Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Information Thread

Aug 22, 2013

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

I just want to see Big Boss run someone over. If they can show that at TGS, I'll be happy.

why have i never thought of that. :smileyindifferent:

literally, not once since we found out we could drive cars did i think about running people over. THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!

Message 21 of 4,414 (1,381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4965 posts

Aug 22, 2013

VR_F0X wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

I made this in the MGS forum before they decided they wanted to ruin the community by closing everything. It is probably of more use here now. I also decided to move it here so there is at least one constant thread that all the regulars from the MGS forum can post in, NOT THAT IT WILL EVER BE THE SAME. :smileymad:

Your old thread could have been moved here from the Metal Gear Solid Series section (i.e., not recreated). This goes for any of the other relatively popular or informative threads in that section. If you would like an archived thread to be moved somewhere then simply "Report Inappropriate Content" on one of the posts in it and ask that it be moved into a particular section. The moderators will only move a thread if they feel it should be moved but if you are asking for a Metal Gear Solid thread to be placed into the Action/Adventure General section then I personally don’t see a problem with this.

Good to know.

I don't see why we can't recreate a little bit of the old MGS forum here, of course I would rather just have the forum back, but I am sure we can make this work. Just need everyone else to get involved.

Kojima had an interesting tweet the other day, originally he was going to have Naomi be called Naomi Key, an anagram of Konami. Would be interesting to see other concepts they had for the games, especially the earlier titles. :smileymad:

I sometimes just think Kojima makes them up now and pretends they thought about it back then haha.

Some of the old stuff is crazy though, like Snake resembling Walken, imagine sitting in a meeting and trying to make that fly nowadays.

"Yeah...so the main character...his name is Snake...he has a bandanna...a mullet...oh!... and he looks likes Christo-"

"Barry you're fired."

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 22 of 4,414 (1,375 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

Aug 23, 2013

I_Dsev wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

I made this in the MGS forum before they decided they wanted to ruin the community by closing everything. It is probably of more use here now. I also decided to move it here so there is at least one constant thread that all the regulars from the MGS forum can post in, NOT THAT IT WILL EVER BE THE SAME. :smileymad:

Your old thread could have been moved here from the Metal Gear Solid Series section (i.e., not recreated). This goes for any of the other relatively popular or informative threads in that section. If you would like an archived thread to be moved somewhere then simply "Report Inappropriate Content" on one of the posts in it and ask that it be moved into a particular section. The moderators will only move a thread if they feel it should be moved but if you are asking for a Metal Gear Solid thread to be placed into the Action/Adventure General section then I personally don’t see a problem with this.

Good to know.

I don't see why we can't recreate a little bit of the old MGS forum here, of course I would rather just have the forum back, but I am sure we can make this work. Just need everyone else to get involved.

Kojima had an interesting tweet the other day, originally he was going to have Naomi be called Naomi Key, an anagram of Konami. Would be interesting to see other concepts they had for the games, especially the earlier titles. :smileymad:

I sometimes just think Kojima makes them up now and pretends they thought about it back then haha.

Some of the old stuff is crazy though, like Snake resembling Walken, imagine sitting in a meeting and trying to make that fly nowadays.

"Yeah...so the main character...his name is Snake...he has a bandanna...a mullet...oh!... and he looks likes Christo-"

"Barry you're fired."

id buy Metal Gear Walken.

Message 23 of 4,414 (1,366 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8234 posts

Aug 23, 2013

I_Dsev wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

Good to know.

"Barry you're fired."

I just imagine Solid Snake dancing around like Walken does in that Weapon of Choice music video.

Speaking of driving over people, I am curious to know what the handling will be like on the vehicles. Outside of the on rails stuff, and REX VS RAY, they haven't done vehicles before. :smileymad:

Message 24 of 4,414 (1,357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4965 posts

Aug 23, 2013

I like to think his story in Pulp Fiction is about him as Solid Snake.

I think driving is going to totally different on next gen consoles, but I can't see it being groundbreaking in MGSV, I imagine it'll be solid though. I wonder what kind of stealth aspects they could incorperate with them though.

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 25 of 4,414 (1,351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4965 posts

Aug 23, 2013
http://www.hiyoooo.com/
 photo NorphSig.png

Message 26 of 4,414 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4965 posts

Aug 24, 2013

http://31.media.tumblr.com/3198a9e7a20114079f1fc87793bb9798/tumblr_mk5ngmtxWh1s7pxluo1_500.gif

photo NorphSig.png

Message 27 of 4,414 (1,331 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8485 posts

Aug 24, 2013

I_Dsev wrote:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/3198a9e7a20114079f1fc87793bb9798/tumblr_mk5ngmtxWh1s7pxluo1_500.gif

Now make it backwards.

Take back the future
Message 28 of 4,414 (1,324 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

Aug 24, 2013

VR_F0X wrote:

I_Dsev wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

VR_F0X wrote:

Good to know.

"Barry you're fired."

I just imagine Solid Snake dancing around like Walken does in that Weapon of Choice music video.

Speaking of driving over people, I am curious to know what the handling will be like on the vehicles. Outside of the on rails stuff, and REX VS RAY, they haven't done vehicles before. :smileymad:

im sure the vehicles will handle just like GTA. maybe with more control feedback though. due to the different styles of vehicle and terrain.

curious as to how the horse will handle though. i hope its more like RDR and less like AC.

Message 29 of 4,414 (1,322 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4965 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

I_Dsev wrote:

Now make it backwards.

http://i.imgur.com/G3DEyLe.gif

photo NorphSig.png

Message 30 of 4,414 (1,160 Views)