Treasure Hunter
6108 posts

Re: [INFO THREAD] Battlefield 4

Apr 25, 2014

This is the official statement from DICE on their server upgrades for PS4 and Xbone.

"Hi everyone,

As you know, we’ve been looking into resolving the “rubber banding” that some players on certain platforms have experienced with Battlefield 4 after the recent release of Naval Strike. We’ve found that the root cause of the issue was a configuration of certain hardware types dedicated to 64-player matches.

We have invested in new hardware to resolve this issue and deployed new higher-performance servers this week. In preparation, we conducted a significant amount of testing before installing the new servers to ensure they would correct the issue. We are already seeing performance improvement with 64-player matches and expect this to continue.

While the process took longer than we would’ve liked, we wanted to be 100% sure it was done right and that the long-term solution was properly in place.

Our objective is to deliver the best player experience possible. We feel this solution helps us deliver that to you. Stay tuned to our official channels for more information.

Thanks,
Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE VP & GM"

Source

Message 71 of 85 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3258 posts

Apr 26, 2014

awtacular wrote:

This is the official statement from DICE on their server upgrades for PS4 and Xbone.

"Hi everyone,

As you know, we’ve been looking into resolving the “rubber banding” that some players on certain platforms have experienced with Battlefield 4 after the recent release of Naval Strike. We’ve found that the root cause of the issue was a configuration of certain hardware types dedicated to 64-player matches.

We have invested in new hardware to resolve this issue and deployed new higher-performance servers this week. In preparation, we conducted a significant amount of testing before installing the new servers to ensure they would correct the issue. We are already seeing performance improvement with 64-player matches and expect this to continue.

While the process took longer than we would’ve liked, we wanted to be 100% sure it was done right and that the long-term solution was properly in place.

Our objective is to deliver the best player experience possible. We feel this solution helps us deliver that to you. Stay tuned to our official channels for more information.

Thanks,
Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE VP & GM"

Source

Well i am hapy this isssue is being resolved as it is pointless playing a round when you cant run from point a to point b smoothly. I have been patient enough to complete a few rounds with this rubber banding effect though it wasnt easy and my K/D ratio was at a all time low at the end but i still play it regardless or how the server works.

I have noticed an improvment already as i played for a few hours lastnight with no issues and smooth gameplay. Though it seems one map has issues still when it loads at the beginning of the match (Conquest) - Rogue Transmission but it is just a loading issue and doesnt affect gamplay.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 72 of 85 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 9, 2014

Has the death shield been fixed?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 73 of 85 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2014

I just wanted to thank @Swindle- @MJSell @Setzaroth @THOR_MX_23 for playing obliteration with me last night for a few hours.   I got my BF4 platinum with all your help!   

Message 74 of 85 (188 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Nov 12, 2014

No, bucket required.

Apparently the Final Stand DLC will feature the C100 (presumably colonel 100) bipod knife, from the hilarious Battlefield friends videos from YouTube. If you haven't checked these out and are a fan of the BF series, you're missing out.

This is the episode this items references: 

Battlefield Friends (Happy Hour) - Tugs Life

bipod knife.png

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 75 of 85 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Nov 12, 2014

I have a Question: Last Black Friday I had bought BF4 and had some major issues and glitches in the game that made me trade it in. I want to buy it again, but have they patched most of the problems in the game?

photo 8404_8a96_zps4b0191c3.gif

Message 76 of 85 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13127 posts

Nov 12, 2014

yes

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 77 of 85 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Nov 12, 2014

BlackAceZero777 wrote:

I have a Question: Last Black Friday I had bought BF4 and had some major issues and glitches in the game that made me trade it in. I want to buy it again, but have they patched most of the problems in the game?

Here's a video from one of the top Battlefield streamers on the subject.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 78 of 85 (131 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Nov 12, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

BlackAceZero777 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

BlackAceZero777 wrote:

Cool. So I will be picking it up.

photo 8404_8a96_zps4b0191c3.gif

Message 79 of 85 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6108 posts

Nov 27, 2014

Since everything usually gets merged to one of the info threads I figured I'd dig it up myself and post here...

Anyways, last night was the first I've played BF4 in a while. I downloaded Final Stand when it came out but didn't play it until last night and when I did finally play the game all my loadouts both vehicles and weapons were all reset to I guess default loadouts. I know this happened before with one of the previous DLC but was fixed rather quickly. Did this happen to anyone else as well? Or was this caused by the last patch/update since I don't think I've played the game since before it came out either.

Message 80 of 85 (85 Views)
0 Likes