Reply
PlayStation Moderator
Registered: 12/19/2012
Online
4793 posts
 

Re: The UNOFFICIAL .:.Pixel Junk Monsters.:. Thread - PJMUHD - PS Vita Play and Online Play

Aug 3, 2013
Message 21 of 49 (333 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Online
4090 posts
 

Re: The UNOFFICIAL .:.Pixel Junk Monsters.:. Thread - PJMUHD - PS Vita Play and Online Play

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

So, who else is playing this game on their PS Vita? (PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD)

 

I started mine on Regular. I've skipped around some ... Rainbowed Easy and some Medium on the main island, moved to the two other islands and played a bit, also have played the Metal Challenges as I unlock them.

 

I did go ONLINE and found two people each in two Rooms. I tried to do something and the one kicked me out. So I quit trying online.

 

Who wants to play online? I like playing with others sometimes. I don't mind helping those who want to learn how to play the game. Co-op can be lots of fun too.

 

Don't forget too, this game has Ad-hoc, so if you know someone with this game and a PS Vita, local co-op would be awesome!

Message 21 of 49 (373 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: The UNOFFICIAL .:.Pixel Junk Monsters.:. Thread - PJMUHD - PS Vita Play and Online Play

Aug 7, 2013

I wouldn't mind trying co-op sometime...

 

Except for the fact that I started the game today and made it to the island menu, then quit. I'd almost rather just play the PSP version. This game makes me sad. 

Message 23 of 49 (368 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Online
4090 posts
 

Too many questions --->

Aug 7, 2013

johngie wrote:

I wouldn't mind trying co-op sometime...

 

Except for the fact that I started the game today and made it to the island menu, then quit. I'd almost rather just play the PSP version. This game makes me sad. 


What quit? You, or the game or both or your PS Vita? Why does this game make you sad? (I hope I'm not being dense!)

 

FWIW I was playing the PSP version on my PS Vita since forever ... well, since I was able to run it, whenever that is. I had to frequently let it overwrite my save file ... it was annoying. Note: I started the game on my PS Vita fresh, no PSP save file.

 

Thus I am happy for a new version of PJM but ... I wish there was something NEW, only thing is that there are a few "new" trophies and a few "new" metal challenges.

 

Maybe there's something else new, but I don't know.

 

Also, one of the trophies is for two player ... I don't know if it'll work ONLINE or not. Ad-hoc is a good feature, only if the people around you want the same game though. Alas I have no such luck.

 

Did you get your PS Vita sent in, or fixed or did it turn on, having problems with it? 

Message 24 of 49 (364 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Online
4090 posts
 

Online Co-Op PJMUHD

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

PJMUHD has been out for a couple of weeks now. I haven't "finished" it. I've played it a lot, but haven't played to the nth degree (like maybe I would if I could, but I've other things to do, and don't like some levels enough to play them again and again, over and over and over ad nauseum when I need to Rainbow that level to move to the next in that direction.

 

Ah, but why am I posting this now? Online Two Player (co-op)

 

Anyone with Pixel Junk Monsters Ultimate HD either needs a near-by adhoc connection (which I really wish someone near me had this game, adhoc is awesome!)  or connect to the in-game online lobby and join or create a room.

 

There is a trophy for clearing perfectly some levels in two player.

 

Planned outings would be nice for some of us. If anyone wants to play online, I'd be happy to co-op PJMUHD. I'm not ALWAYS available, but we can work something out.

 

Join the fun!

Message 25 of 49 (351 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Online
4090 posts
 

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD PS Vita - Game Screenshots

Aug 21, 2013

Screenshots from my PS Vita PJMUHD play.

 

4 Tree Rainbow Trophy


Crazy-Maisy - 4 Tree Rainbow Trophy

 

A very challenging level on the Main island (Medium 4 Treeless Forest) this is the Medal Challenge that is ulocked when you clear that. 

