Developer: SuperGiant Games

Publisher: SuperGiant Games

Release Date: May 20, 2014

ESRB Game Rating: T for Teen

Platforms: PS4 and PC

Price: $19.99 in North America

Available: Worldwide Launch, with text in numerous languages

Overview

Announced in March of 2013 and appearing in 2013's E3, Transistor is a next-gen title coming from the creators of Bastion. The game lets you play as Red, a girl who has gained a mysterious weapon and targeted by others, as you fight your way to uncover the origins of this weapon. The game involves you fighting in a futuristic environment with an innovative gamplay while providing rich storytelling. Players will be traveling this world while fighting enemies in an action style that combines realtime and strategic planning, which provides a fast-pace experiance.

The Dualshock 4 will also be intergrated with the PS4 version. As you play the game, the weapon will interact with the Dualshock 4's Light Bar, communicating with the gamer.

Transistor will be released on the PS4 and the PC. Linux and Mac will comes afterwards, with no confirmation of other platforms yet. There is currently no pre-order for this title. That might change in the future.

Update  (5/6/2014)

Transistor is now avaiable for pre-order. Other details and features have been announced, such as:

• Full 1080 p HD resolution
  • Controller Speaker Option
  • More than 30 available trophies, including a Platinum trophy, encouraging people to discover the hidden secrets of Transistor
  • Transistor is about 2.5 GB file size (from blog comment by Greg Kasavin of SuperGiant Games)

Recursion Mode

On 5/15/14, Transistor's Recursion mode was announced. Unlocked after the intial story mode, Recursion mode allows you to retain your progress while discovering new function combinations. Players will replay through the initial story, similiar to new game plus, while finding new suprises, while giving people something different as players will get more in depth with the core gameplay.

Supergiant games also stated that they intend to give a "high level of play" as Recursion Mode and "thousands of different functions and viable playstyles" can give much for players to enjoy.  

Reviews

IGN - 90/100 - While it seems gimmicky on paper, I found myself playing through the entire game this way, and really appreciating the immersion it added to my experience.

TheSixthAxis - 9/10 -  Transistor is a near essential game to own on PS4.

MMORPG.com - 8.7/10 - My biggest wish is for more of this game, a sequel or some DLC, because I want to see this world continued, and I want to play the combat until my thumbs bleed.

GameInformer - 9/10 - From its surreal setting and enigmatic characters, to its surprising upgrade system and combat, Transistor is a game that is happy to let you discover its charms over time.

Gamespot - 8/10 - So in the end, yes, Transistor is a fun action role-playing game with a neat combat system, but beautiful moments like these make it more than that. They make it a game with a soul.

News

Transistor Announced

Release Date

Light Bar Intergration

FAQ

Pre-Order Available

Recursion Mode

Gameplay Videos

Screen Shots

Get ready for an unusual adventure through a stunning futuristic city.

The Transistor holds inside it many powerful functions.

Message 1 of 53 (3,912 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

Re: [INFO] Transistor

Apr 11, 2014

Awesome job buddy!

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 2 of 53 (3,902 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Apr 11, 2014

I like the look of this game. I hope it ends up being a free PS+ game, but either way I'll most likely get it at some point.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 3 of 53 (3,885 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13321 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Nice job, ossie. Looks like it'll be an interesting game.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 4 of 53 (3,880 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9918 posts

Apr 11, 2014
I was super hyped when I first about the game. Then I learned what kind of game it was and immediately said "Nope".
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 5 of 53 (3,877 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

Apr 11, 2014

I'm still hyped for this game, that art style + Super Giant = yes pls. 

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 6 of 53 (3,872 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 11, 2014

A PS4 game that I been forward for a minute! can't wait!

photo Untitled-1_zps8b56206e.gif
Message 7 of 53 (3,861 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6422 posts

Apr 11, 2014

I played this at E3 last year and it was great! Really fun and unique. Definitely one to look out for. Nice thread ossie!

Google+Google+Google+Google+Google+
Message 8 of 53 (3,853 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Apr 11, 2014

nasrulez wrote:
I was super hyped when I first about the game. Then I learned what kind of game it was and immediately said "Nope".

It does seem different than your average game. But it looks very promising and looks very addicting. I personally can't wait.

Message 9 of 53 (3,820 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
257 posts

Apr 12, 2014
I'm definitely excited about this game.
Message 10 of 53 (568 Views)
0 Likes