB Games Expo 2014"

08/12/14 - "Until Dawn" unveiled for PS4

PLOT
As an homage to 80's teen slasher flicks, "Until Dawn" follows a group of 8 friends as they spend the night in a log cabin on the anniversary of the death of one of their friends, unaware that they are being hunted by a crazed killer.

You play the parts of all eight friends as you try to unravel the terrifying mysteries of Blackwood Pines. Look out for clues while your limits of fear are tested -- but remember --  things aren’t always as they seem!

GAMEPLAY
Originally announced as the first "adult" PlayStation Move game on PS3, "Until Dawn" was revealed at GamesCom 2012 as a first-person horror title. News about the game was virtually non-existent after that, with only the occasional update / promise from Supermassive and Sony about it "still coming." In the weeks leading up to GamesCom 2014, the EU Sony youtube channel began teasing the announcement of a new horror game.
Teasers

Spoiler

The reveal would end up being the announcement for "Until Dawn" exclusively on PS4, rebuilt from the ground-up, and now in third-person. From the gameplay shown, Until Dawn takes a page out of Quantic Dream's book, by playing more like an interactive movie, much like "Heavy Rain" and "Beyond Two Souls."

• The characters in Until Dawn are voiced by some semi-recognizable TV and film talent, but the actorress and actor that is most known would be Hayden Panettiere (Heroes, Scream 4, Nashville) and Peter Stormare (Arrow, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, 8mm), who lend their voice and likeness for the characters Sam and (a yet to be publicly named character).
  • The game uses a modified version of the "Killzone: Shadow Fall" engine (Umbra3).
  • The story was written in collaboration with horror auteurs Larry Fessenden and Graham Reznick (Stake Land, Habit, The Last Winter).

VIDEO

2015 Launch Date Announcement Trailer

GamesCom 2014 Trailer

IGN's 24 Minutes of Gameplay footage

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler
UD1.jpg

UD2.jpg

UD3.jpg

UD4 - HaydenPanettiere.jpg

UD5.jpg

More info to come as it's released.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 1 of 18 (1,105 Views)
Fender Bender
2921 posts

Re: [INFO] Until Dawn

Aug 20, 2014

they should release this during the halloween.

Message 2 of 18 (1,096 Views)
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2014

B3GV5M63 wrote:

they should release this during the halloween.

Since the game takes place during Winter, I would be pleased with a January 2015 release.

Halloween (Fall) 2015 seems too long of a wait, especially for a game I've been waiting 2 years for already.

BUT, the more time they take, the better product we get.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 3 of 18 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Oct 26, 2014
Will there be a collector's edition for this game? Perhaps a DS4 or PS Gold headset bundle?
Reduce prices for digital edition of games permanently if it is older than 2 years.
Message 4 of 18 (874 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

May 26, 2015
Message 5 of 18 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42142 posts

May 26, 2015
Thanks for the release date info. Will preorder probably the month before.

Message 6 of 18 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 26, 2015

ossiecastro5 wrote:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/26/until-dawn-launches-on-ps4-august-25th/

Major information @HorrorGod!

Thank you for the heads up, but I was aware (twitter alerts on my phone Smiley Wink) will update on my pc when I get home.

Message 7 of 18 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9937 posts

May 27, 2015
I'm really glad they didn't can this game. I've been waiting for a good cinematic game and this one looks promising. Add in the fact that the narrative will adapt to your choices and this game could have so many different outcomes.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 8 of 18 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 27, 2015

nasrulez wrote:
I'm really glad they didn't can this game. I've been waiting for a good cinematic game and this one looks promising. Add in the fact that the narrative will adapt to your choices and this game could have so many different outcomes.

Same here. "Heavy Rain" was pretty dark, but it's nice to see another developer take that style of genre and mix it with the "teen slasher" flick.

I was worried they were going to finally announce it was cancelled, until that awesome reveal last August. Now we finally get a release date (a year from the the time they announced it was alive and coming to PS4 instead

This has been one of my most anticipated PS4 titles. Thrilled it finally has gotten a release date. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

May 27, 2015

When they announced the game for the ps4, I wasn't very interested in the game. Though the latest trailer which of course was the release date reveal actually impressed me and I'm not that big on horror video games, but I might actually pick up this title.

Message 10 of 18 (457 Views)