Do you mean 
Jun 07 2013
By: Crazy-Maisy PlayStation MVP 3381 posts

[INFO] Pixel Junk Monsters

[ Edited ]
48 replies 742 views Edited Jan 22, 2014

Pixel Junk Monsters (PSN $9.99) and Encore add-on (PSN $5.99)  for PS3

pixeljunkMonstersLogoBanner001.jpeg

Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe (PSN $7.99; also on UMD) for PSP and playable on PS Vita

pixeljunk-monsters-deluxe-600x250.jpg

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD (PSN $14.99) for PS Vita (Released July 30, 2013) [currently: Janary 2014 on sale for $7.49 and PS+ $3.49]

Pixel Junk Monsters Ultimate HD.jpg

Pixel Junk Monsters is a great game. It's one of my favorites, I still play it on the PS3, and on my PS Vita (PJM Deluxe). I used  to play it on my PSP, but it does feel much nicer on my PS Vita. 

How often do you play it? How big a fan of it are you? Which version(s) do you play? Favorite levels?  Fan art? Videos? Whatever PJM related thing you want to say, Post it!

Give Tiki Man and his babies some love!

If you like tower defense games, this one is a classic. Hand drawn, good soundtrack, fun to play and become addicted to!

You can find the PS3 game and add-on in the PSN Store. The PSP game is also in the PSN Store, but also available on UMD for your PSP, the downloadable version works on the PS Vita.

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD is in the PSN Store only, for now. It's only playable on PS Vita. Released July 30, 2013.

NEWS

Pixel Junk Monsters: Ultimate HD for PS Vita has been announced (June 25, 2013) to be released this Summer (officially out on July 30th 2013 downloadable via PSN PS Vita Store for $14.99, PS+ $11.99)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 49 (742 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11072 posts

Re: The UNOFFICIAL .:.Pixel Junk Monsters.:. Thread

Jun 7, 2013

It was about a month or so ago that I tried playing PixelJunk Monsters again. I have the original game with the DLC package that I bought for the extra island. My game is saved near the end of the second island. Since it's been such a long time that I've played the game last, I figure that I'd have to really relearn how to play it from the beginning instead of the end.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 49 (735 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3381 posts

Jun 7, 2013

I've played the PS3 game for a long time, but didn't try for all the Trophy Challenges until the last few months. I finally got ALL of them done.

I got the Encore add-on as soon as it came out (I think) and I have played the whole game on and off and try to get other people to play all the time.

I got the PSP version as soon as that released. Awesome! I've played that a whole lot there. FINALLY I could play it on my PS VIta just about a year ago. It's so much fun there, looks so good, I am more in love with it than ever.

I would love to see a really nice PS Vita with Trophies version sometime.

The PSP PJM Deluxe has more levels to play than the PS3 game with Encore Add-on. I'd love content added on to the PS3 version for sure too.

Both my favorite levels are on TIKI Island:

Medium 3 Bridge Out is my favorite map level

Hard 2 Double team is my second favorite -- it's the same as Rainbow Team Challenge level too (But Rainbow Team is the hardest!)

I would post some screen shots from my PS Vita, but the game won't allow it. I'll get some photos later, screenshots from PS3 too.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 49 (733 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3381 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Big news!

Pixel Junk Monsters: Ultimate HD coming to PS Vita!

Pixel Junk Monsters Ultimate HD.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 49 (706 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11164 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Will it have co-op?
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 49 (666 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11164 posts

Jun 28, 2013
*Rhetorical question, I know no one here has the answer.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 49 (665 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3381 posts

Jun 30, 2013

johngie wrote:
Will it have co-op?

johngie wrote:
*Rhetorical question, I know no one here has the answer.

Ah, but we do know something about it! Quote from Mark South on the Blog: "Co-op is just as you remember, but with an extra feature to be announced!" --via this post, Comment #12 Answer

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 49 (656 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48571 posts

Jul 9, 2013

PJM is one of my favorite PSN games of all times.   Countless hours have been spent by friends and I doing the co-op trying to "rainbow" every level.    I am even the guy with the "rainbow team trophy guide" on youtube :smileytongue:

(I actually made the framerate drop in this video, thats how beast my defenses were LOL)

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 49 (630 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3381 posts

Jul 10, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

PJM is one of my favorite PSN games of all times.   Countless hours have been spent by friends and I doing the co-op trying to "rainbow" every level.    I am even the guy with the "rainbow team trophy guide" on youtube :smileytongue:

(I actually made the framerate drop in this video, thats how beast my defenses were LOL)

Yeah I tried to do the Rainbow Team trophy over and over (over the years!) and finally looked at your video this year to finally do it. I have no problem with my usual methods on hard-core to rainbow every level.

So do you have any plans on getting a PS Vita now, since you can play the PSP version on it, and there's a new Ultimate HD version coming for the PS Vita?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 49 (617 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48571 posts

Jul 10, 2013

It does tempt me on the vita but I probably wont get one.  I did pre order a PS4, paid in full, though :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 49 (614 Views)
0 Likes