Feb 24 2014
By: Grindhead_Jim PlayStation MVP 5472 posts

[INFO] Tecmo's Deception (Kagero) 4: Blood Ties (PS3/Vita)

3 replies 575 views Edited Feb 24, 2014

Deception IV: Blood Ties (PS3/Vita)

Tecmo Koei

Release Date: March 25, 2014

TD4logo.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/17/deception-4-blood-ties-ensnares-ps3-vita-players-in-march/

From the producer of Fatal Frame comes the re-imagining of the classic Tecmo game series Deception (also known as Trapt, or Kagero.)

First released in 1996 on the PlayStation, the Deception series uniquely focuses in giving players a taste of what it’s like to play on the side of evil by using a wide variety of imaginative traps to exact revenge on their adversaries.

Deception IV: Blood Ties once again delves into the darkness with strategy-focused action gameplay, allowing players to defeat enemies by luring them through traps to their doom.

From the game's sparce Wiki page:

"The game is a revisit of Tecmo's 1996 PlayStation game Devil's Deception. As a game focused on strategy, the player aims to defeat enemies by luring them into a wide variety of traps. The aim of the game is to prevent the enemy from reaching the player, exclusively using traps. Players can choose to utilise a variety of different traps, including rolling boulders, electrocution, fire, spring boards, spiked walls, human cannons, falling bathtubs, banana peels, an iron maiden, and locomotives. Proper timing of traps is an important aspect of the gameplay, as the player is also able to fall victim to their own traps.

deception_iv_blood_ties-2445348.jpg

deception-iv-blood-ties-20131122131610_6.jpg

Players are able to set their trap combinations within three methods, namely Brutality, Magnificence, or Humiliation; each different type used will grant different rewards from the devil's three servants. Effective utilisation of the environment also allows the player to deal additional damage to foes. The PlayStation Vita version of the game allows players to select and activate traps using the touch screen."

Deception-IV-Blood-Ties-PS3-PSV5.jpg

From the producer of Fatal Frame comes the re-imagining of the classic Tecmo title "Devil's Deception", first released in 1996 on the PlayStation. The Deception series uniquely focuses in giving players a taste of what its like to play on the side of evil by using a wide variety of imaginative traps to exact revenge on their adversaries.

Deception IV: Blood Ties is being developed for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and the PlayStation Vita handheld system and is, much like its predecessors, a strategy focused action series where players control a main character that defeats enemies by luring them into imaginative traps.

For more news on Deception IV: Blood Ties please follow Tecmo on www.facebook.com/tecmoeurope

Grindhead_Jim

Message 1 of 4 (575 Views)
Message 2 of 4 (517 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
986 posts

Re: [INFO] Tecmo's Deception (Kagero) 4: Blood Ties (PS3/Vita)

Mar 8, 2014

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!

I was such a huge fan of Kagero Deception 2 on Playstation, never played the other games but always dreamed of a modern version of the game. I'm spazzing out!!! AHHH I want it!

Shut up and take my money!!! *throws money at screen*

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 3 of 4 (512 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Re: [INFO] Tecmo's Deception (Kagero) 4: Blood Ties (PS3/Vita)

Mar 11, 2014

This **bleep** me off, why great games like that come in way late in the month I HATE WAITING! I hope its cross buy. Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

“Do you know what punishments I've endured for my crimes, my sins? None. I am proof of the absurdity of men's most treasured abstractions. A just universe wouldn't tolerate my existence.”
― Brent Weeks, The Way of Shadows
Message 4 of 4 (486 Views)