 


 

Tiki Island - Hard 2 Double Team (Unlocks Rainbow Team Medal Challenge)

 

Crazy-Maisy - Tiki Island - Hard 2 Double Team (Unlocks Rainbow Team Medal Challenge)

 

This is a fun level. I really like playing this one anytime on my PSP, PS3 and now PS Vita versions. It's a level that gets quite busy near the end. One has to play it right to Rainbow it.Robot Happy

 


 

Gati Gati Island - Medium 2 Bridges of Mad County - Map

 

Crazy-Maisy - Bridges of Mad County

 

 

Gati Gati Island - Medium 2 Bridges of Mad County - Wave 1

 

Crazy-Maisy - Bridges of Mad County - Wave 1

 

Bridges of Mad County is a difficult level. Monsters come from the bottom left and the top right. There are only so many trees to place towers in and there are all the varieties of monsters that require the use of Tesla, Fire, and Ice Towers, all costly. 

 

I play PJM on Regular. I Rainbow every level first try if I can. Some are harder than others. This one is plaguing me. PSP version of the game has this level, PS3 version does not. There are no videos or help pictures for this level online that I can find.

 

I have Hard-Core Rainbow'd every one of the 3 islands on my PSP long ago. I was playing that version on my PS Vita as well before this version was released. I've Rainbow'd it before, therefore, but it's causing me consternation. I lose just 1 of my babies when I try this or that configuration and that's it. Just 1. Maddening Indeed!


 

Anyone else have Screenshots to share from this game?

Message 26 of 49 (334 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
12347 posts
 

Re: The UNOFFICIAL .:.Pixel Junk Monsters.:. Thread

Aug 21, 2013

Love PJM on PS3 and PSP.

 

One day i expect to try the VITA version, when VITAs are priced to sell as well as applicable storage medium.

 

 

 

Lately been playing it again on ps3 (Lost my PSP) and its as good as I remember, Pixel Junk games are great.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.


some_text
Message 27 of 49 (328 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/07/2009
Online
796 posts
 

Re: The UNOFFICIAL .:.Pixel Junk Monsters.:. Thread

Aug 21, 2013
i LOVE PJM, have loved it from day one, got it on psp and psvita and when seen it was coming to vita i knew i must have it. i hope down the road they will make a new dlc for the game. new monsters and level, or another island.
Message 28 of 49 (327 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: Too many questions --->

Aug 22, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

johngie wrote:

I wouldn't mind trying co-op sometime...

 

Except for the fact that I started the game today and made it to the island menu, then quit. I'd almost rather just play the PSP version. This game makes me sad. 


What quit? You, or the game or both or your PS Vita? Why does this game make you sad? (I hope I'm not being dense!)

 

FWIW I was playing the PSP version on my PS Vita since forever ... well, since I was able to run it, whenever that is. I had to frequently let it overwrite my save file ... it was annoying. Note: I started the game on my PS Vita fresh, no PSP save file.

 

Thus I am happy for a new version of PJM but ... I wish there was something NEW, only thing is that there are a few "new" trophies and a few "new" metal challenges.

 

Maybe there's something else new, but I don't know.

 

Also, one of the trophies is for two player ... I don't know if it'll work ONLINE or not. Ad-hoc is a good feature, only if the people around you want the same game though. Alas I have no such luck.

 

Did you get your PS Vita sent in, or fixed or did it turn on, having problems with it? 


Late reply, I know.

 

I had my Vita serviced, got it back with no issues. Then I started the game, and I was just tired of it. I'm not really sure of the best way to explain it, but there was no nothing that was making me want to play it. That's all.

Message 29 of 49 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Online
4090 posts
 

2-Player; New Trophies; New Medal Challenges

Aug 22, 2013

johngie wrote:



Late reply, I know.

 

I had my Vita serviced, got it back with no issues. Then I started the game, and I was just tired of it. I'm not really sure of the best way to explain it, but there was no nothing that was making me want to play it. That's all.


Oh, too bad. You know there ARE a few new Medal Challenges and new Trophies in the game (even if they are just Bronzes)

 

Even though it's the same game I've played again and again and again, it's challenging enough just because a few of the levels get me slogged down, like the one I put pics of above, Bridges of Mad County. I'm not fond of Eruption Destruction either, so I haven't Rainbow'd that one. I'm not done with everything else either, slowly going around all the Islands but trying not to get too ahead on Gati Gati with Mad County sitting there cleared but no Rainbow.

 

FWIW if you LOVE PJM and want to PLAY ONLINE 2-Player this is the only good way to do it with a PS VIta.

 

I haven't played anyone 2 player yet. No one has asked me to, neither have I asked anyone else, but I have this thread here just begging anyone to ask me, practically Robot wink

Message 30 of 49 (317 Views)
Reply
0 Likes