VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain

Apr 18, 2014

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

i was thinking, when do you think Kojima made the decision to cut MGSV into 2 games?

at the start of all the rusing and mystery it seemed like they were unsure about making 2 games. everything was just MGSV:TPP. then they said it was 2 games, everyone got confused and Kojima had to explain it all.

if the decision to cut the game into 2 was made rather quickly, how much content do you think got cut from GZ?

Well GZ was always supposedly intended to be a FOX Engine demonstration/prologue. I don't imagine content was cut, I imagine content that was never supposed to be there was added(Extra missions and such).

it was only intended to be that once the game was split into 2 titles.

when GZ and TPP were on in the same, GZ wouldnt have been as gimped as it is now. no sense in not including features in the begining of the game that are in the rest of it.

that would be like if they removed cardboard boxes and wall knocking in the Tanker Mission/Virtous Mission. doesnt make sense.

Message 2411 of 5,641 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Apr 18, 2014

the_original_se wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

i was thinking, when do you think Kojima made the decision to cut MGSV into 2 games?

at the start of all the rusing and mystery it seemed like they were unsure about making 2 games. everything was just MGSV:TPP. then they said it was 2 games, everyone got confused and Kojima had to explain it all.

if the decision to cut the game into 2 was made rather quickly, how much content do you think got cut from GZ?

Well GZ was always supposedly intended to be a FOX Engine demonstration/prologue. I don't imagine content was cut, I imagine content that was never supposed to be there was added(Extra missions and such).

it was only intended to be that once the game was split into 2 titles.

when GZ and TPP were on in the same, GZ wouldnt have been as gimped as it is now. no sense in not including features in the begining of the game that are in the rest of it.

that would be like if they removed cardboard boxes and wall knocking in the Tanker Mission/Virtous Mission. doesnt make sense.

Let's face it. Kojima is a Hollywood fanboy. He fired David Hayter just to rub shoulders with Kiefer Sutherland, and he wanted a movie to get in good with some famous directors. In this scenario he is Mei Ling, and literally everyone else is Solid Snake. He probably looked over at his chest of movies and saw Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2 and said, if Hollywood can do it, so can I!

That's something we can all agree on.

Take back the future
Message 2412 of 5,641 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

Apr 18, 2014

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bf11f80667b94b5f9516b730474a6754/tumblr_mjk4ww3dyq1rzhv8po1_500.gif

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 2413 of 5,641 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

Apr 18, 2014

Hey bros and broette. I feel a bit weird for doing this but I've recently got this new jacket and I'm a lil paranoid because it's not something I'd usually get and everything so I was just hoping for your opinion on it, I've kept the receipts and everything if I need to take it back:

http://i.imgur.com/KG8WAUZ.jpg

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 2414 of 5,641 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Apr 18, 2014

That's a nice jacket Norph. I like the neck clip, it all goes together.

I am also digging the random kanji around the room. Rad bachpad brah.

Take back the future
Message 2415 of 5,641 (349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

Apr 18, 2014

Cheers, bro. Think I'll keep it!

Have no clue what it means but cheers! Needs a clean though.

It's errr...it's where the magic...I guess it's well, it's where the handy magic happens.

photo NorphSig.png

Message 2416 of 5,641 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Apr 18, 2014

Also, with easter around the corner, I wonder: Will Phil be sharing any more of her artsy eggs with us?

Take back the future
Message 2417 of 5,641 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Apr 18, 2014

GZ is awesome and waiting for TPP is just horrible already! Dammit Kojimaaaaaa!

Message 2418 of 5,641 (331 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Apr 18, 2014

that jacket needs a Diamond Dogs logo and a cigar and it would be complete.

Message 2419 of 5,641 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

Apr 19, 2014

the_original_se wrote:

that jacket needs a Diamond Dogs logo and a cigar and it would be complete.

Maybe when I'm about 40 and going through a midlife crisis Smiley Happy

Dude I'm not sure about cuffs and the waist :/

photo NorphSig.png

Message 2420 of 5,641 (309 Views)
0 Likes