Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Re: [INFO] Transistor

May 22, 2014

First off, I abolsutely love this game. Finished the first playthrough and the story is really immersive and intimate, the gameplay is really engaging, and like Bastion: the soundtrack is incredible.

I have a question and Im not sure if anyone knows this or not yet but I figure'd Id ask. I noticed that some of the more challenging trophies require you to use for example, all 10 Resistors. Right now I'm in start half of Recursion mode, but I still need one more resistor:

Does anyone know if you can play recursion mode again (essentially New Game ++) allowing you to carry over your level and items from the first TWO playthroughs into a third? The reason why I ask is because it will be a bit easier to hit rank 24 if you had more than 2 playthroughs, as well as be able to use all 10 resistors at an earlier time in the game as well.

Thanks!

Message 41 of 53 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

May 23, 2014

Already got a Plat in this game.  So easy, but fun.

E3 HYPE 2014:

Message 42 of 53 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 23, 2014

This looks pretty darn fantastic, a little on the fence, but I think I'll pick it up, if only to support the developer. I hope it's as immersive as it looks.

Message 43 of 53 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 23, 2014

I absolutely love the seamless combat and the ability to combo customized moves . Great job once again. The SciFi/ arc déco noir is beautifully done. The building of the char back story by grinding out your move set is a fresh idea. Keep it up

Message 44 of 53 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1251 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2014

Salz78 wrote:
Hey narutofan, I think because you can do so much of the battles using the turn base system that this game wouldn't be a bad one for you. If you have specific questions just ask!

how r the controls layed out as far as the action buttons? because if its like lightning returs i'll pass, kinda wish there was a demo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 53 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12811 posts

May 23, 2014

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying Transistor so far. I'm going to update the OP within a day or two to post some reviews that this has received. So far, many people are enjoying SuperGiant's work and I could see why.

To anyone else that is also a fan of Transistor's soundtrack, the Audio Director of SuperGiant, Darren Korb, posted on the blog. Here's a link:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/23/behind-the-music-and-sounds-of-transistor/

You can also purchase Transistor's soundtrack from SuperGiant's site as well. Here's a link, if anyone is interested:

http://store.supergiantgames.com/

Message 46 of 53 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13775 posts

May 23, 2014

Got to say... It looks awesome. I didn't even want to confess that.

Question: Is it as hard as Final Fantasy? That game is impossible for me.

If it's more near Yakuza difficulty I'd be happy, but anything with some sort of RPG focus I have to be very weary of as I don't enjoy games I'm bad at.

Message 47 of 53 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
958 posts

May 23, 2014

narutofan, here is the layout as best I can recall:

Left Analog Stick = Movement

4 Face Buttons = Attacks you have on your hotbar

R2 = Enter planning mode (lets you plan out your attacks and then just execute them all at once)

Those are the main buttons you'll use.  When I play later tonight, if I think of anything else I'll come back here and post.

Message 48 of 53 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

May 24, 2014

This game is tons of fun, well worth the $20. You can reall see the unique style that Supergiant Games brings to the table. Very Bastion-Like in graphics and also narrative. Gameplay is hugely different though. I much prefer Bastion to Transistor but Transistor is definately a unique expierence that you shouldn't pass up.

Message 49 of 53 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

May 24, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

Got to say... It looks awesome. I didn't even want to confess that.

Question: Is it as hard as Final Fantasy? That game is impossible for me.

If it's more near Yakuza difficulty I'd be happy, but anything with some sort of RPG focus I have to be very weary of as I don't enjoy games I'm bad at.

I personally didn't find it that hard, although the "adjustable difficulty" with the Limiters can make the game a challenge on some battles I would imagine. I was able to platinum the game though with relaitve ease. It does require you to use ALL limiters at once for 5 battles, but sometimes you can get them on fairly easy encounters, making the trophy not that difficult depending on when you use it.

Anyways now that I've finished 2 playthroughs and Platinumed it, I fully reccommend it. While it is a bit on the short side (like I said, Platinum in 4 days) - it is an absolute blast, and is quality all the way around in gameplay, visuals, music, and storytelling. Well worth the 20$

Message 50 of 53 (190 Views)
0 Likes