Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Re: The UNOFFICIAL .:.Pixel Junk Monsters.:. Thread

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

Does anyone know when you can start using the Freeze tower?  I really need that one to rainbow some of these levels.  I thought that it was ready from the start like cannon and arrow.  

Nevermind just got it on Harcore special 3 TkI island

Message 31 of 49 (263 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

Aug 24, 2013

sekaniy wrote:

Does anyone know when you can start using the Freeze tower?  I really need that one to rainbow some of these levels.  I thought that it was ready from the start like cannon and arrow.  

Nevermind just got it on Harcore special 3 TkI island

Robot Happy Just so there is no confusion you mean Hard 3 not "hardcore" as Hard-Core is a mode you unlock after every Island is Rainbow'd. If you were looking for the Ice Tower and playing Hard-Core there'd be a problem. Robot LOL

Note for everyone new to PixelJunk Monsters (or if you just didn't know this) ... on every map the levels with the dashes circling it are Special levels, when you clear one of the Special levels you unlock an item which you can use when playing. So as you progress around the islands, when you have access to any Special level, go for it, it's always more rewarding. Heart

Message 32 of 49 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Bridges of Mad County, I did Rainbow that level eventually on my PS Vita (PJMUHD) in the last week. I've made progress further on Gati Gati Island too and completed a few more Medal Challenges.

I still haven't played with anyone else. I guess I'll have to setup a PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD PlayDate thread Robot wink

Message 33 of 49 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

Aug 27, 2013

I've cleared Gati Gati, just today, but I have 1 more Rainbow to be completely satisfied with it.

I also got 3 more trophies. I am still frustrated that there are no Silver or Gold trophies at all in this version of the game. Only Bronze for poor Tikiman fans. Robot Sad

That leaves then the one level on Gati Gati and one on Tiki island to be Rainbowed, then the last island I have half or more completed with Rainbows.

I have played as many Tum Tum island matches as I have to. Those are quite sluggish, maps from the levels with  waves of enemies that differ from the level each map comes from. It taxes the PS Vita so game play feels heavy, but it keeps flowing and hasn't caused any overheating or freezing, so it handles it.

I still haven't played online. No one has sent me a msg here or via PSN nor is anyone ever in a room "up there" if I check.

Doesn't anyone want to play online? Maddening!

Why don't I ask someone? I asks everyone openly here. I don't want to pester anyone individually, if someone wants to play two player online they can freely ask me. We can arrange it via this thread, form PM and PSN Msg.

Message 34 of 49 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

Sep 1, 2013

If anyone is playing PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD on their PS Vita today, I'll be in a Room named "TIkiMan Fun!" and have my PS Vita plugged in to be sure I have enough power to play if anyone shows up.

Room Information

Room Name       TikiMan Fun!

Difficulty       Regular

Island       Any

Region       Any

I have the Room bookmarked, so this is the Room I'll be in for the future, whenever I go online in this game.

Message 35 of 49 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

PS Vita PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - Online Play

Sep 10, 2013

I still need to play at least 2 online games to get my last trophy, if anyone is out there ... I'm online right now, Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:30pm EDT.

PS Vita PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - Online PlayRobot Happy

Message 36 of 49 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Sep 10, 2013

I'll be there in a few minutes.

Message 37 of 49 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

Sep 11, 2013

johngie wrote:

I'll be there in a few minutes.

Thank you for your help!

Too bad the lag was so .... but anyhow, I'll play online for others when they need to get their 5 perfect online matches done. Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 49 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

Oct 15, 2013

I'm working on Hard-Core Rainbowing all the levels.

I have the main island almost done, only one remaining --- Four Trees ... I don't feel like doing that one of late.

Gati Gati will be my next island to complete. I have a few Hard-Core Rainbows on all the islands, just methodically working on each island now, but randomly within each island. 

Anyone want to play online, hit me up with a PSN message and I'm happy to work out a time to play! Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 49 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

Jan 21, 2014

I've totally Hard Mode Rainbowed every single level now.

I took screenshots to put together to show all my rainbows on one pic, but haven't yet taken them off of my PS Vita, so I'm not going to have that on this post, but I am promising to post it later. Maybe it won't be exactly like that. I'm not sure what will work out when I start that project.

Anyone that wants to play online two player, don't hesitate to ask!

I am a nice person to play with, I don't hog the coin and let the other person dig their own grave if they don't know what they are doing Robot wink

That means that strategy I put down will be basic and I won't go crazy taking all the coins and putting down turrets. I aim to let someone have the chance to learn while having another person looking to make it a bit easier with what they do in the game. If someone wants me to I can show them more in-depth, or if they want to co-play and are seasoned, I'm up for that to.

I LOVE playing on Hard Mode, but will play on lesser modes too.

Message 40 of 49 (137 Views)
0 Likes