Jul 31 2012
By: MastrGT PlayStation MVP 39882 posts

[INFO] Project C.A.R.S., for PS4

[ Edited ]
81 replies 3898 views Edited last month

Developed by the studio that brought to you the Shift series from EA and the BMW demo, Project CARS will be an exciting and very competitive addition to our PS4 racing sim library.

Check out their site for more pictures, details, videos and for participating in its development.

The generally acknowledged and projected released date is mid-November, 2014.

PC vs Console FAQ

PROJECT CARS represents THE ULTIMATE DRIVER JOURNEY...

• FRANCHISE MODE allows you to carve out a personalized career starting in the Karting world and then progressing on to whichever motorsport specialization you prefer including Rally, Touring Cars, Open-Wheel, GT, Le Mans, and many more!
  • Play CO-OP with a friend as Driver/Co-Driver
  • FULL TEAM MANAGEMENT... Have a large number of friends? Create, manage, and compete together!
  • Experience the excitement of PIT STOPS like you've never seen before!
  • Revolutionary PIT-2-CAR RADIO gives you the strategic advantage
  • DYNAMIC Time Of Day & Localized Weather make every race unique and challenging
  • 10+ GAME MODES covering every form of motorsport
  • CLOUD-BASED SOCIAL NETWORK allows you to connect with friends, compare times & scores, compete and challenge each other, and share content
  • USER-GENERATED CONTENT - Create your own liveries, decals, tuning setups, and even events! Then share them with the world - either for free, in-game credits or even real money!
  • PUSHING TO THE LIMITS - Advanced physics, lighting, and AI

Atom

F1

dust

NASCAR

Edit: Updated subject title. -Super_Nova2k13

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 82 (3,898 Views)
PlayStation MVP
22651 posts

Re: Project C.A.R.S., for PS3

Aug 3, 2012

Even though a lot of people have mixed feelings about Shift (I'm not one of them mind you, I think it's a solid game), Slightly Mad does some really nice work. I really have some high hopes for this one. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 82 (3,888 Views)
PlayStation MVP
39882 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 82 (3,869 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5692 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Ya I saw a bit on this game. I sure hope it is good. Looks like something ToCa did back in the day.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 82 (3,863 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
39882 posts

Aug 24, 2012
Remember, for now, the image quality is from the PC demo version.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 82 (3,832 Views)
0 Likes
GT Gold
190 posts

Sep 6, 2012

I bought in and have been playing builds for the last few months now.

This game has the potential to be really, really good.

If anyone has any questions... fire away and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 82 (3,811 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1683 posts

Sep 15, 2012

I think the thing that worries me most about PS3 PCARS is that, SMS is the team that blew it badly with the PS3 version of S2U.

Yes, those pictures and the race replays all come from the PC version. For starters, SMS are going to have to seriously back off that level of detail for the PS3. In fact, given that S2U was their second Shift title (and many of the team had come from other PS3 racing games) it is fair to assume that they got as much out of the PS3 as they possibly could, while managing much better shadow, shading and nighttime detail. So it isn't all that unfair to say that it is probably quite likely that a PS3 version of PCARS will look much more like S2U than like GT5 or these PC captures.

Then, S2U suffered not only from that appalling lag (which they worked on for PC and XBox, but left languishing on the PS3) but also some serious issues with the 'sticky' AI and walls, etc.. Then there's the handling...

While most are all too eager to heap all the blame on EA for how banjaxed the game was, me, I put a fair bit of it squarely on SMS's **bleep**, but unplayable!

I just hope that their priorities have changed for the better. There's a reason GT5 dominates the console racing. It's not because it's pretty (it ain't!). It's not because of great damage, or challenging AI (it ain't got any!). It's because the controls WORK, with the minimum of lag, and with immediate feedback and responsiveness. The physics feel good, tight and responsive. The rest of the game is mostly rubbish...

But WITHOUT good responsive, tight and immediate controls, what's the POINT about anything else?

This is where I feel that SMS lost it. They got everything else right. Just not the one thing you HAVE TO.

I just hope that their priorities have changed. But it seems that graphics is getting a LOT of attention. Please tell me that, to DRIVE (and race!), it is at LEAST as responsive and lag free as GT5. Otherwise, it isn't going to get my hard earned cash. Not after pre-ordering S2U!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 82 (3,774 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
39882 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I don't care what they did for some other company (esp EA), so I will give them the benefit of the doubt with full control. Not worried.

Plus, on top of that, we will get the chance to test things on the PC first, anyway. We know they will have to make cutbacks for consoles. Besides, if you have ever played ToCA 3, then you know graphic qualities can be bottom of the barrel and the rest of the sim can still be good. Not worried.

In fact, I can't wait to see how good this one will be. Oh, yeah...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 82 (3,750 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Destinkeys wrote:

But WITHOUT good responsive, tight and immediate controls, what's the POINT about anything else?

This is where I feel that SMS lost it. They got everything else right. Just not the one thing you HAVE TO.

I just hope that their priorities have changed. But it seems that graphics is getting a LOT of attention. Please tell me that, to DRIVE (and race!), it is at LEAST as responsive and lag free as GT5. Otherwise, it isn't going to get my hard earned cash. Not after pre-ordering S2U!

After playing PCars for the last 5 hours straight I've came to the conclusion that it's basically Race07 with NFS graphics.    Game needs work but it's pre alpha so that's expected.  Looks amazing though and the clutch works properly.  The steering wheel is so much more alive then when playing GT5.  I just hope they keep the ffb settings and adjustments for the console versions.   Brake chatter is awsome and adds so much to the feel of the cars.   This looks like a serious competitor for consoles and PC.   Simbin has tight controls, very tight, some might say like a tiger, this game reflects that and it's awsome so far.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 82 (3,646 Views)
0 Likes
GT Gold
190 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

So far, the only draw back is in using specific corporate names. They are going the route of creating fictional logos for cost reasons. You can replace them to use yourself, you can share them off site, but they won't allow anything with a non affiliated logo to go through the official site. This doesn't bother me in the slightest, it was the same back in the NASCAR days with certain items like beer companies and all.

__

Are you sure about this?  The official forums are littered with user made liveries that use official sponsors/logos and such.  Just curious as to where you read that is all.  I'll eventually be creating some liveries and want to make sure I'm not going to break any rules.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 82 (3,590 Views)
0 Likes