Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11217 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Information Thread

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

VR_F0X wrote:

I made this in the MGS forum before they decided they wanted to ruin the community by closing everything. It is probably of more use here now. I also decided to move it here so there is at least one constant thread that all the regulars from the MGS forum can post in, NOT THAT IT WILL EVER BE THE SAME. :smileymad:

Your old thread could have been moved here from the Metal Gear Solid Series section (i.e., not recreated). This goes for any of the other relatively popular or informative threads in that section. If you would like an archived thread to be moved somewhere then simply "Report Inappropriate Content" on one of the posts in it and ask that it be moved into a particular section. The moderators will only move a thread if they feel it should be moved but if you are asking for a Metal Gear Solid thread to be placed into the Action/Adventure General section then I personally don’t see a problem with this.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 3,674 (1,485 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4900 posts

Aug 22, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

I made this in the MGS forum before they decided they wanted to ruin the community by closing everything. It is probably of more use here now. I also decided to move it here so there is at least one constant thread that all the regulars from the MGS forum can post in, NOT THAT IT WILL EVER BE THE SAME. :smileymad:

Your old thread could have been moved here from the Metal Gear Solid Series section (i.e., not recreated). This goes for any of the other relatively popular or informative threads in that section. If you would like an archived thread to be moved somewhere then simply "Report Inappropriate Content" on one of the posts in it and ask that it be moved into a particular section. The moderators will only move a thread if they feel it should be moved but if you are asking for a Metal Gear Solid thread to be placed into the Action/Adventure General section then I personally don’t see a problem with this.

Is there a way to open the MGS board back up? Because that's the most important information.

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

To be honest it is a surprise we haven't all been banned by now. Given, I've been the least of the offenders, but still.

Also, it appears Idris Elba failed to save the MGS forum. Looks like he cancel the alockalypse after all.

I am excited MGSV. Particularly because I am excited to lose my mind as Big Boss and start running people over.

EDIT: Remember to rate my sig!

EDIT 2: It'd be funny if I had a Scott Shelby avatar, what with my rank and all. :smileymad:

Dammit Ryan, we can't be banned! We're like the Magnificent 7/8 there's even a gif of us: http://emotionreply.com/i/f71771.gif

"The attack began at 6:18 PM, just as he said it would. Judgment Day, the day the Metal Gear Solid Board was almost destroyed by the weapons they'd built to protect themselves. I should have realized it was never our destiny to stop Judgment Day, it was merely to survive it, together. The Terminator knew; he tried to tell us, but I didn't want to hear it. Maybe the future has been written. I don't know; all I know is what the Terminator taught me; never stop fighting. And I never will. The battle has just begun."

http://24.media.tumblr.com/db33eef0a2631f2841e16b0116f226fa/tumblr_mn4oc1sKbY1rzdvhxo1_r2_500.gif

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 3,674 (1,478 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11217 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2013

I_Dsev wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

Is there a way to open the MGS board back up? Because that's the most important information.

None of the boards that have been archived since the Jive to Lithium transition have been reopened. I don't expect any of the newly archived boards to be reopened either, which is why I recommend that you request to have some of the more active Metal Gear Solid threads moved here. I don't have a definite answer for you (unfortunately) but it seems like SCEA has made up their minds about this. If you feel strongly about it then the best thing that you can do right now is make your concerns known in the PlayStation Community Forums Changes Incoming thread (some of you have done this already).

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 3,674 (1,470 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31759 posts

Aug 22, 2013

I_Dsev wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

nope.

talked to Tempest_Fire about it and its gone for good. :smileysad:

i tried guys, i tried...

they may have destroyed our Mother Base, but we will rebuild here. this is our Outer Heaven!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 3,674 (1,463 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8253 posts

Aug 22, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

I_Dsev wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

nope.

talked to Tempest_Fire about it and its gone for good. :smileysad:

i tried guys, i tried...

they may have destroyed our Mother Base, but we will rebuild here. this is our Outer Heaven!

I enjoyed getting all emotional about it and making a huge post. I feel like I changed some lives with that. Like, in a way, I was my own Idris Elba. But I'm over it now. Let's just hope Vincent and Phil and Ark and the rest will start coming here now.

Not that I DON'T want it reopened. I'll still take that. But I'm done getting emotional... just another forum to take over. :smileylol:

Take back the future
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 3,674 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4900 posts

Aug 22, 2013

I'm still emotional!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4561f2ea4134823c29a21fac80eaad5a/tumblr_mj4uldPyWI1qcga5ro1_500.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9uua5RtZO1r5r8duo1_500.gif

Well not really but it does give me an excuse to post all these Terminator gifs.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc3v5n6wxU1roavl3o1_500.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8h6geszmb1qeiocm.gif

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 3,674 (1,451 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7965 posts

Aug 22, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

Good to know.

I don't see why we can't recreate a little bit of the old MGS forum here, of course I would rather just have the forum back, but I am sure we can make this work. Just need everyone else to get involved.

Kojima had an interesting tweet the other day, originally he was going to have Naomi be called Naomi Key, an anagram of Konami. Would be interesting to see other concepts they had for the games, especially the earlier titles. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 3,674 (1,442 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31759 posts

Aug 22, 2013

so on an ON TOPIC note.

you guys think anything will be shown at TGS?

im hoping for a new Ground Zeroes trailer and an announcement on its release.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 3,674 (1,441 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7965 posts

Aug 22, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

so on an ON TOPIC note.

you guys think anything will be shown at TGS?

im hoping for a new Ground Zeroes trailer and an announcement on its release.

Without a doubt we will see something at TGS. A trailer showing off more of the new characters would be pretty cool. Wouldn't mind getting an idea with what is going on with MGO, but I doubt we will get anything from that at this point.

Hopefully they announce what the deal is with Ground Zeroes, if it is going to be sold seperate or whatever. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 3,674 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8253 posts

Aug 22, 2013

I just want to see Big Boss run someone over. If they can show that at TGS, I'll be happy.

Take back the future
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 3,674 (1,325 Views)
0 Likes