Treasure Hunter
8002 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Information Thread

Aug 30, 2013

I_Dsev wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

This board seems as dead as our board. Or any of the other 12 that they closed. 

1348960051789.jpg

Norf brought it to my attention recently that the Syphon Filter board is still open. Obviously it is because it is a first party game, but still, there hasn't been a game since 2007. TWO THOUSAND AND SEVEN. TWO ZERO ZERO SEVEN. SIX WHOLE YEARS. It has gone the whole of this generation without an actual none PSN title on the PS3. To give you an idea how inactive that forum is, there are posts on the front page from 2012, and to make it worse it isn't even from December of 2012, IT IS FROM FEBRUARY. The second page even has stuff from 2010. TWO THOUSAND AND TEN. TWO ZERO ONE ZERO. JESUS. CHRIST.  :smileymad:

they said they would keep first part game forums open even if no one posts in them.

apparantly forum traffic isnt as important as saving face with some developers.

I'm just glad F0X spelt out the years for us, otherwise his post would've made no sense.

It is called EMPHASIS. JESUS. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 3,840 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4914 posts

Aug 30, 2013

VR_F0X wrote:

I_Dsev wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

1348960051789.jpg

Norf brought it to my attention recently that the Syphon Filter board is still open. Obviously it is because it is a first party game, but still, there hasn't been a game since 2007. TWO THOUSAND AND SEVEN. TWO ZERO ZERO SEVEN. SIX WHOLE YEARS. It has gone the whole of this generation without an actual none PSN title on the PS3. To give you an idea how inactive that forum is, there are posts on the front page from 2012, and to make it worse it isn't even from December of 2012, IT IS FROM FEBRUARY. The second page even has stuff from 2010. TWO THOUSAND AND TEN. TWO ZERO ONE ZERO. JESUS. CHRIST.  :smileymad:

they said they would keep first part game forums open even if no one posts in them.

I'm just glad F0X spelt out the years for us, otherwise his post would've made no sense.

I'm thanking you man! People these days can't take a compliment.

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 3,840 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8002 posts

Aug 31, 2013

I_Dsev wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

I_Dsev wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

1348960051789.jpg

I'm thanking you man! People these days can't take a compliment.

Don't you lie to me, YOU HAD A DIFFERENT INTENT. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 3,840 (697 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31935 posts

Aug 31, 2013

now now, children. play nice.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 3,840 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8002 posts

Sep 2, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

now now, children. play nice.

NO U.

Kojima has been tweeting some cryptic **bleep** again.

"I cut my finger by doing something unusual."

Also:

"Giving gameplay presentation @ KojimaProductionsLAStudio Opening Event next week, KoreP is now learning how to do beauty play for audience."

Doubt we will see anything, might have even happened all ready, but whatever. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 3,840 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7392 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Why is Kojima such a babby when it comes to this stuff? 

"I NOOO ABRE TO PRAY METARU GEAAH SORIDO AND TAWK AT SAME TIEM. METARU GEAAH WEQUIHS STROOOONG COCENWATION."

Like can you see this guy playing online games? Like the old SOCOMs or Rainbow Sixs? My god.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 3,840 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8002 posts

Sep 2, 2013

I just imagine him being really bad at video games. At one point didn't he actually say he gets motion sick from playing them? :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 3,840 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4914 posts

Sep 2, 2013

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ca2647e0b2513922fae5a07c0e31ec2c/tumblr_mg175lLbXO1qcofv8o1_500.gif

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 3,840 (665 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4914 posts

Sep 3, 2013
I like how Kojima says Ma-cap in his recent tweet. Swag.
 photo NorphSig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 3,840 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8305 posts

Sep 3, 2013

I'm pretty sure a beauty play is where the guy gets so good at playing a certain event that he can do certain things to make it look really good for a presentation. For instance, in the MGSV trailer, that whole gameplay segment was a beauty play. Real players are going to go the wrong way, off the horse, get alerted by a chicken, shot by a guard, and somehow infiltrating the base by killing everyone and walking 20 miles to the extraction point with Kaz on their shoulders, after dying at least six times.

Take back the future
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 3,840 (747 Views)
0 Likes